Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The title pretty much says it all. I used to have a friendly neighborhood game and I want to try and run a private session with my crew of dads.

Does anyone know a website that can facilitate this, preferably easily? A little voice or video chat to go along would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Are you asking for an online poker site that lets people arrange a private game among people? You can do that at several of them, I think, but the one I've seen is on stars:

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
Yeah, my buddies and I do stars, plus zoom and then we Venmo after. We are in the states, so it is only play money plus Venmo for us. I would imagine you can set up a private real money game. Someone, presumably you, would be the manager, quick drop downs for type of game, stakes, levels, breaks, etc. and then stars emails whoever you want to invite. Took 5 minutes to set up then an hour for my friends to send me their preferred email to input into the system

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
https://www.pokernow.club/ has been great for playing a few friendly games in lockdown, we also sit and chat on discord/zoom but I think they've created voice comms in game as well now. It keeps a ledger so you can work out who owes who at the end of the game

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Doccykins posted:

https://www.pokernow.club/ has been great for playing a few friendly games in lockdown, we also sit and chat on discord/zoom but I think they've created voice comms in game as well now. It keeps a ledger so you can work out who owes who at the end of the game

This one looks great, I'm going to test it out tonight. Thanks for all the replies.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

pokernow.club and pokerstars are the ones i've heard of

if you're still interesting in others, this thread has a list of some.. i would say i've never heard of half of them though...

https://twitter.com/awilkinson/status/1343979431547658240

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Guy who used to host most of our local games has been running a group on pokerrr2 mobile app for a while now. We settle up with Venmo/cashapp or whatever. It works fine and I like playing it on my phone since it’s a chill low stakes game and I’m usually watching tv or whatever while I’m playing.

The “club” feature is nice because you just join the group and get notified when a game is starting up. The one downside is that if you do want to play on an actual computer, you can’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

pokernow is really good for hosting home-games with friends and trusted players, but be prepared to do your banking on cashapp or venmo.