Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Thanks for a new thread... been playing since just after launch but sat out for Season 7 due to burnout.

Started playing again and the game is still super fun, I love the 3-pack squad-based gameplay. Duos and singles can gently caress off.

I'm just shittier at it and I never learned the "new" map (the floating one)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Been on the bench for the last 4 months, but I have otherwise played the poo poo out of this game since Launch.

How much has the meta shifted during Season 6 and 7?

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

denereal visease posted:

How much has the meta shifted during Season 6 and 7?

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I miss the Prowler, I can tell you that.
Is it care package only now?

AnEdgelord posted:

Spitfire is good now
Did it get a buff to recoil or ???

Regrettable posted:

Horizon has a higher win rate than Wraith. Octane is also op, which I thought I would never say. Volt is a better SMG than the R-99. Snipers are actually good now. Quite a lot has changed.
I've only played a few hours this weekend but I'm not really seeing anyone use snipers after the second round on Olympus. Volt basically replaced the R-99 before I took time off. Good to know that Horizon is the new wraith; time to stop being a Wattson main I guess.

Chard posted:

armored core lookin rear end legend

better have a moonlight bladedash
thanks for this reference; wish we could get an armored core game on PC

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

The Northstar was my favorite loadout in TF|2, interested to see how well a legend styled after poptarting will work in Apex 🤔

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

The scars of MechWarrior Online jump-sniping with PPCs may fade, but they'll never heal

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

Plan Z posted:

Any Goon Discords I try to find are usually dead. I love this game, but I hate playing this game.

Rodney The Yam II posted:

The current goon discord in the op is very much alive.
Can confirm the "new" goon discord is very active; I was out for all of season 7 and 8 but the new community is quite active: https://discord.gg/PmnUcSJt

dogstile posted:

The best way to do it is to post "hey, i'm looking for people" and go sit in a discord room.
+1 to this, really all you need to do is join a voice channel and people will group with you.

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

Is there a reliable way to set a frame cap? Apparently the fps_max command line isn't working anymore.

Servers held up long enough to play a handful of games last night: The bow is wild as gently caress, not as broken as the charge rifle was on-launch but it's definitely going to eat a nerf. In the meantime, I'm always grabbing the bow if I get a chance :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

Has anybody run across a battlepass pace chart for Season 9 yet?

I know they used to get posted itt, but I was sidelined for seasons 7 and 8 so not sure if that fell off...