Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Eddie Kingston jelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/everythingaew/status/1357347731572891648?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That is literal death. My god...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ICR posted:

That is literal death. My god...

that gif is why WWF stopped having a women's division for like 5 years

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, this is about what I expected. Would be really jarring to switch venues and production style in the middle of Dynamite.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Alaois posted:

that gif is why WWF stopped having a women's division for like 5 years

Making it easily, easily the most brutal backfist in the history of professional wrestling.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Okay that's the punch

where's the suplex pin?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Senerio posted:

Okay that's the punch

where's the suplex pin?

I'm glad you asked friend

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does this start tomorrow? wanting to watch it. When do the matches appear

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

Could be. This is extremely rudimentary on my part. I really know very, very little about Joshi.

Hoooboy that is too many headbutts.
Also does anybody know what she is saying right at the beginning of that video? It's a phrase I hear a lot.

Omatase shimashita, basically "sorry to have kept you waiting"

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

TTBF posted:

Voices of Wrestling just put up a primer on the Japanese side of the bracket. Link here

This is great thank you! I got some matches to watch!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I had to go back and remind myself who was on the American side of the bracket because when Maki Itoh showed up I shrieked and then I think I blacked out a little bit. :allears:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Draxion posted:

Omatase shimashita, basically "sorry to have kept you waiting"

Thank you.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Am I off base for thinking that Riho is basically guaranteed to not make it to the finals because the point is to give us a novel match that we wouldn't normally see with contrasting styles?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Am I off base for thinking that Riho is basically guaranteed to not make it to the finals because the point is to give us a novel match that we wouldn't normally see with contrasting styles?

I don't think she's a lock for the finals, no, especially since she's moving to the US anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Riho's probably not making the finals because Britt really feels like the most likely winner. She's worked hard to improve in the ring and she's the biggest character in the division and it feels like the time to pull the trigger on her now. I could see sneaking a win over Riho via cheating to set up a proper feud for Double or Nothing

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I have ended up listening to Brooklyn the Hole like six times since the tournament announcement, not counting when I watched back the 1.4 show.

Send help.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That seems unnecessary. The sending help, that is.

BROOOOK-E-LYYYN
DA
HOOOOOOOOLE!

e: Unrelated, but "God made the devil just for fun, but when he wanted the real thing he made Aja Kong" is such a perfect introduction.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 5, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TTBF posted:

Voices of Wrestling just put up a primer on the Japanese side of the bracket. Link here

Reading this has made me realise I've been getting Mima Shimoda's name wrong for nearly a decade. I've been calling her Mimi this whole time like an idiot

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Riho's probably not making the finals because Britt really feels like the most likely winner. She's worked hard to improve in the ring and she's the biggest character in the division and it feels like the time to pull the trigger on her now. I could see sneaking a win over Riho via cheating to set up a proper feud for Double or Nothing

Could also see someone from the Japanese side winning if they’re here more permanently after the tournament. A single person on that side being signed and ready to move to the states through the rest of the pandemic wouldn’t be too surprising.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm not sure if I'm on island thinking that Judas Priest is a much cooler entrance them for Aja lyrics aside.

Also I see people suggesting that Yuka/Britt should be the final because they already have a history and reason to fight but isn't that a reason not to do that as the final? You could have idk Asuka vs Nyla as the final and fly over Yuka and Asuka together to have two cool matches instead of one.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 5, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tony Khan: Two women's matches... on one show? Sorry, I don't follow

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I would like more matches with a combination of the characters on dynamite if possible, if visas are not an issue for the joshi.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I would like more matches with a combination of the characters on dynamite if possible, if visas are not an issue for the joshi.
The Visas aren't the issue, it's the 4 total weeks they'd have to go without working (2 weeks upon getting to the US, 2 weeks getting back to Japan) so if they're not staying for an extended tour of some kind, it's a big waste of time for most of them.

That probably means KENTA will be in AEW for at least a month.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm not sure if I'm on island thinking that Judas Priest is a much cooler entrance them for Aja lyrics aside.

Electric Eye and in fact quite a bit of Priests library is way cooler than any other wrestling theme song. Have you seen Rob Halford? That dude is cool.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

The Visas aren't the issue, it's the 4 total weeks they'd have to go without working (2 weeks upon getting to the US, 2 weeks getting back to Japan) so if they're not staying for an extended tour of some kind, it's a big waste of time for most of them.

That probably means KENTA will be in AEW for at least a month.

KENTA lives in Florida.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm not sure if I'm on island thinking that Judas Priest is a much cooler entrance

very few things are cooler than Judas Priest

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vince MechMahon posted:

KENTA lives in Florida.
Figured he moved back to Japan after he went to NJPW :shrug:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

vs Akito in DDT, one of my favourite matches of 2019 and shows how creative and adaptive she is. Match is a single lighttube deathmatch, the person who breaks the lightube loses, as helpfully recommended at the begininng of the video by poor Keigo Nakamura.

I was rewatching this because it's relatively short and real good, and it's astounding to me that Asuka was 20 when this match took place. Obviously Akito is no slouch as well, but the way she adapted to the blown finish is remarkable for a wrestler of that age and experience. Seriously, watch this match if you've never before, the whole match including the demonstration at the beginning is less than 20 minutes.

God I loving love Asuka, hopefully this leads to her getting an extended tour in AEW, I would absolutely watch her segements if they brought her in

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
When does this start? Seeing almost nothing about that on social media

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NutritiousSnack posted:

When does this start? Seeing almost nothing about that on social media

Not announced yet

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Figured he moved back to Japan after he went to NJPW :shrug:

Nope, permanent residence is still in Florida. He's the anchor of NJPW Strong which is shot over here and was clearly supposed to be the vanguard for the NJPW US stuff they had planned pre-covid.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ok, I've watched a demo match or two for most of the competitors now and it turns out I really dig joshi and am a total Maki Itoh mark. That sideways falling headbutt? Extremely my poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

frankenfreak posted:

That seems unnecessary. The sending help, that is.

BROOOOK-E-LYYYN
DA
HOOOOOOOOLE!

e: Unrelated, but "God made the devil just for fun, but when he wanted the real thing he made Aja Kong" is such a perfect introduction.

same

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rantmo posted:

Ok, I've watched a demo match or two for most of the competitors now and it turns out I really dig joshi and am a total Maki Itoh mark. That sideways falling headbutt? Extremely my poo poo.

If you like when Maki Itoh does it you'll love when Tomaki Honma does it!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Rarity posted:

And Ortiz, although he hasn't done it in a while?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

It’s not nice to tell lies

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pinwiz11 posted:

And Ortiz, although he hasn't done it in a while?

Ortiz is face first not sideways. Which is why they should tag together.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

a cyborg mug posted:

It’s not nice to tell lies

everybody loves the kokeshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rin's basically an unknown to me and it's cool to get exposed to new talent. ryo mizunami needs her max voltage theme and to do the dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvUH2hQHQw