Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Queer Salutations posted:

Titanfall 2 has the best single player FPS campaignof the last decade.

FTFY, but yeah the story was drat cool.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm going to be the guy who says he didn't like the giant robots in the giant robot game.

The guns and mobility were amazing when I tried TF|2 but the titans just felt entirely cooldown based, even reloading your big guns felt like a cooldown and almost all matches just turned into 6 titans stomping the team that didn't get their 6 titans first.

Could just be inexperience talking from just a few weeks of playing the multiplayer late into the game's life.

It just has a very high skill ceiling. Thing is, it almost only pros left because people get stomped without any chance of learning the game. It feels like not doing much when there are cooldowns of abilities but as a matter of fact it's all about synergy and picking a right titan for situation. A good titan pilot can take whole enemy team with him and then some. I will forever cherish the two times I literally kicked over a dumpster fire of a certain loss with my scorch, killing whole enemy titan group alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think Titans are good as they change the way you interact with the map: from a run and gun shooter to a methodical shooter. It's cool game design. They don't belong in Apex though.

Laughs in Northstar/Ronin.

No, seriously, the amount of wrong opinions about tf2 is staggering. If you guys tried to play tf2 as a generic shooter without all the acrobatics and pilot movement, you would have the same opinion about the pilot gameplay.
Thing is, you never learned how to pilot a titan outside of 'press W' and have a strong opinion.
vOv

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

PSA
so for once :reddit: was useful and people over there organised a large gathering on may 1st to play tf2, to show Respawn that tf2 players care and want tf3 and we're not just making GBS threads on apex.
So, if anyone wants to enjoy some hawt tf2 action, hop on in may 1st. Will be fun.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

gently caress YEA!
Protocol 2!

SteelMentor posted:

Dehumanise yourself and just play Apex.

That's the problem. After TF2 everything feels physically painfully slow. Even apex. And I'm day1 apex player.
Frequenting this sub for good reads and occasional dogstile vids.

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 30, 2021

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Just crash mirage's ship into fragment once and for all

tia respawn

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

nemesis main selling point is being able to hold down LMC instead of tapping it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

titanfall 2 was good movement tech
apex is glitch tech

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Number go up mentality ain't no just corpo bullshit. It's everywhere and is just outright inhuman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I can unlock another legend. The ones I haven't unlocked yet are Catalyst, Conduit, Ash and Ballistic.

Recommendations?

im in same boat although I have ash.
The post above is true, ash is great for strategic playing, tactical is subpar, ult is lacking. I wish she had a bit better kit via shorter cooldowns and probably tighter tact/more controllable ult

so from this position I was gravitating towards Ballistic actually - sling that makes any weapon full gold in ult is tempting early/mid game
but still undecided