Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've been playing this game on Steam recently, and want to pick up the Champion pack to unlock a grip of em. It's on sale on Amazon right now, but that's for Origin, and I'm having trouble finding out: can I buy this, download the Origin version of the game, redeem the code, and just mosey back on over to the Steam version with 100% of the purchased goodies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

CodfishCartographer posted:

I started on Origin and moved over to steam with 0 problems - all purchases transferred, including all my keybindings and settings. It should work, but I haven't explicitly done things steam > origin > steam.

Alright, thanks! I'm not at risk of losing much (a weekend's worth of playing,) so I'll give it a shot. I just didn't want to be "stuck" on the Origin version.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thanks all! There was a prompt when I launched the game on Origin asking about my detected save. I first uploaded that to their cloud save service for good measure, and had no issues redeeming the code and going back to Steam.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

repiv posted:

all the pros/streamers are malding, i wonder if they'll walk this back

I don't even know what tap-strafing is, it's great. I assume it's some method of artificially increasing your ADS strafe/movement speed. I hope they don't change a thing about movement; it's what got me into this game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Evil Kit posted:

here is tap strafing in short clip form.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/780622269532602370/882314857066692608/tapstrafe_busted.mp4

The Bangalore tap strafed around the end of the pillbox.

To expand: Tap strafing allows you to do up to a 180 mid-air while keeping all of your momentum. All of it. This is nuts and it also works with Octane jump pad's second jump. Hell, tap strafing is one of the main reasons Octane is so ridiculous strong right now as he gets his Stim movespeed boost added on top.

The inputs for tap strafing are completely unintuitive and no player would be able to figure it out on their own unless they were legitimately going out of their way to try and figure out weird movement quirks and bugs in the Apex Legends game engine. Relatedly, there is literally a person dedicated to trying to find out movement quirks and is the person that discovered and spread tap strafing.

Oh yea, that sucks. That's nothing like what I envisioned from the term "tap-strafing."

I noticed there's some crouching involved; I just hope they don't break the cool little speed burst you get for sprint sliding off ledges because that's still fun every time for whatever reason.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm about 60 hours into this game and was loving it, even the quick wipes, because at least they seemed fun and chaotic. Then I had a night full of hot drop wipes, wait in the queue, die right away, wait in the queue, die right away...

The exception to the frustration was the guy that dropped us into that Wraith-like funnel with 4 or 5 other groups, all at the same time. I was playing Bangalore and didn't have high hopes, so I just smoke bombed the landing and started jump kicking heads like some sort of violent mosh-rave. We didn't make it out alive, but we took at least one group with us.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yellow Yoshi posted:

deep♂dark♂fantasy
?

My mind immediately went to Razor Ramon Hard Gay, but this isn't Fortnite, and this isn't 2003

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Slack Lagoon posted:

There's been a lot more people talking poo poo in Apex than I ever remember and at the same time they are always the first one down.and constantly make bad positioning decisions.

You know, I was just thinking how minimal the poo poo talk has been, for me. The one and only person to talk trash so far was the first one down in arena. I'm Lifeline, and the third teammate got to him just before I did. "No, let Lifeline! Let Lifeline!" he says. We die.

Next round, he's down first again - "God, Lifeline, you're so bad, just push a button, god..." It's like, you knew exactly what happened...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just had an arena which ended up being 1v1 when it was time to load in. I was laughing and getting psyched for some deathmatch when my two mystery teammates joined seconds before the gate opened, on the enemy's side of the map.