Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

somehow managed to log in and get a very respectable win first game! then we proceeded to do the opposite of win for the rest of the night, but I'm happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

MarshyMcFly posted:

I found these people farming damage in a duos game the other day. Are they cheating? The pathfinder already had a 4k badge so he wasn't getting it for someone else. The bloodhound looked like he was in on it too. I was wondering if the Loba was in on it. If the Loba was in on it that would be teaming but I wasn't sure if they were blatantly teaming or the Loba was just bad. Also the pathfinder just let the Loba kill him so that was super suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je8Q6P1vNR8

I think they were just 3 very cowardly people who had more shield batteries than sense. the loba didn't stop shooting whenever the pathfinder ran away, which seems weird to do if you're looking to farm as much damage as possible. not pictured is every time the pathfinder ran behind a box to fully heal the loba did too, instead of ever pushing. if the loba pushed that match... probably would have ended the same way, actually as bad as they were the bloodhound did 1v1 them

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

man in the eyeball hat posted:

is there a reason not to hold W at all times?

I think that for a long drop you want to hold W and point down until you hit a high speed, then level out and stop boosting? not going to lie I'm mostly saying this so someone else can specifically tell me how I'm wrong

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Chard posted:

please let me buy a bunch of movement puzzle levels

if you haven't played Titanfall 2 yet, please buy and play Titanfall 2. the movement is even better and the campaign is the best fps campaign I've ever seen, and is mostly about moving through the levels in interesting ways

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
skulltown at least has a really cool name

bonsai plaza is my fave drop there, you usually get a few people on either side, so you tend to have 2-3 clearly defined battles right in a row, but with time to patch up a bit in between

occasionally it's a 9 team clusterfuck, but there's a fair few ways to disengage in that case

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Boxman posted:

No drop in this game sucks worse than waterfall. I get why it was happening on day 1, why are there still 2-3 teams reliably dropping for a half squad’s worth of loot? because they want to show off their shiny new 30XX GPUs?

Anyway my favorite gimmick drop is to take the phase runner straight off the drop and go halfway - or all the way, if you want to drop by hydroponic and just take two jumps to rift - across the map. If you don’t want to drop hot it’s usually a very safe way to get away from everyone.

there's no better feeling than going phase runner (or in my groups parlance "orb orb") and getting to absolutely light up a team that jumps in there in a panic 30 seconds later

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Queer Salutations posted:

Joined an Arena match to get one more Juice Canister so I could finish a daily. Ended up being a friend and I without a third against a full team so we decided to goof off and try and get our Pistol knockdown/damage weeklys since we were already screwed. Got trounced two rounds in a row before the Wingman Gods shone upon us and we reverse swept them using fully upgraded Wingmans and RE-45s. The most nonsense game of Arena I'll probably ever play.

I'm terrible with the wingman but for one glorious arena match I got to clown on some folk by wingman sniping and that's a pretty good close to the week imo

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

I really enjoyed my time with the Bocek but it really was just a deeply broken weapon, in, like, such a fundamental way, that I don't understand how it made it to release.

It took me like 3 seconds with the thing to grok that it would entirely demolish gameplay at the higher levels because it was just that powerful

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
they spawn in arenas as of last night, that's where I got mine

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Cerepol posted:

I just want my triple take back, what happened to it???

I loved that awkward Sniper and feel like poo poo just want it back

it's no longer a sniper weapon, and it'll be in the care packages until its replaced by the bocek

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Tweak posted:

Which reminds me, what are the circumstances where a kill is awarded when another person does die to the ring/fall off the map? I gather it's because I for instance was the last person who dealt damage to them, but it doesn't always happen. I think I've heard if the person heals (at all? To full?) after they were shot and then died to the ring/fall, it ends up as a suicide instead. It might be a timer like assists, but I swear I've been awarded kills from someone outside the ring well after what that should be (unless it used to be different).

that might be a question for one of the Devs on twitter, I'd guess if someone still has health damage when the ring starts killing them, whoever did that gets a kill. so probably thank them for not popping some syringes!

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't think healing up matters. I've had fights where I've literally hit a player with one bullet, they've run off, then 5 minutes later they die to the ring and I get the Elimination. I can't imagine they sat around that long with 11 health missing or w/e and didn't pop a syringe.

listen I don't want to talk about how or why it's easy for me to imagine that scenario let's just agree to understand that this is a thing that happens and the people it happens to often feel dumb as gently caress if they notice 5 minutes later

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Cretin90 posted:

This is kinda old man yells at clouds but it bothers me how stiff the matchmaking in duos is. I suspect it’s because the likelihood of having one excellent friend is much higher than having two excellent friends so the player pool for duos is both much better and much smaller.

This post brought to you by queueing ten matches in duos this morning with my 0.9KDR friend and getting annihilated by double hammers/trail of skulls people in 8-9/10 those matches.

duos this season seems way harder than it used to

maybe all the bad players are in arenas, bolstering my bafflingly high for me 50% winrate

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
it was? didn't someone just spot a prowler with ironsights, which is a thing you've been able to do for 2 seasons now?

like, you wouldn't do it, because why drop the digithreat, but you can just take that off

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
seems to be yeah

it always drops 3 charms though, so if you just want the loot you can solo drop duos and go scavenging

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Didn’t Blizzard try to associate everyone’s account with their real name for a while? The cons probably waaaay outweigh the pros there but it was an interesting idea.

if you don't think people will say just the most heinous poo poo using their real names please go look at the comments under any article posted by your local news talking about immigrants, protestors, or homeless people

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

repiv posted:

https://medium.com/@p0358/how-to-fix-titanfall-3e5f9c0132c6

titanfall players have now taken to reverse engineering the game in order to spoon-feed respawn the exact things that need changing in order to stop the attacks

that's some desperation

oh is Titanfall down again? it was working over the weekend

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I want everyone talking about how op seer is to consider that not only is he going to be in 90% of squads this week, but also that Valkyrie seemed oppressive as gently caress a few weeks ago until everyone learned to start looking upwards every once in a while.

seers tac is pretty hard to hit with at the best of times, and his passive doesn't automatically relay info to your teammates. without the passive the tactical is actually useless

I feel like his ult could stand to be a bit easier to see, though that might come with time

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Start with her dialogue please, good god. Someone tell the writers that lifetime soldiers don’t typically sound like they just walked out of boot camp.

Also “Tap, Rack and Clear” gives me an aneurism every time.

my headcanon is that she's never been a soldier. she didn't even wash out, she was turned away at the recruiter's office and then spent the next 500 hours of her life grumpily posting in the future version of GIP

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
I'm looking forward to the reveal that ash actually has a lil ratatouille controlling her, not a malevolent ai.

that's what that trailer implied right?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
there's like, literally two cases where I use the havoc and it's when it's the only gun I can get on a hot drop OR when I've already got a turbocharger and a good energy mag, but I haven't found a devotion yet.

The p2020 is a gun that's godlike for upwards of 120 seconds into the round and then drops down to useless which makes it a weird one to consider for a tier list. If I land on a p2020 with like 3 teams nearby I'm thrilled, because it lets you just poo poo out fairly accurate bullets with next to no downtime, but I couldn't imagine choosing to leave the hotdrop with one, you know?

edit: This is a stealth "is there any secret p2020 strats I've never seen, or have the dev team ever talked about giving it something to make it usable lategame?" post, btw.

egg tats fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 24, 2022

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

CoolCab posted:

it's been very significantly buffed (it does more bonus damage to flesh than either of the other hammerpoint weapons) but that doesn't make it as good as them since they're better at other stuff.

oh yeah, these days if I'm feeling spicy I'll hold onto a moz, and the RE45 is a legit good gun, but finding a p2020 when you've got anything already in your hands is only ever good if you happen to need a bit of light ammo.

but when everyone around has white shields and 0-1 guns, the p2020 is king (actually the moz is still probably my preference for hot drops but I digress)

ErKeL posted:

I prefer the Havoc over the devotion. With a turbocharger it absolutely pumps fools at close-midrange and the recoil is an absolute breeze to control.

oh yeah, I've been melted by a havoc often enough to know that it can be good, BUT I know I'm useless with it without a turbo, and I prefer a Devotion if I have a turbo, so it's been so rare to actually use one that I've never bothered getting good with it (and even if I did I'd probably still rather have any other energy weapon)

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Regrettable posted:

Control is coming back in a few days. Not permanent afaik though.

I really hope control gets added permanently next season, because it being there let me get back into the game (and try out some weapons I wouldn't have otherwise bothered with) after putting it down for 2 seasons

like, I know arenas has its fans but I like how casual control is. unless you're getting so rolled that the entire enemy team is spawn camping your team it doesn't even feel bad to lose (and even then at least the game is about to end anyway). being able to just decide "ok, I'm going to try out Mozambique&30/30" or some other goofy poo poo and finding out that hey, you might not be that bad with the 30/30 actually is really cool.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Keito posted:

Pubbies very rarely seem to pick up these beacons but they sure like to ping them even if they're not carrying anything in their survival item slot themselves.

there's a certain wisdom to understanding when you're the one using the mobile respawn beacon, and when you're the one the mobile respawn beacon is being used for

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Imagine watching cinematics or knowing anything about the lore

My head cannon is this is exactly the same as the original Smash Bros and we’re all action figures being played with by a kid.

in reality it's exactly like the movie avengers, but the fandom version where they're all friends who have their own floors in avengers tower and they make fun of each other for eating cereal weird and poo poo

this isn't a shitpost it's literally the truth

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

The past several seasons have just been systematically removing all the all-around good guns from the game. Spitfire, Scout, Longbow, Flatline, Volt. No surprise the 301 and Rampage are next.

I mean, ignoring the fact that it'll be very easy to just craft them if you want, you do know that the flatline and longbow aren't going to craftable next season, so they'll probably go back to being ground loot right?

as much as I like the rampage, it really feels like the default gun for a lot of folk to take, so making it more of an intentional choice is a good thing imo

edit: I mean, it's also possible that they'll go into the care package, but that'll also mean two of the care package guns will be ground loot (probably the scout and the volt) so this really seems like being upset for the sake of it to me

egg tats fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 2, 2022

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

runchild posted:

Worlds Edge should presumably be back in rotation next week, which means access to the loot vaults, which means easy-to-find gold gear. Play as Loba and you can steal one item per ult, no key necessary. Also works on the ship bridge on Olympus, but there aren’t any more vaults to go search afterwards. Generally just playing as Loba will make your goal easier to accomplish.

Probably going to have some good loot in the new stormpoint robot lockers too

also there's at least one gold tier item on the ground on Elysium if you're on Olympus

don't know if there's any consistent way to find gold equipment on KC, you'll just need to raid care packages and have a lifeline on your team

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

repiv posted:

the install is still only 54GB, it's nowhere near COD huge

the patch just replaced most of the data for some reason

I'd assume a huge amount of it is just the new map data

textures are real big

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
any fun strats coming out of the fact that you can stick the shield with an arc star or Maggie's tac and then drive it into enemies?

I don't think that sort of thing would get gamebreaking but it would be fun as poo poo

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

revenant still has the best lines but some of Rampart's are loving killer too.

I hate playing revenant because when I press f1 he's mean to my friend :smith:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Man Musk posted:

Who the heck is Oscar Mike??

Oscar Mike Deez Nuts!

(they're the NATO phonetic letters o and m, and stand for "on the move", because Bangalore is my least favorite)

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

How dangerous is rampart at close quarters with her mini gun? If I'm holding a peacemaker peacekeeper is it still a bad match up for me in an interior? I got absolutely melted by her twice last night. One of the times I failed to notice or properly consider the "one way" shield she makes, so there's that, but in the other instance she just encountered me around a boulder and killed me very, very quickly.

if you allow a rampart holding sheila to start firing at close range you're going to get melted.

please don't forget that sheila can shoot through doors (actually, as someone who likes to play rampart, please DO forget that)

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Hue, my buddies advice was "when you hear the mini gun, don't let her see you", but then when I asked "what, is it on a timer?", he said no :negative:

Edit: poo poo maybe he meant "if you hear its spun up, break contact and try again", I'd assumed he meant, like, an Overwatch style call-out for the power activating.

I mean, it IS on a cooldown

it's just that once the cooldown is up (same ult timer as valk) she can take it out and put it away until it's either out of ammo or she puts it down on the ground for someone else.

and there's a couple of bullets in there so don't count on them all being gone.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

DrunkPanda posted:

wtf, I played against a full hacker team of 3 in bronze.... They were so stupid that 2 of them somehow managed to get downed even though they were aimbotting. The third also almost died because he decided to run straight through a gibby ult. It's amazing how stupid and bad some players can be.

edit: I was spectating them and they ended up losing the game in 6th place... they died to the zone... one guy died to zone. Wraith went in to get his banner, was too stupid to think about using her ult. Just ran into zone and died, tried to heal up with a med kit but it was too late

The Gaming Merchant on youtube likes to spectate and then post videos of hackers every once in a while and most of them have NO idea how to play apex legends. seeing someone running guns out, downhill in apex legends in the most weirdly distressing thing I've seen.

movement in this game is the fun part you assholes not making the number go up :colbert:

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
anytime I get the prowler early in the match it does some work, but I feel like it just falls off the attachment curve compared to the other guns in its class.

also, like... doesn't lifelines care package ALREADY give you direct upgrades to your stuff? it's all defensive, so if you're running around kitted in red armour it's not going to do anything for you, but otherwise someone on the team gets an armour upgrade (up to yellow) and someone gets a weapon attachment

it could be way better for sure (I like the idea of using it to quickly res a teammate, since that also matches the rest of her kit and her actual theme) but it does specifically try to upgrade you

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
realistically, if you play enough it'll be less than that because you'll have n blue mats to buy some of the stuff, and there's going to be 2-4 free boxes from the rewards track.

that said, unless you are capital W Wealthy, do not spend 160 - n united states dollars on a cartoon spear

(tho if you are capital W Wealthy please hit me up I'd like the cartoon spear)

shut up blegum posted:

Loot boxes are banned where I live. So I won't be spending any actual money, that's why I asked if it's possible to just get it. Guess I should have known the answer lol

how do other cosmetics work for you in apex? if you can buy blue mats you can craft everything in the event to get it

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Truga posted:

started playing this game with a couple friends during the weekend and is matchmaking just hosed up when queuing with a group instead of solo?

we constantly get randomly stomped, seemingly by a single dude with absolutely incredible aim that empties an smg mag into your head killing you from 100/100 to dead in less than a second, sometimes from 100m away, so often the whole squad dies in about as much time as it takes them to reload lol

then i queued solo last night for one final game, and despite bloodhound quitting before we even landed, me as lifeline and a gibraltar got to #2. i got 6 kills, forgot how many the other guy had, probably 2-3, and he only got knocked down once and i didn't at all. if the bloodhound didn't drop we'd have easily murdered the last squad camping in a tower, too, since even 2v3 was a very close fight

are you all new or has one of your friends played a bunch? that can throw poo poo off

also, I've noticed a LOT of high ranked players (the ones with the lightning trail when they drop) in unranked these days, which has been pretty frustrating in duos, and probably worse in trios

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's what Heroes of Newerth is for--oh wait...that's what Heroes of the Storm is --oh wait.

Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't the Titanfalls only have tacticals.

the basically had a tactical and two ultimates, but one of the ults was a titan

then the titans get a tac and an ult

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Peewi posted:

Does anyone know what anime the Mirage, Bloodhound and Bangalore skins are referencing?

The other ones appear to be
Wattson: Naruto
Revenant: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or possibly some other mech show or mechs in general?
Octane: Luffy from One Piece
Seer: Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon
Crypto: Super Saiyan Goku

I haven't looked closely at all of them to be sure, but from what I've seen I'm getting

wattson: sasuke from naruto
crypto: Naruto from naruto
mirage: kakashi from naruto
revenant: a gurren lagann mech - I thought Eva at first but the eyes cinched it for me
octane: you don't need me to tell you that's a luffy
Bangalore (the event skin not her new pilot suit): she-ra AND sailor moon

once I get home I'll need to make sure, but if I'm right on wattson and crypto that's p funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Truga posted:

can't you just land in a prowler nest and murder them until you get 4k? they'll even drop reloads lol

i don't have the 4k badge so maybe this is a bad idea idk

npc damage can evo your shield, but it doesn't add to your match damage score

also prowler nests run out. when they do you get a bunch of crafting mats