Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

ladies and gentlemen... I present to u, lifeline bepop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1YAgAH-y9A

That was pretty enjoyable to watch, thanks for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I like that Fury 2 is being extended, I feel like this iteration was a lot more interesting to play around than the first Fury was.

agreed, I love having to play around the big circle it makes things "interesting".

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

cousin.avi posted:

https://apexlegendsstatus.com/ Got into one game after work, hot dropped, died, and now loading circle of death and based on the status page, looks like they're having some legit issues. Gotta say though, I just started playing about 2 weeks ago after telling myself I would never play a battle royale and I've been having fun. It's felt a bit like when I was playing Destiny 2 casually, I actually feel like I'm getting a little better over time as I play. Cause gently caress, I was hot garbage at Destiny PVP till I just marathoned an Iron Banner one weekend (to be fair, probably still am).

Next step will be to join the discord and maybe not play with randos my whole existence.

Randos make for a very variable experience, cant recommend.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I have zero experience with this genre and am pretty bad at FPS games in general. After about five real matches on Xbox I'm having lots of fun.

At first it's pretty overwhelming. Simply looking at loot and trying to figure out what the heck everything means is a little weird, even with the color coding. I'm constantly worried about the circle, even when it's not set to close anytime soon. I keep forgetting to use healing items.

By sticking close to my squad and pointing out enemies, though, things are slowly starting to make more sense. In my last round I somehow killed 3 people (one with wild punches when my ammo ran out) and revived both teammates. That's probably an average or bad game for most people but it felt rad.

thats a good game, you played an important part for your team and hopefully felt like a badass.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

dogstile posted:

Easy anti cheat used to ding me for having lights on my pc, so maybe it's that?

my understanding is that they were aware of some issue with their cheat detection.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Octane is the new Wraith in the sense that 95% of his players are complete maniacs who take any fight regardless of the circumstances and die instantly and the other 5% are cracked out killers who whip through the server like the Tasmanian Devil.

checks out, even fits the characters personality!

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Azran posted:

Got to level 110 with a single day left. I'm never again buying a pass that late into the season ever again.

Re: the patch notes, I was sorta expecting them to get rid of sniper stocks and instead just having every weapon use the same stock. No, I'm not bitter about only ever finding sniper stocks.

in cruel irony the marksman category will also have a new stock type... (jk).

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

repiv posted:

yeah people have no idea what to do when you rush them with smoke and a digi threat

conversely some of my favorite kills are when I have a digi threat and a bangalore thinks I can't see. I wiped a squad with that and a gold longbow.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

partied with an octane named LegalizeCocaine

I hope that's his only character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ah yes, this is what I want my random teammates to spend their time doing.

Going on a personalized story mission with their animal friends.

this but unironically. have you played with pubbies?