Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Futaba Anzu posted:

she never actually got her jump jets before she jumped though :confused:

[fall]Bangalore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

the new event owns lol. every fight lasts super long as people keep respawning, and every fight invites third, fourth and fifth parties

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

When exactly is the season supposed to hit?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Keito posted:

They made the city worse to get people to not die there in the first two minutes of a match, and the community responded by killing themselves even faster. The players suck tbh.

their esports players also refuse to play on any map besides world's edge, so the suckage goes all the way to the top. of course, they want to play on world's edge for literally the opposite reasons, since its a map that's big and has lots of spots to land so you don't have to fight on drop.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Evil Kit posted:

isn't Storm Point even better for that now? I'd go so far as to guess they made it the biggest map on purpose just for comp players to not have complaints about drop spots.

there are still complaints about it, but at least a few pros have spoken about how they should play on storm point as well. probably the smartest of them have figured out that if there's no change to comp maps, it'll eventually kill off the comp scene. no major tournies on storm point yet tho. and they really hate olympus (too many spots with little to no cover, too few good drop spots, too many choke points are the usual complaints)

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

repiv posted:

Wonder if the pros are on board with this or Respawn is just forcing some variety since viewers are sick of Worlds Edge

https://twitter.com/PlayApexEsports/status/1490815866660814853

at least some of the pros are excited about it, based on checking out the stream of one of the top players who is very hyped about it. i would guess that there are still going to be some teams that are going to complain about it, but I don't think Respawn is going to budge this time - they rolled out some big upgrades to their esports streams last playoffs (ability to look at the viewpoint and comms of literally any team), and right about now is absolutely the time to put in other improvements as well.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

man i missed skulltown

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Rodney The Yam II posted:

Is Mirage implicated? I can't recall

i mean mirage tends to help other legends do whatever, so he appears in stories from time to time. i think he's doing a lot of stuff with wraith especially?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

tildes posted:

Paladins

Paladins is one of those games that feels like it should be worse than it is, but it is a perfectly acceptable shooter. It is the shooter equivalent of a well made burger. every few months i install it and play it when i don't have other games going on at the moment.

just don't try to play ranked, paladins playerbase can be really awful in every imaginable meaning of the word

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Fuse is hot and still the most fun character, imo

Like there are definitely better characters (Valk, Horizon, I also really like Vantage) but nothing beats just unloading an inventory full of grenades on people.

absolutely nothing feels better than unloading like 10 grenades to third party on some poor squads fighting in a building

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What is it about World's Edge that makes every single pubbie want to dive straight onto battle central in the skyscrapers? I swear most of the time I've played on that map is just a 5 minute bloodbath.

the siren call of the ghosts of millions of dead player characters in Fragment calls weak pubbie minds to join their chorus

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

to be serious for a moment, the few times you manage to actually win the fragment fight feel so good that it is understandable to chase that euphoria even if it happens only once or twice per a hundred games.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

sentinel does a lot of damage, but its fire rate is a lot worse than longbow's and it isn't as accurate as the charge rifle. it is still the second best sniper to make someone incredibly mad by hitting a charged headshot from a mile away in a third party situation (the first one is of course the kraber)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

Tokubetsu posted:

I actually think longbow is in a bad place rn. It’s better than nothing but even with the slow RoF I think the sentinel edges out ahead of it rn. I’d take a g7 scout over a longbow rn.

that's fair. longbow could use with a small buff, scout and 30-30 kind of fit into a similar slot like longbow while being more economical