Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gunder posted:

Doesn't seem to be on Steam

It is, you'll have to restart the Steam app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

First match of the season and I get 3 finishers on 3 Fuse players :c00l:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Skyarb posted:

How much damage does the ring of fire actually do?

Eyeballing it in firing range looks like about 35 initial damage from crossing the fire then another 40 from being on fire for a total of 75 damage.

The per-tick damage for standing in the fire escalates like Caustic's gas.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What does 102,816 mean?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's not even like loot is scarce in Apex.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like how big King's Canyon is, and because of its large size it actually makes the first 1-2 rings pretty relevant. On Olympus you can easily ignore the first ring with zero impact on gameplay flow.

That hillside base next to Containment though is the biggest goddamn trap in the entire game. Every time I've gone there I've ended up wiped. It SEEMS defensible but you're super vulnerable from both below and above, and I suspect there's something going on with the acoustics there because I've never not seen a third+ squad show up after some fighting there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Really? I feel like I'm always having to haul rear end to get to the next ring on KC, whereas in Olympus I basically never thought about the ring ever.

I think part of it is Olympus is really flat whereas in KC you always have to weave around various mountains.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That's not quite SBMM, that's EOMM.

Gunder posted:

I strongly dislike this new trend of creating long sight lines everywhere. Olympus was bad enough for sniper-heavy fighting, but now they've added a whole load of long sight lines to KC, a map that always felt more close quarters combat oriented.

That middle area of the map that has Containment and the hillside fort is a loving death trap.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't wait for all the R99 folks to whine hard enough about "Spitfire Meta" to get the gun reverted and the R99 remains untouched.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The most reliable use I've found for the knucklecluster is to shoot them at knocked enemies, especially if you think they might get picked up by a teammate.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

blastron posted:

Is Apex super popular in Japan? I'm seeing a lot of Japanese fan content, which is surprising because I thought shooters weren't very popular there.

It's much more arcadey than most shooters and on top of that it heavily rewards individual performance compared to something like Overwatch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bhodi posted:

if it hurts sensitive people's feelywheelies to say something like "retreating" or "falling back" we can just it repositioning or regrouping and the voice line can be "Regrouping here"

The word I use in pubs is "relocate" and that seems to get the message across pretty well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nothing has really changed except the game's meta. People realized stalling out until the final ring gave you a greater chance of actually winning, and, as it turns out, Caustic and other area-denial legends are very good in the final ring. So now all the ultratwitch 720* spin flick Krabers are crying about Caustic because they hide in a corner all game long and then get gassed to death because they waited for forever.

I have a whole lot more respect for Japan's meta.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

xtal posted:

Does her passive actually do anything?

How many times have you self-stunned yourself by dropping down from a high level?

Horizon passive removes that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah IMO if I was in charge the best path forward is a middle ground between the base game and the LTM. Drop with a Mozambique, 1x HCOG, Level 1 Evo Shield, 2 syringes and shield cells. Everything else you find.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Songbearer posted:

No

The Mastiff has taken over as Fun Remover Gun as of lately to the point where I almost, but not quite, miss the Peacekeeper/Skullwing meta

At least I would get consistently two shotted by different guns then

I think the point of SteelMentor's post was that it would go alongside a nerf to base Mastiff and the hop-ups would bring it back to what it is currently, given the context of him talking about how shotguns are good right off the ground with few upgrades needed compared to the Longbow which needs five attachments before it starts looking like an attractive choice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I do not miss the LTE, it was really screwy to be nearly fully-geared 1-2 minutes after drop and to see half the squads destroyed before the first ring even begins shrinking.

At least now if I take down another squad I can look forward to upgrading off them instead of just having them chew through my supplies and giving away my location.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of the Moz, even after a month of the LTE I could never get the hang of hitting targets with it. It really feels like it has a bullet velocity significantly slower than the EVA-8/Mastiff. I figured you're supposed to aim center mass with it so the bottom two slugs would hit the torso with an okay chance of the top slug hitting their head, but trying to lead targets to compensate for dodge/crouch spam just always felt like I was slightly too slow to actually hit them.

I didn't have this issue with the P2020 or EVA-8, so it's apparently something that's unique to the Mozambique, not to the pistol or shotgun class.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You get a bullet! And you get a bullet! Everyone gets a bullet!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It sounds almost like they're moving Mirage's boat to Olympus.

I really like the Survival slot, I'll be carrying mobile respawn beacons now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

tweet my meat posted:

God they loving gutted caustic in this patch.

Gotta appease the pro players who are too terrified to actually push other teams until the final ring.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kaffo posted:

* Gibby losing his 15% heals under his shield is a shame, I feel like they could have nerfed him in a different way that was less detrimental to team play

It got essentially moved to the Heat Shield, so now everyone can access it (as long as they're near the ring).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

dogstile posted:

I don't think you'll notice. Had a game last night where 17 squads died before the first ring started closing.

I almost want them to add another 10 squads to the match just because this keeps happening, or shorten the timer for the 1st ring, or something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

dogstile posted:

Here's 17 wins in gradually lengthening clips: https://youtu.be/SpcqHLZFSuU

I'm running out of gimmicks

What gets me about this is that one Orbital Cannon almost-final ring. I don't think I've ever seen a match actually end there.

e: You like the Longbow eh? How do you like how Fuse turned out?

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 9, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think someone posted it the other day but the problem with the Longbow is they never updated the bullet velocity/drop when they changed its ammo type from heavy to sniper.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

#3 needs to be permanent.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I thought ring flare would make the first ring more interesting, turns out it just mostly makes the final few rings VERY stressful (and interesting!). Most teams aren't actively using Heat Shields yet, though -- I think it not having a default keybind was a pretty big mistake.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cowslips Warren posted:

Ooooh poo poo is solo queue up?

Yes and it's pretty boring. You can't really take any risks at all because being knocked is an instant loss. If you play Octane or something you can spend most of the match running around while watching teams fight each other, then try for the big turnaround in the final ring.

I'll pretty much only use it to finish off quests that involve collecting stuff.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

There's a bug right now where you can take attachments off gold guns (and the gold gun will still retain their attachments).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:stare: The new ring flare sure is something.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Honestly I like the megaflare mode much more than the miniflares (which were largely ignorable). This made for a really interesting way to approach the 5th ring:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Given that there are multiple voiced lines for ring flares I really doubt they're going away. In particular, that this event is cycling through several different types of ring flares, really feels like they're live-testing what type of ringflare is best received by the player population.

So far Megaflare > Miniflare, but I don't know what else they have in store.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I like that Fury 2 is being extended, I feel like this iteration was a lot more interesting to play around than the first Fury was.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just had a final ring in Caustic Treatment with all 3 squads actively using heat shields to duck in, out, and through various doorways and the flare. A heck of a lot more engaging than most final rings usually are.

We won in large part thanks to the Caustic on our team (even in the heavily nerfed state, the gas damage does add up).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CoolCab posted:

why doesn't it tell you what the ring is doing today lmao

hover on [TAKEOVER ACTIVE] above the matchmaking button huh, it only tells you what level it is

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Level 3 isn't the same as Level 1, I think there's always a center flare (not as big as Megaflare) on the safe zone. The random flares that spawn throughout are the same as Level 1's.

Only a couple matches into this but I think I prefer this to the previous two.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's like a week into the event and I still only have 600 damage blocked on that one badge. 4400 to go 🙄

Does it block more damage on later rings, or is it a fixed amount of damage blocked per heat shield, it just ticks down faster? Does it multiply the damage blocked if your entire squad is inside the shield, vs just 1 player?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Just have two drop ships flying directly at each other from opposite sides of the map. When they collide anyone still remaining on the ships are dropped straight down.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I used to get a lot of anxiety fighting 1v1-3 but a few months ago I just hot dropped at Estates until I worked out of my system. Now I can take on multiple players with regularity after both my teammates get dropped :v:

It also made me much better at oneclipping enemies which is really valuable in these situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:lol: I can't believe I actually managed to pull that off. Was farming heat shield badge as solo-drop Octane and just watching where squads dropped on hot spots, then hanging out near the mess until Rings 3/4 for better damage per tick. Ran out of heat shields finally as Ring 5 was about to start, so I hopped a car and drove deep through the Ring to the last round hoping I'd be able to loot some more deathboxes for shields.

Ended up somehow getting the high ground against the final squad, beamed two of them down as they ziplined towards me, then with the ring closing in on us I drop my final heat shield, then throw the Jump Pad at Pathfinder as he runs into my shield for safety. It launched him into the ring, and 1 tick later I'd won the game.

I really wish I had shadowplay or something to capture that final 30 seconds of winning a match I didn't even play in, best I could do was unsuccessfully attempting to screenshot the Pathfinder sailing into the ring.