Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have no idea what the purpose of the devotion is other than holding mods for the havoc or volt I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Simone Magus posted:

Either the event is crashing the servers or EA is getting hacked or something :(

They are hacked and they stole your phone number and SSN. You should complain on twitter to them. Please link.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AppropriateFavoriteFlea-mobile.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Through the veil.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnrulyIncredibleCaterpillar-mobile.mp4

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

JOHN CENA posted:

i keep launching with no partners today what the hell :(

Play with goons. Not solo.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rampart is better this season. Indirectly from Spitfire buff and directly from Minigun range increase to 180 degrees. I enjoy her a lot.

Her amped cover also now slowly gains HP as it builds and a lower cooldown. It's still not AMAZING but it has a better chance of surviving while building in combat.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 17, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Watching your opponent reload awkwardly while you still half more than half a clip of spitfire is :discourse:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Game isn’t dead. Don’t be silly.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

repiv posted:

Just noticed a Caustic wandering around during the pre-game intro on KC, is that new or have I just not been paying attention

Last season, it was Horizon and Pathfinder on the title screen. Horizon the new character. Pathfinder eventually was the star of an event.

This season it's Fuse and Caustic on the title screen.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Double the damage received for low-profile before releasing the Solo-Queue.

Enjoy the monkey's paw, solo wraiths.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They need to test multiple drop ships on different sides of the map at the start of the game to more evenly spread out the people who only know how to drop straight down to a named area beneath them.

Then maybe unranked games would see more then 3 squads alive by the time the first ring is closing.

Seems to me that would FORCE EVERYONE to drop pretty immediately because otherwise other corners of the map will be populated before you can possibly get there.

All dropships hot drop in their own corner of the map because that's just the move rather than dropping on long populated locations. Maybe there aren't 10 teams on the first drop, but you still end up with a lot of people wiping each other out pretty immediately.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Simone Magus posted:

Multiple drop ships wouldn't really solve the issue, yeah.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with 75% of the ship dropping immediately. I pretty much just drop in whatever zone I like that's close to the start of the flight path, just avoiding the terrible places where 10 squads decide to go and make a mess

Drop everyone equidistant from each other and equidistant from the edge and center. Simultaneously. You can reach a lot of places, but you can't all reach popular hot drop locations at the same time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That’s ace, mate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Or you DO buy it from the vending machine because it’s a guaranteed get if you’re near one.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

KingKapalone posted:

We couldn't get my friend on steam in our origin party. Not sure if his accounts were linked though before he gave up and just downloaded the game on origin.

Being invisible or in offline mode on steam may gently caress it up as well.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Strangest Finch posted:

Aight, I'm sure most of you are much better at this game than I am. So. What the hell is the value of the G7 Scout? I'm prepared to admit I'm just awful with it, but drat does it seem like an awful gun.

It fires faster and can be ADS'd faster than a sniper. It's not ideal, but it's pretty viable at close range as well in a pinch. You can hipfire spam it if an enemy is suddenly too close.

In general, you just peck at everything. You aren't punished as badly for missing as you would be with a sniper. See someone poking around a corner a little distant away? Fire a good 2-3 shots at them.

It covers a lot of ranges. Longer range of medium is ideal. Everything else is reasonably possible though.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 28, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ranger scope is good too and gives you more visibility.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Total

After you connect your EA account, just bring the stream quality down to minimum and leave it on muted in another tab.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

star eater posted:

Generally in my group we give priority to those who killed the box-owner. But it isn't off limits, just I'll hesitate to pull the level 3 light mag from the box if I didn't kill the guy. ESPECIALLY If it was like a 3v1 situation where I had to get revived.

:psyduck:

You really shouldn't waste time standing in line at boxes here. It's a team game. My teammate getting an upgrade is just as good for me as me getting an upgrade.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
OH, I must have misread. I thought he meant looting in general.

Yeah, leave my box alone, rear end in a top hat.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Yeah dropping is a weird one. Messing up a hotdrop pretty much dooms your entire team to death but there is no real indication or instruction on how to do it properly.

Be the first group to arrive somewhere. Work with your team. Is that the instruction you need, or specifically how to drop?

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 11, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Chard posted:

servers are absolutely hosed, unplayable

I do not experience this.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

repiv posted:

Looks like they're breaking with convention, Worlds Edge is due for an overhaul but they're teasing an Olympus overhaul instead for Season 9

World's Edge can't be salvaged? Color me shocked.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Why do they think this is Olympus anyway?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Leaked image from S0/S1

Rosie became Loba. Nomad obviously became Revenant.

Here's the post-Rampart leak that got Horizon and Fuse.

You can find some leaks on this subreddit. But don't believe everything you read, obviously.

Not worried about spoilers. This isn't a story-driven game.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 15, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

runchild posted:

Those waterfalls are definitely the ones near the Hammond building in the middle of Olympus.

None of the surroundings match that area of Olympus whatsoever. Not even a hint of lining up.

I could imagine this being a rework of the backside of the Oasis portion of the map though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SKULL.GIF posted:

It seems fairly clear the new hero is meant to be Japanese (in the same way Horizon is meant to be Scottish) given the manga and candy from the previous image and the cherry blossoms, noodles & chopsticks, and paper walls.

Oh, so Valk then?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Stop playing solo and start playing with goons.

There are console players in the Discord too if that’s the concern.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Good for you, Champ.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pedestrian Xing posted:

A lot of PC goons would probs play with console players. I have, it was fine.

and it's really up in the air who has the advantage when it's console players vs PC players. Apparently consoles do a bit of auto tracking?

I regularly play with console players who just want goons to play with. It's all good. Discord link is in the OP.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CoolCab posted:

pretty significant auto-aim and honestly legit pretty close to perfect (at my skill level/observation) in balance with mouse/keyboard, it's very well implemented to be good without being OP. there are some weird quirks - any scope over 3x loses auto tracking when ADS (iirc?) so you can't really snipe as easily for example, but it's totally totally competitive with kb/m.

At least on PC, I know ADS sensitivity can be changed independently from regular aim sensitivity, and it'll even let you change this on a per weapon basis if you really wanted. I'd check the settings.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Spitfire shenanigans yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_s-kIFrDjw

Welcome to the doorway, fellow Horizon. :blastu:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

This is probably an Arena rather than a complete Olympus rework.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:stare:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:psyduck:

Just play Apex with whoever and wherever. It's fine.

As long as you don't limit yourself to nobody and then complain about pubbies in solo queue.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lol

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's mesmerizing to watch. Looks goddamned miserable. All the buttons you have to press would cause your fingers to block your vision all the time.

Wouldn't people just figure out how to hook their phone control scheme up to a computer and get one hell of an advantage? I know it wouldn't play like PC apex or anything, but controlling all those buttons from a keyboard would change everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cretin90 posted:

This looks absolutely godawful to play on, but maybe it’s easier than it looks.

Poster of that video seems to think it's going to be great. REALLY doubt it.

:nallears: