Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I can't help but giggle a bit whenever Maggie goes "R.I.P. mmmmmate". I also thoroughly enjoy the "What are you waiting for, he's right there. Take his arm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

Titanfall fans might be getting their wish kinda if the new rumors are true

Respawn said they were cooking up something for April Fool's Day. Guess what day is right around the corner.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I've been playing a lot of Loba lately and drat she's real good. Bracelet shittiness aside, being able to keep the team stocked up on poo poo is a big help, and I'm surprised I don't see her more often.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Auto-eject at the top would immediately fix Horizon's tac, and if they're unwilling to do that make it so it spits you out if you take even a single step in any direction. If you want to stay atop your pillar you better stand perfectly still.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

denereal visease posted:

time to stop being a Wattson main I guess.

never not play wattson imo

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Very sad that Prowler is still not back, and also sad to be losing the Triple Take but my baby the Peacekeeper is back and all is right with the world again. Very interested in seeing how they do legend balance for the existing low profile crew.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally another reason to main Wattson. Now give us her heirloom you loving cowards. It better be a fencing sword.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

6 round mozzy with built in hammerpoint :getin:

:pray:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

MarshyMcFly posted:

On an unrelated note, when are they going to add more class abilities? Recon is the only class that gets a bonus, the rest of the class types are meaningless.

Let Loba + anyone else in the Support category open the extra compartment in blue bins.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Valkyrie owns and I think I'm going to play her forever.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pathfinder doggo skin is possibly the best thing in the entire game right now

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I'm glad they updated it for the colorblind people but it really sucks not being able to use it. It's so much easier to see people when ADSing using the yellow dot instead of the red.

As an actual colorblind person, I'm extremely happy that the modes exist (I use the deuteranopia one myself) - but proper UI color customization would be perfect.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Valkyrie is a lot of fun and it's really difficult to resist the temptation to do stupid poo poo with the jetpack

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

Something that slipped under the radar in the new event trailer - they show an ironsight prowler in arena, which suggests it's going back to ground/shop loot

You can't remove optics in arena so a care package prowler would always had a digi threat on it

loving finally

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Put the bow or the devotion in the care package. Turbocharger crafting days are a nightmare.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't like Arenas? I love mini events but Arenas are just meh for me.

Nope. Arenas just don't do it for me, at all.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tried to get some arena challenges done. 2v3 and 1v3 so far. Why is it that the enemy always gets the full squad? I don't think I've ever been on the full side of that equation.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Chard posted:

free the triple take

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

After ten games, still no raven. I either get jumped by three or four squads, or get killed by the ring while running from a trio. Even kept my weapons hidden so no one would think I was hunting them. Nope. This mode needs a serious work over.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

runchild posted:

EDIT: Interesting note about the new cosmetics, they’re being added to the standard loot pool. That means you can get them in regular packs and, more importantly, craft them. But the note that “after two seasons, crafting metal costs of Monsters Within items may be reduced” makes me worried the base crafting price is going to be higher than normal.

This is such a weird thing to do side by side with bundles that lock you out if you own random other cosmetics, e.g. the current Crypto bundle that you can't buy if you own a base-game blue banner skin.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

runchild posted:

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1446513748760567825

The Prime Gaming reward is a whole bundle this month, neat. And it looks rad.

That's a nice skin. Now fix her ult, Respawn! :argh:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If Ash does turn out to be the next legend I hope she and Horizon have some Loba/Rev tier party banter.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Looking forward to playing Team Edgelord with Ash/Rev/Caustic

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

runchild posted:

I assume it will operate differently based on which ammo type you’re using.

This sort of thing tends to have people rapidly figure out which configuration is the best and then never use the alternate one. Hopefully that's not the case here and both ammo type configurations are useful for something.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Chemmy posted:

gently caress Ash and the CAR. That video shows the Triple Take as ground loot.

God is good.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

i hope one of the new season features is the removal of arenas

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

who's going to be the new arena announcer if ash is busy stabbing people

Aren't those pre-recorded and she doesn't actually personally announce the arena stuff?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

You can’t walk around on foot?

Besides, knowing a team is there doesn’t help when they pounce as soon as the fight ends before you can heal and recover.

PUBG maps are enormous and cars are the only way of getting to a place in a reasonable amount of time. If you try to hoof it somewhere you'll get picked off by snipers before you can make any meaningful progress.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Questions:
I love playing as Loba but I don't really understand how the store works in terms of what you can take at any one time or what the currency essentially is. I just open up the store and hope for the best.

You can take unlimited ammo. Anything else you are limited to two pulls - you get a full stack of whatever you pull but you only get two goes at it. There's no currency to be had, you just get to see what's in the surrounding area and get to take two things.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

huh i never thought to try that

does it explode the black market like vaults do?

Yep.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Crypto can grab banners with his drone. I believe this is the only way to grab a banner that does not involve directly interacting with the box yourself.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Yup, and if you've only killed people in one area you know exactly where they are. Happened with me and my buddies last night. We killed a few teams on drop, looted, and left. We got the scan notification when we were about 200m away so we just went back and killed the team that was going over our scraps.

e: And if you've been scanned you're probably already assuming that they'll be coming after you. If you're the scanner you might not even think about the team turning around and coming back or setting up in an advantageous position between where you are and where they were when you scanned them.

Huh. This would've been useful info since I've been scanning every box I've come across. I've never been on the receiving end of it so I never even thought about it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

You can get a similar situation if you don't clear out wildlife camps (and the crafting mats are so underwhelming that if you want to keep moving then yeah just go) -- if another team clears out a camp you partially worked on then now you instantly know where they are since you'll get the camp notification and partial credit for materials.

I've seen an awful lot of "Prowler Camp Cleared! Have some materials!" messages pop up when I have been nowhere near said camp or even done any damage to a prowler. What's even weirder is sometimes only one or two of us out of a squad gets it. Nobody I've talked to has been able to work out a pattern for this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Move Fragment to the dumpster

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

repiv posted:

there should be a legend who's just some dude in a nessie mascot costume

no this should actually be a skin for wattson

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

let's remove the worst part of the map so people don't drop there

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

The only skin that is absolutely necessary is Clown Mirage, because sometimes you're just feeling that mood as you comically outline your enemies with a whole mag and then jump into a lava crevasse while trying to escape a squad.

sad honking

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fuse also has great voice lines and one of the best default execute animations.

Excuse you, Gibby has the best default execute animation because he has the butt slam. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Songbearer posted:

THE ONE TO WOTCH OUHT FAH

BRING ME HIS AHM