Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How are y-
WHOOOSH
-ou guys
WHOOOSH
WHOOOSH
WHOOOSH
liking the new
WHOOOSH
WHOOOSH
patch?
WHOOOSH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was looking forward to the next game mode since the giant ring is kinda bad and ended up losing a game to a endgame flare popping instantly on our revenant totem which might of created some resentment for it.

I still don't understand why they couldn't of just deleted that audiofile for the heat shield, it's way too loud and unnecessary even if it wasn't MAX VOLUME FOR THE ENTIRE SERVER and why a fix for this bug would take a full week.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

These flare modes are the worst thing I think maybe ever added to this game. Respawn have had an impressive run of not really missing the mark on any updates but this is the first one where I'm actively thinking I'd rather play ranked to avoid it

I've been spamming ranked since the anniversary when they realized nobody plays these other modes enough to fill a queue after the first day and started forcing them on everyone.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They need to test multiple drop ships on different sides of the map at the start of the game to more evenly spread out the people who only know how to drop straight down to a named area beneath them.

Then maybe unranked games would see more then 3 squads alive by the time the first ring is closing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
By the way Mirage is being slept on as a Actual Good Character now that his bamboozlements are through the roof, clones having footstep noises fools so many people and makes it so there are very few ways to actually tell which is the fake one and what few ways there are to tell can be used by Mirage to pretend to be a clone walking into a wall.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Songbearer posted:

Love to hit a point in my gameplay where I do a shitload of damage but can't close out any kills and then die

Love that it goes on for like 3 sessions before I start doing well again :smith:

That I think can be fixed by practicing aim a bit, turning those "he is 1 hit" into secured kills that don't shield battery and get right back at your team.

Doing some aim lab practice has helped me reduce those 0 damage hits in close up shotgun fights or improving lasering someone down.

That or working on positioning so that you aren't in the open while reloading "after doing a shitload of damage"

... Or finding teammates that don't have potato aim to watch your back.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 21, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

tote up a bags posted:

EA's chief studio officer confirmed it here.

Good for repsawn.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
L-Star is slightly underrated, everyone thinks it's trash but it's actually viable.

The largest drawback is once you start leaving behind purple barrels and extended mags you start to feel more and more regret as you hold onto a L-Star instead of picking up a Volt or something.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That's good, I thought the whole CHINATOWN branding was a bit... dated, in this day and age.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I leave teammate boxes alone unless I'm going to be running naked to the respawner with a broken shield and no healing, I try to get everyone up asap so they can get up too but nobody is going anywhere if you get caught by the third party unprepared.

You just got to play assuming anyone within ear shot of any gunshot is already slide sprinting at full speed to you and any fight that isn't over quick and cleanly is going to end badly if you linger around boxes blind and deaf, any looting should take <5 seconds per box to just scroll down the box filling up your ammo/heals/attachments, it just gets complicated if half the server died in the same 100m and you are trying to find certain things for a gun swap because of the 30 people that died not one of them was running energy ammo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, make sure everyone is topped off and just don't be that guy who is holding a ton of purple attachments for guns your teammates are using because you are waiting to find your favorite guns.

You should never be holding attachments in your inventory beyond the extreme early game or a single purple mag nobody can use to replace your no mag gun at the next looting spot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm going to be the guy who says he didn't like the giant robots in the giant robot game.

The guns and mobility were amazing when I tried TF|2 but the titans just felt entirely cooldown based, even reloading your big guns felt like a cooldown and almost all matches just turned into 6 titans stomping the team that didn't get their 6 titans first.

Could just be inexperience talking from just a few weeks of playing the multiplayer late into the game's life.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 4, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
People think the defensive classes just sit in a corner and hide for half the game, the real trick with them is to rush into the middle of the giant firefight going on and claim a central building as your own and then use your defensive position to pick off every squad that has to share a single rock or barrel as their only cover.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

repiv posted:

Killing Time sounds like something they might make permanent if the LTM version goes well

Yeah, if it goes well I hope it becomes the new normal mode if they can't find a way to stop everyone from dropping instantly and having the entire server wipe itself out trying to replicate their favorite streamers 20 kill game.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

wa27 posted:

Who complains about them mixing up the unranked modes when ranked is always available?

Primetime posted:

The only viable complaint I could see is that ranked is locked to Olympus, so you are locked out of regular games on the superior kings canyon for the duration of the takeover. Granted that's not the complaint I saw in the replies, those are just "I want to play the standard game but not in ranked" which isn't much of an argument.

To be clear, I actually like the rotating modes a lot

I understand why they do it so people don't sit in 12/60 queues for 10+ minutes, but I think it's a viable complaint that when the take over event sucks balls (which is half of them) (WHHHHHRRRR)(WHHHHHHHRRRR) that you and your friends are then forced to go into ranked and thanks to them not letting you queue with anyone with higher then a 1 rank difference ever since season 3 or 4 it's made it so if anyone in your friends group doesn't play and win EXACTLY the same amount of ranked you are forced to make smurf accounts to actually still play a enjoyable game.

I would of never made a couple smurf accounts if not for the bad take over events and even the season split can mess up queuing for ranked in a buggy way, the game thinks you are still ranked whatever you were before the season split deranking until you play one game, so what happened to me and a group of friends yesterday is we invited a friend who didn't play the new split yet and when we queued into ranked it promptly kicked us all and gave us a 10 minute time penalty for our trouble and THEN wouldn't let us queue up again because of rank differences despite everyone's displayed rank being correct for it.

tldr: remove the 1 rank queue difference for friend groups in ranked.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

man in the eyeball hat posted:

why the gently caress did my teammates just throw themselves off the map after we won two third parties in a row? they literally jumped off the map after we won the fight, both of them. i grabbed both banners because gently caress you for bailing in ranked, i solod to second

You should of been a part of their psychic link to know which piece of loot they had mental dips on that you took.

Your own fault really.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Octane's passive doubling in effect didn't hurt either, it's fairly noticeable to jump up in health while repositioning and to mostly get your health back by the time the next one is ready.

Jump pads going from a joke to a legit top tier movement option was big too while every other option has seen nerfs to cooldown or safety, you can still snipe people on the trajectory even with the extra jump mixup but it's much less predictable and a faster moving target.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

SteelMentor posted:

Please Respawn, if Olympus is getting a revamp then just dump the new POI on top of Estates, or just better yet add a giant death chasm where it stands. I've hotdropped it 5 games in a row tonight and I wanna die it sucks so hard.

I have no idea why people like dropping there, everytime I've dropped there the loot is absolutely garbage and it isn't particularly interesting to fight inside yet it's constantly a rainbow of drop trails from half the server wanting to fight there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Maybe in the reworked map the towers will break and stop spinning.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Got the feeling they are really getting the groundwork for titanfall 3 going, game went from people asking if this was the same titanfall universe to just name dropping titanfall characters left and right.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A stimmed up octane sliding on his jump pad double jumping into the middle of a fight is about 50% as fast as titanfall 2's movement.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pathfinder sounded a little off in the trailer, anyone else notice that?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

My favorite thing about new seasons is the new quips by the legend!

They teased pathfinder saying "Oh boy here I go killing again" a year ago and never released the voice line :argh:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can get it done in no time at all, just play until you get a care package with your team and then if you really want to try-hard just play no-fill and look up a map and go to 3 of the locations solo per map.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

J posted:

Some days almost 50% of the matches played were ranked? I find that interesting. Can't help but wonder how many of those matches were people just trying to escape some of the garbage takeover modes in unranked.

I had a sharp spike in ranked play this season for two reasons.

One because WHOOSH the takeovers WHOOSH were WHOOSH WHOOSH usually unfun or WHOOSH buggy.
Two because it was a little disappointing to have maybe one early game fight and then have 3 squads left as ring 1 is closing in a silent match because every other squad in existence mashed the drop button straight down or half the teams just had players who instantly disconnected from the 1vs3 they ran into to preserve their precious KDA.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Horizon should still have plenty of time to throw the lift and shield battery before she reaches the top, just can't get a complete phoenix kit off while being impervious due to janky hitboxes, remains to be seen how jank the hitbox is after the acceleration strafing nerf.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am going to miss the hammerpoints and I don't see the buffs being anywhere near enough to not drop those weapons the instant you come across anything else in their ammo class.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

xtal posted:

I don't get why they nerfed Black Market when Loba already sucks

Because (hopefully this time) the bracelet is usable and a extra 30 seconds isn't going to make her ult useless since it already starts 50% charged at the start and should be up by the time you move from one PoI to the next.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Because she was buffed in a big way to be able to actually use full movement while waiting on the bracelet and putting it back on, that is massive compared to lazily throwing down a second black market in the same location during downtime, and if they actually finally fixed it bugging out half the times you throw it that opens so many more situations you can reliably use it to escape or assault instead of just using it to get out from behind cover to another piece of cover.

Imagine this scenario, you are being chased as Loba in the open and you throw your bracelet to the left and run right, pre-patch you are a sitting duck and go down in half a second before it activates, post-patch the pursuers need to make the choice to follow the bracelet which you can cancel or follow you still moving at full speed with the risk of being juked by the bracelet.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 29, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Crypto is a top tier legend, but his usefulness is a VAST canyon depending on if you have 2 friends on mic who are playing for the actual win vs 2 TTV randoms who are rushing 200m away to get into a 1vs10 and disconnect when they go down after bitching at you on mic.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
When octane is holding the stimpack and using the bow the arrows just sorta load themselves in.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In what universe is Crypto ever considered the worst character.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Rampart is secretly top tier, but good luck ever getting your hyperactive random squadmates to ever slow down and use the walls instead of running after every gunshot noise until they get 9th partied.

She also hugely benefits from having a Gibraltar teammate for making forward bases once poo poo goes down, or a Caustic teammate to dissuade people from zombie rushing your barriers.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 4, 2021

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While the amped cover can and should be destroyed whenever possible, that is still time they are exposing themselves to waste ammo and reload time on a object you can just keep throwing out or stacking a second wall directly behind it and in extreme late game circles it can get to the point where you might not have the ammo to waste on something that is costing the other team no resources except a short cooldown.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The passive is alright in a meta where spitfire is the most popular gun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Got into one game of arena, after the first round it closed due to internal server error.

This is after it changed me to lifeline.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah Octane's passive stands out as incredible considering you might not have any meaningful health healing and other's have limited skill usage.

Plus jumppad and stim let's you get to those important free shield batteries in the bins.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Valk's tactical seems kinda nutty as a on-demand arc star effect with very little time to react to it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There is a group of 3 rocks and a tree between grow towers and the 2 phase gates that causes me to drop to 5 FPS when inside them, happened to my friend too, anyone else come across this spot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's also kinda a hidden passive, literally nowhere in-game does it mention she and her entire team automatically mark enemies in the air or on the ground while they are flying.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 5, 2021