Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Neon Belly posted:

Wasn’t that part of a trademark dispute though?

Skeleton King becoming Wraith King happened well over a year after the trademark dispute with Blizzard had ended. I've mostly seen it attributed to China not being okay with skeletons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

repiv posted:

having arrows pick up automatically sounds like it could lead to annoying inventory clutter, trying to grab something and being blocked because your last slot is a stack of 1 arrow

unless they thought of that and it's only automatic when you're carrying a bow

If the auto-pickup isn't limited to when carrying a bow and/or arrows, surely complains will force the change fairly quickly.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

lol @5:22 where he gets a "return to the battle" countdown and acts surprised when it kills him.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

The Diddler posted:

Bloodhound gets 1 scan. There's probably some explanation somewhere about how that part of arena works, but I couldn't find it in the 15 seconds you have to shop and look at stuff.

Everyone gets 1 use of their ability per round, but you can buy more (up to 3). If you don't use your ability and end a round with 2 or 3 uses left, it carries over to the next round.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Best way to finish "play two games as X" challenges.

Could at least uncheck "fill squad" first.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

mcbexx posted:

So the grandparents of Wattson, Gibraltar and Horizon were the creators of Pathfinder. Do we know anyone by the names Delgado and Fletcher?

Newton is Horizon's son. Remember, she's from 100 years ago.

Though seeing this makes me realize how much of the lore stuff I haven't paid attention to. I didn't even know Gibraltar's actual last name was Gibraltar.

Peewi fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 22, 2021

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I saw "with a surprising source of firepower" on that page and my first thought was a gun that fires arrows.

Wouldn't make much sense for an LMG, but I wouldn't object to a crossbow.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

There's not anything you can do about randomly getting high packet loss in a match, is there?

It's only been happening in the last few days and when it happens it's always for the full duration of the match.

Several times now I've had matches with 0 packet loss and then the next one is unplayable, with both matches being on the same server region.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

quote:

Added the ability to see your teammate survival item while the inventory is open.

I'm surprised that took so long. There's been spots in the UI for that since before survival items were even added.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I noticed a minor thing that seems odd to me:

The daily crafting rotation appears to work by selecting a gun and then two attachments that can be equipped to that gun. Today's crafting rotation is energy mag and digital threat. The only gun that takes both of those is the Volt, which means the crafting rotation is for a gun that isn't currently ground loot.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Respawn claim to have fixed Loba and the crafter bug.
https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1547268423192756225

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Relyssa posted:

I'll believe that when I see it. Had a game on world's edge the other day where the bracelet wouldn't work for entire named regions of the map. It was ridiculous.

Anecdotally, I played 2 or 3 games as Loba on World's Edge after this update and didn't get any bracelet failures.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Does anyone know what anime the Mirage, Bloodhound and Bangalore skins are referencing?

The other ones appear to be
Wattson: Naruto
Revenant: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Or possibly some other mech show or mechs in general?
Octane: Luffy from One Piece
Seer: Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon
Crypto: Super Saiyan Goku

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

egg tats posted:

crypto: Naruto from naruto

While Naruto is also a blonde character with orange and blue clothes, the skin is 100% super saiyan Goku. He's got a golden aura, a small circular symbol on the front of his cloths and a large symbol on his back. And he's not wearing a headband.

On a second look, I do see that Mirage is Deku from MHA. He's got the green hair, mask and hood with bunny ears.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

kater posted:

If you craft all the rares do the packs only have epics and legos or does it not work like that?

I believe that is how event packs work, yes.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Plank Walker posted:

I just want them to make it so everyone in your party hears the same voice lines and I don't get why that's so hard

Same. Team Fortress 2 had that over a decade ago.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

kater posted:

I know it’s a garbage meme but also my dpi/mouse sensitivity by default was an order of magnitude higher than what I’m using now and I couldn’t do poo poo till I started shaving it down.

Is it garbage if it's true?

The default sensitivity in every FPS is way too high.

Why is it even possible to set the DPI on my mouse to 16000? It's impossible to control. 800 is fine!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

What the gently caress are the rules for whether or not you have to reload a weapon if you pick it up with a magazine ready to go for it?

I thought the rule was that if you had a magazine already in inventory, the gun would come already fully loaded. This season I've been noticing that I have to reload after picking up a gun to get it to full capacity instead of base capacity.

No I'm not picking up guns from deathboxes, I'm talking about fresh guns from the floor/chests.

The ammo to fill the extended mag is pulled from your inventory, so you need to actually have some when picking up the gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Tokubetsu posted:

I haven't played stuff like valorant or cs in a long rear end time but aren't most buy rounds 30 seconds ish?

I also haven't played CS in a long time (and Valorant never), but as far as I remember CS has 5 seconds of dedicated buy time before each round. You can also buy for a while at the beginning of the round (might be 30 seconds), but if you need that time to buy it means you're just standing in your spawn while everyone else is moving out.