Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
As a loba main I'm loving the ability to ninja care packages. I've ended two games with a prowler and peacekeeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Repeater is pretty underwhelming, I'll still way rather go with r99+scout so they share an ammo type (STAB bonus)

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

xtal posted:

Repeater is pretty underwhelming, I'll still way rather go with r99+scout so they share an ammo type (STAB bonus)

Actually, Repeater with golden mag, wingman offhand, is an ideal combo. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, but the golden mag reloads the Repeater from empty to max after 6 seconds, which I think is faster than it takes to normally reload.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Repeater projectile speed is way too low imo

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

Why do I keep getting matched with Lobas that stay wayyyyyy behind us other two and then use their black market

Nah sis I ain't going halfway back towards the ring

The problem is you're leaving them behind

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

kanonvandekempen posted:

When I try to purchase the battle pass I get a server error, has anyone had this issue?

Try waiting a while or deleting system32

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Crypto is useless because of the massive DRONE DETECTED SOMEONE IS BEING SNEAKY alert message. Same with Bloodhound but at least they aren't totally deactivated and vulnerable while doing their scan.

Why isn't the drone controlled like mirage's decoy where you can stay in your perspective but toggle controlling the drone? And of course, get rid of the alert message. Imagine if mirage was like DECOY DETECTED whenever you used his skill.

xtal fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 3, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Lol that rampart is so trash they didn't even test her

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Skyarb posted:

How much damage does the ring of fire actually do?

50 and a 25 DoT

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

man in the eyeball hat posted:

is that the only way to friendly fire in the game?

Pretty sure it is, which is surprising. Maybe it would be overpowered to lock down an area and then have your team run through it though. That would seem to point to a balance issue with the ability to begin with.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Kalko posted:

It's very, very easy to tell when a non-Australian tries to do one of our accents so I was sure Fuse's VA was actually Australian the first time I heard him, even if he was turning it up a bit. I also would be astounded if they didn't let him ad-lib some of those lines as I can't imagine anyone who isn't very familiar with Australian-isms could have come up with some of them (like "That's a prezzie for Fuzie").

I'm pretty sure I heard him say 'How's the serenity?' on a drop once but when I went back and checked his emote wheel I couldn't see that line.

He definitely does say that, I just heard it. It's not an emote, it plays when you drop from the ship as jump master.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Herstory Begins Now posted:

people were just binding 'drop item' to a key and just hitting the key to do it

Bind it to scroll wheel and just dump all of your items on top of them

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BlindSite posted:

I mag dump into a player and hit nothing but air and then have my screen bounce around with lag because I was good enough to win my first three games in the season.

Wait what?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I can tell that spitfire is OP because I can just hold down left click for a while and won't run out of ammo until everything is dead. But it's fun to have more ammo and not reload every 2 seconds, so they should fix the situation by making SMGs and rifles start with 25 rounds. While having the same DPS as LMGs but different projectile and reloading characteristics.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

iuvian posted:

Sound has always been buggy in this game, you're probably noticing it more since people are abusing a very specific playstyle of Horizon tactical dropping onto you which doesn't seem to play the sound and/or bug footstep audio.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ler44f/respaw_we_really_need_some_audio_on_horizons/

It played the sound in that clip?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It reloads after 6 seconds and gives you a notification when it happens

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I could imagine there's some race condition where it fails if you swap out or reload at the wrong time. Is it always r99?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
This current takeover mode is amazing for Loba since you can see nearly every item through walls

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

Worth noting that it's got a ridiculous range too.

Hoping someone makes a clip where they pull off a triple ultimate with Horizon, Fuse and Gibraltar. The damage for running through the fire is no joke

I lost a fight I should have won because I died to my teammates fire ring lol

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I guess because everyone likes Horizon it's time for me to ask this. Does her passive actually do anything?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ErKeL posted:

Then just swap to your 2nd spitfire when your mag goes dry.

I played double gold mag spitfire twice yesterday, lol. It is kind of fun because you don't even need to empty the first mag before you switch to the second one, you just switch any time you would normally reload.

Since I main Loba the way I've been playing is dropping next to an explosive hold, lifting the 2 gold mags with my first ult and basing my kit around that.

In fact there is a spot you can drop in the new zone that has black market access to two explosive holds at once, so if you stand there you can load up your whole team on gold mags.

xtal fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 20, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Live At Five! posted:

After initially only using the Anvil receiver on the flatline, ive had some wins using the 301 with the Anvil and its so drat good. Running spitfire/Anvil 301 loving owns

The anvil receiver on 301 is basically a scout that you can also turn full auto, saving the other weapon slot for a shotgun or other close range weapon

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

Just town takeover The Cage goddamnit it suuucks :mad:

Water Treatment is one of my favourite places :smith:

The cage is my favorite zone :colbert:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The scramble for guns and shields is what makes hot drops so terrible. I fully support default white items.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Midniter posted:

I was messing with the Anvil the other day and it seems like it turns the 301 into a G7 with more controllable recoil and larger mag. Also, the option to switch back to auto, making it basically the perfect gun. Why didn't anyone telll meeeeeeeeeeeee

I said that 3 pages ago :colbert:

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SteelMentor posted:

Put the Charge Rifle in Care Packages.

I'm just sick of seeing it take up Sniper spawns.

Just take it out. And triple take.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
It sucks getting those games in ranked because they're unplayable but you don't get loss forgiveness like if someone quits or DCs

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Overminty posted:

I have multiple mouse profiles that I can switch with a physical button that have different sens settings because you're right it would be annoying to use day to day.

Same, I use 1200 DPI baseline and toggle to 1800 for sniper ADS

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
There's nothing wrong with Longbow

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

I like it just fine but it really is the most demanding gun. They should remove the barrel mod slot because no other snipers have it and it feels unnecessary for a single shot sniper rifle, just get rid of the muzzle rise or drift or whatever barrel mods actually do (I honestly can't tell the difference usually)

It's also a bit difficult to get used to because it has a higher rate of fire than it "feels like" it should. It honestly works best for me at mid range, contrary to its name

Agreed about mid-range since it also has a slow, heavy projectile. It's more like a beefier version of the Scout and Repeater. One unfortunate difference is that Longbow uses sniper ammo which means you need to carry a stack of that, where if you carry Scout and Repeater along with your R99 or Spitfire then you can get away with holding only one kind of ammo. (so there is something wrong with longbow)

xtal fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 9, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Loba's bracelet is anecdotally even more buggy since the patch. I've died a few times to it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I lost a very winnable game last night when it was just my squad and the enemy squad, and a ring flare opened between us and the enemy squad. Unfortunately it trapped us on the side that couldn't get to the next ring, and them on the side that could. We lost because of a coin flip. Between this, the bad writing on Maggie's voice lines (the actress does a fine job, but the lines themselves are mostly bad or really repetitive), the awful audio bugs, and the fact that I'm frequently being put in very competitive lobbies with fresh-faced Switch players as my teammates - yeah. This is rough.

You weren't carrying enough heat shields

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SteelMentor posted:

Yeah, I didn't notice the takeover had changed over to this new one, and evidently neither did our flightmaster that game who landed us directly into the middle of the mega flare.

Not sure how I like this one, but I've only gotten to the final ring once since it started up. Pubbies seem just as eager to embrace a late game flare as they are a late game ring however. Using Heat Shields hasn't seemed to have penetrated the collective consciousness either.

The heat shields are the name of the game right now not only to survive environmental damage but because they speed up healing while you're inside of them, almost like a Gibby shield. So you can drop them in a covered area and quickly heal your whole team up if you find yourself down shots in a fight.

In one of my pubs we've chained heat shields to make it to a replicator outside of the ring to make purple backpacks, that was sweet.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
There's a bind for Equip Survival Item. Once this patch is over and heat shields go away, that slot will be used only for mobile respawn beacons.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

runchild posted:

Heat shields aren’t going away, you just won’t start with them in your inventory anymore. They’ll be normal loot just like the mobile respawn beacons.

Oh nice. Without the flares they seem more like healing recharge stations to me.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah you can already find them on the ground in Ranked

Lmao that they won't change the map for a whole ranked season but they'll introduce meta changing items.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The cage is my favorite zone :(

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I had a super fun game where the last ring was around octanes gauntlet so everyone was bouncing around in confined space

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I find there are two extreme kinds of pugs:

1. Hot drops that die instantly
2. Cold drops that get to late game without meeting anyone and then die instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Carillon posted:

So right now the game just sits at the loading screen with the circle spinning. I can't even go to select servers. Has anyone else dealt with this? I hope there's a fix because this is annoying.

Also experiencing this for the first time now. Gonna guess the servers are down, at least for steam.