Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Octanes one handed reload rifle ability makes him a secret great pick for people who like snipers and bolt actions mid range. Glad they buffed him, was feeling dumb picking him when horizon was available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm stalking their Twitter for switch release announcements since the eshop already updated at 9.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

At this point, I'm pretty sure the switch version was a hoax just to mess with me

While using his tactical, octane reloads guns faster and one handed, meaning you can potentially hose someone down with a triple take reload and keep going like the tasmanian devil.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 2, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Good news forlorn crypto goon, respawn heard your cries and made sure every anniversary skin was trash except his.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

repiv posted:

The follow up tweet says the Switch port is being handled by Panic Button

That bodes well, they did the excellent Doom 2016/Eternal and Warframe Switch ports

Ooooo 60 fps is on the table then.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Don't know if this is story related, so I'm spoilering it, but shrutgal just revealed gibbys best skin, he said it's coming on the 16th, which is annoying cause i want it on my switch account.

:siren::siren:
https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1356753605836087298?s=19

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 3, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Pedestrian Xing posted:

Distinct lack of polar bear there :colbert:

Easily the second best, my first criteria for good skins is how thematic they are to the character, then how transformative it is to the base skin.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Comparing anything to the polar bear skin is unfair because it's one of the only skins that fundamentally alters the character appearance so drastically

It's even better when you combine it with the robogib skin animated banner, he starts as a present that opens up.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

Finally checked out the battlepass to confirm my suspicions and yep, literally nothing but the trackers for crypto. They even gave up trying to pretend with a throwaway voice clip like they usually do.

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh that half his unlockable clips are in a language most won't understand.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

scuz posted:

:eyepop: if true

The first-day fun has worn off and I'm now getting 3-shotted from incredible distances by repeaters being wielded by people far outside of my skill level :buddy:

Go to ranked. Unranked is the new ranked.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Went to that dude's TL and was blindsided.

https://twitter.com/lowkeydbjosh/status/1356729163839721472?s=19

Wasn't ready to think in these terms. This only has a little merit because panic button did exclusive Nintendo skins for rocket league.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Been maining revenant and I think he's in a nice spot, though I wouldn't mind a 3rd spirit nade. It's nice to shut down squads before they can unload on you.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Here's hoping tomorrow's direct finally reveals the switch version and its features.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm at the point where I just ping and yell, " go go go" into the mic. Stubborn squad rotations is my pet peeve right now

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

They should extend it until after the switch launch

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Best hemlock skin in the game, golden arrow, is currently on sale if any one wants it. The iron sights are fantastic on it.

Wish they put that hunt triple take back out

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The CoD killstreak sound :discourse:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Amazing patch. Love the survival slot, rampart getting some respect, Rip mastiff.

Lobas skin looks so much better than the holo, can't wait to see how good ramparts is. Nintendo getting all my money.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Whew gold weapons can switch attachments!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I just want them to steal the console pubgs look around while sprinting option

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Oof, that gyro implementation is gonna be doing a lot of heavy lifting to get me to stay on. Guess I'm hoping for the switch pro to make it better. But I've still yet to see hard details on gyro, even the first announcement was a telephone game in that regard.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Can we please stick to calling it the g7? Everytime I see scout, my lizard brain switches to CS , scout/knives servers were my life for a bit.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Now that her walls aren't made of paper, I'm gonna try and main Rampy, and really focus on snipers with her barriers.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Heads up, gibby nerf went through this patch

https://twitter.com/TitanfallBlog/status/1369369898921627648?s=19

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

New platform in the firing range

https://twitter.com/TitanfallBlog/status/1369361334622642185?s=19

Mentions say it looks like a landing pad, but I'm hoping it's an in game aimlab setup.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Switch version is up.

Weird it's up but won't let you download yet.

19gigs lol

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 9, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1369448484408090625?s=09

A bit too long, but cute commercial

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Well thatís kinda lame.

Why is that when every other game does it?

Money, they had like a one time cross progression thing from origin to steam, so it's not like they can't do it.

And the switch version is rough. I'm still in the firing range and it's running about as well as my laptop did, which is why I got an xboneX, but it doesn't have fov settings which is really messing with me.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

My eyes stopped bleeding, switch version grows on you

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Fighting can be rough with the framerate and resolution on switch, but even though I'm still dialing it in, gyro is a game changer. Easily putting up more damage on average and the shot just feels more sure.

Close fights are a toss up if the game will hitch or not, seems for now, you can't really rush down.

Solo in duos is fun and seems liked it's gonna be a big trend.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 10, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I was surprised at how good the shadows look on drop. I've been toughing it out but it really is a mess. Banners don't load in at the start, items and weapons in your hand will be invisible until holstered, close range fights are a toss up to whether the screen hitches.

But that gyro tho

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Don't know if it's just lag itself, probably just because the switch isn't as powerful, but the ttk rate feels so short. Also it's fun trying to heal in a fight and the healing icons don't load in.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

An example from a random streamer of the terrible performance

https://twitter.com/draynilla/status/1369753495172042753?s=19

It feels like the hit detection is off too

They should patch the default option for cross play to off for now.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 11, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The switch version got a slight performance patches, made fights a bit better, not instantly hitching. FOV still makes it a pain and I'm still sure the tick rate is hosed.

But that gyro is still worth it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I actually find shooting it in burst is more controllable/useful than the others due to their recoil and delay.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Titanfall fans might be getting their wish kinda if the new rumors are true

https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/apex-legends-may-finally-be-getting-titans-sort-of/

https://youtu.be/zJjtYuuAhZI

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Love the hat, but automatic no on branding. They need a brand free version and I'd be all about it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

I love the solo option. I usually spend my first game knocking out a quick task or two, and then maybe a second solo game, but after that, teams all the time. It is just nice to get my daily poo poo done first.
It's really nice warming up without being a total drag to others. I'm really enjoying solo duos, though lately the playlist has been full on the solo side.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gunder posted:

That is the fashion these days.

I'll never understand the supreme folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I recently saw a quote from EA a bit ago. They talked about how the switch was their pathway to Japan. The switch version is currently a technical mess and probably will stay that way until the switch pro. So if they are waiting for the keys to the kingdom, at least they can start with something the switch can do, aka the arenas. Considering splatoon is the other shooter phenom in the country and it's 4v4, focusing on small scale battles will fit right in. And it will get me playing again instead of waiting for the pro.