Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best superbowl food
Pizza
Wings
Chili
Nachos
Lasagna
BBQ
Fried chicken
Other
View Results

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So while we're not doing traditional Super Bowl parties this year, I think we're gonna still eat during the game. Whether its pizza or wings or chili, tell us about your plans and post pics for us to drool over.

I'm trying to decide between making fancy nachos or wings. Oh, or maybe a lasagna.

Also, :rip: to Wheez, the patron saint of TFF food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I might gently caress around and air fry some wings for the Super Bowl for my wife and I

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am staying in this year so I was actually thinking..sushi?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have been eating like a serf for months (oatmeal and rice and ground meat mostly) so I plan on splurging and searing up a huge tomahawk ribeye

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
In order to support the Tampa Bay Tom Bradys I will be consuming the souls of children, like Tom.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Elephanthead posted:

In order to support the Tampa Bay Tom Bradys I will be consuming the souls of children, like Tom.

Veal, caviar and baby carrots?

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
I’m going to order the nastiest Popeyes chicken the day before. Because I would rather spend my day violently making GBS threads then watch Tom Brady play another Super Bowl.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Before the 28-3 game, we made a taco bar, with basically whatever fixings you wanted, with obvious chip/dip appetizer sides. Great super bowl food, would do again.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I'm gonna make myself about 3 pounds of wings in the air fryer, bathe it all in some buffalo, and I'm going to eat it all while I watch Tom Brady lose another super bowl

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I think I'll make some moderate-effort nachos? Lots of layers of lots of stuff, meat cooked in taco seasoning, bake it in the oven so the cheese melts evenly?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bob Socko posted:

I think I'll make some moderate-effort nachos? Lots of layers of lots of stuff, meat cooked in taco seasoning, bake it in the oven so the cheese melts evenly?
Bake the chips for 5 minutes before adding toppings so they are stronger.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

CannonFodder posted:

Good call, thank you!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bob Socko posted:

Good call, thank you!

It's called a blind bake and is also good for making crisp pie crusts.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My wife and I call it Dip Day, so we’re making a few dips and it becomes a three hour snack fest. Making some classics, chili cheese dip, taco dip, and I think a creamy spinach dip.

Wife at first wanted to make a scallion and feta dip, but changed her mind.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I made chili last year and the Chiefs won the super bowl so I'm making chili again

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Might mess around and make spinach dip in a breadbowl.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

In a normal year I'd watch the game with my dad because his birthday is always within a few days of the game, and we'd grab a pizza from a local place that does a really good pie with a nice buttery crust.

This year I'll be making a pizza at home. Also bought the Costco gently caress-off sized bag of Doritos and will be making ranch dip with it and eating my feelings like a degenerate.

There will be beer.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
3 brats

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

See I think nachos end up soggy regardless of the prebake. I think the superior way to make nachos is more of a dip form and buy a superior chip, like the Mission chips over doritos.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
don't forget to make real nacho cheese sauce with [insert chosen cheese here], milk, sodium citrate and an immersion blender. you'll never buy that trash in a jar again.

vvv I agree but for those who want liquid gold, sodium citrate is where it's at

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 3, 2021

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
The best nachos have broiled shredded cheese, cheese sauces are inferior to browned cheese

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What's that simple beer dip recipe I ask for every year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise posted:

I might gently caress around and air fry some wings for the Super Bowl for my wife and I

Update: I got a tray of drumsticks for 9 dollars so I'm going to make those and sauce them like wings

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

The best nachos have broiled shredded cheese, cheese sauces are inferior to browned cheese

If you're limiting yourself to just one you're doing it wrong. Just make a roux and throw some cheese in for an easy queso and then put shredded cheese on top.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sweet thursday posted:

What's that simple beer dip recipe I ask for every year

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beer-dip/

I made it a few years ago from the thread then found out that its a pretty common recipe!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

seiferguy posted:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beer-dip/

I made it a few years ago from the thread then found out that its a pretty common recipe!

Much abliged. Same time next year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

If you're limiting yourself to just one you're doing it wrong. Just make a roux and throw some cheese in for an easy queso and then put shredded cheese on top.

:thunk:

Hmmm, might need to try that

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
UK is in lockdown, so no party this year but going to share a ”Super Bowl Feast” from the local BBQ place with the wife. Smoked wings, buttermilk fried wings, smoked brisket tacos, mac & cheese balls, smoked jalapeno bombers, panko onion rings + chilli & ginger slaw.

A friend also brought back a couple of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPAs from a visit to his family in the US, so I’m pretty well set. I’d still swap it for stale Doritos and Stella if I could watch the game with someone!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife and I are big finger food people, so probably just a couple of different dips. If I'm feeling ambitious I might try to make some wings for us.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

It looks like there will be thunderstorms aplenty here in the great city of Tampa on Sunday, which may affect the Big Game but more importantly it may interfere with my grand plans of BBQing lots of wings and ribs. Gonna call an “audible” here and just get drunk as gently caress and still cook the poo poo no matter what

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

nah posted:

It looks like there will be thunderstorms aplenty here in the great city of Tampa on Sunday, which may affect the Big Game but more importantly it may interfere with my grand plans of BBQing lots of wings and ribs. Gonna call an “audible” here and just get drunk as gently caress and still cook the poo poo no matter what

This is known as the Pro Football Watcher move.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm thinking I might make some Vietnamese spring rolls (not the fried kind) with dipping sauces. Because the pre game bullshit goes for so long it'll be pretty easy for me to do the prep work. Probably during the 20 minute rendition of the anthem.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I have neglected to mention my pizza toppings, which will be pepperoni, bacon, garlic and mushrooms. The pepperoni will be that thick, small kind that curls up into little bowls of grease. The pizza will be square cut. Thank you.

nah posted:

Just get drunk as gently caress

Also this

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast
Going to the butcher shop on Friday and I'm gonna pick up a brisket flat and some pork belly to make burnt ends in the smoker.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Burginator posted:

I'm gonna make myself about 3 pounds of wings in the air fryer, bathe it all in some buffalo, and I'm going to eat it all while I watch Tom Brady lose another super bowl

I'll be over, so thanks in advance for the heads up on the menu option. I'll bring the tequila.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Going to the butcher shop on Friday and I'm gonna pick up a brisket flat and some pork belly to make burnt ends in the smoker.

I have now decided to go here instead. Thanks anyway Burginator.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 4, 2021

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

nah posted:

Gonna call an “audible” here and just get drunk as gently caress...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
I'll smoke a ~15 lb brisket and probably deep fry 5-6 lbs of wings. Maybe some homemade slaw and some chips and dips.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

I have now decided to go here instead. Thanks anyway Burginator.

And you know im putting the pork belly on the top rack so it drips on the brisket.

Also itll just be me and my wife eating all of this food.

Also my wife is vegetarian.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

And you know im putting the pork belly on the top rack so it drips on the brisket.

Also itll just be me and my wife eating all of this food.

Also my wife is vegetarian.

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Come on y’all, I hear lots of good dip ideas, you gotta post those! I need some suggestions, I’m scaling down a bit this year from the usual and only making chili, bread, and a potato casserole, but I could use some good apps to go with.