Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

i dont really follow spacex much except for knowing that their stuff blows up alot. probably the main thing you dont want to happen when your entire company is based on sending people into space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

ASenileAnimal posted:

i dont really follow spacex much except for knowing that their stuff blows up alot. probably the main thing you dont want to happen when your entire company is based on sending people into space.

Most of their blow ups are when developing a new vehicle without payloads, like the new Starship, or when they were learning to land rockets. For the landing case, explosions were after successful payload deliveries when the landing failed, which is still a mission success. 100% of their competitor's flights lose their rockets after deploying payloads, so that's actually the norm.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ASenileAnimal posted:

SpaceX is pretty much the only competitive launch company left on the planet. They already have something like 70% market share and growing fast. Some launch companies haven't had a single launch in all of 2020 due to them and most are doing mass layoffs and flaying around trying to technologically catch up with them and not die. That's the power of math!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ASenileAnimal posted:

Seems that a majority of the Spacex failures happen after successful launches though... they are just trying to keep their rockets to use again and failing at that point. :smug:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

theres plenty of poo poo to dunk on musk for, but rockets blowing up is a common thing in rocket development

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Launch expected around 3:15 EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQkk3ojNfM

OMGVBFLOL posted:

theres plenty of poo poo to dunk on musk for, but rockets blowing up is a common thing in rocket development

It's also safe to assume he has zero involvement in the engineering at play here.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

no, this is the shiny distraction that the actual ceo gives him so he doesn't gently caress with the rest of development; he's deffo putting his sticky jam hands all over this

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

SpaceX stream is live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDEgFsefrGw

e: LOL

Can't even press "F" for this

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 3, 2021

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
They say they're going for a redo in about 2 hours.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
They had a 45 minute countdown maybe 30 minutes ago but now they're just showing the local time. <:mad:> I want my drat launch.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Coutndown started, which means T-60 minutes until this one blows up :)

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 3, 2021

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Ugh I can't decide how much of my sleep I should ruin for the chance of seeing this one crash and burn.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Ugh I can't decide how much of my sleep I should ruin for the chance of seeing this one crash and burn.

If you're still up, only 10 minutes left before the fireworks!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That rocket looks like a 1950's sci fi rocket out of a serial tv program.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

SpaceX is now live again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODY6JWzS8WU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Uh that looks pretty drat successful. WTF?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
Dang, they stuck the landing this time. Awesome.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
But what happened to the earth shattering kaboom?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
How on earth is this possible. omg, my heart is going. This is just insane.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
That was cool as hell.

I said this over in the space forum: But I'm shocked they got the launch after the abort so quickly. They just backed the fuel truck up and ran it again.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

The ground level shot from SpaceX as it lands is ridiculous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODY6JWzS8WU&t=702s

11:42 if timestamp doesn't work.

e: SN10 just blew up

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Good flight. And good night!

e: lol omg wtf

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
kaboom

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Well that was delayed

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
LOL. A landing AND an explosion, best of both worlds!

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
yaaaaaaay!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Elon musk for emperor!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

SavageMessiah posted:

LOL. A landing AND an explosion, best of both worlds!

today, everyone wins

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

poverty goat posted:

today, everyone wins

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I missed the explosion. :( I was looking up a rocket I built that almost when out in a blaze of glory.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I missed the explosion. :( I was looking up a rocket I built that almost when out in a blaze of glory.

https://twitter.com/Erdayastronaut/status/1367257769695404032

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh wow. I thought it would fall over since it was leaning. That's pretty crazy lol.

oh, here's the rocket I built that was almost a disaster. You can hear my dumb nasally WI accent in it.

https://i.imgur.com/dinFkSO.mp4

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Oh wow. I thought it would fall over since it was leaning. That's pretty crazy lol.

oh, here's the rocket I built that was almost a disaster. You can hear my dumb nasally WI accent in it.

A fitting tribute for the big dead rocket!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Finally a reaction video I like.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

baby steps, next time it will be on the ground for 20 minutes before it explodes

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

You can't fool me, I know a buttplug when I see one.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Weka posted:

You can't fool me, I know a buttplug when I see one.

Yeah but have you ever had one with a D engine. lol I think not buddy boy.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

well done. the only improvement i can see possible is to get it to auger into the pond

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Yeah but have you ever had one with a D engine. lol I think not buddy boy.

Offhand I'd say almost half my buttplugs are diesel powered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
They landed that loving silo all over the place. Checkmate, Soviets from the '50s.