Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Square bases.

Ranks and Flanks.

Now THIS is warhammer!

Warhammer 40,000 is bigger in the societal unconscious though, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

hm, so its a combination of two franchises, and the two characters in the background are mostly just lazy copies, disregarding their faces. but i can't see any outlandish fetishes being expressed, no weird antisocial (ignoring WH40K) hang-ups. also daffy duck is p. well drawn.

2/5 at MOST

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Nosfereefer posted:

hm, so its a combination of two franchises, and the two characters in the background are mostly just lazy copies, disregarding their faces. but i can't see any outlandish fetishes being expressed, no weird antisocial (ignoring WH40K) hang-ups. also daffy duck is p. well drawn.

2/5 at MOST

The idea of cross-dressing for comedic effect happening within the Imperium, let alone dressing as a Sister is pretty deviant

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

The idea of cross-dressing for comedic effect happening within the Imperium, let alone dressing as a Sister is pretty deviant

Slaanesh would approve of it. As well as this thread to be honest.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

The Bloop posted:

dunno enough about either things to understand this, but all i know is that warhammer peaked a long time ago

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Nosfereefer posted:

dunno enough about either things to understand this, but all i know is that warhammer peaked a long time ago

Those "beaky" marine helmets were so fan-popular that GW eventually put them back into production

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 24, 2020

bird/bird

necroid posted:

warhammer has fantastic imagery and great artists behind it (Adrian Smith, Karl Kopinski to name a few legendary names) but also a terrible fanbase of nerds with unironical boners for real wars and dictatorships

I was too young to live the early days of warhammer but from what I understand it used to be a lot more tongue-in-cheek in its depiction of roid-raging futuristic fash armies, kinda like Judge Dredd

then the humour was lost and gradually replaced with serious grimdarkness everywhere

if you're into reading warhams novels and looking for something less grimdarkey, i'd like to recommend one called The Infiite and The Divine

necroid
May 14, 2009

check out this fancy post

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

if you're into reading warhams novels and looking for something less grimdarkey, i'd like to recommend one called The Infiite and The Divine

honestly I've always kept away from game-based novelizations because I always assume they're badly written, although I've heard good things about the Ciaphas Cain books (are they worth a read?)

wh and wh40k have always been guilty pleasures of mine because I've always loved over-the-top fantasy and sci-fi violent imagery like the stuff drawn by Smith and Kopinski, but I'm also extremely wary of the nerds who enjoy this sort of stuff a little too much for all the wrong reasons

like people who are really into the death korps of krieg or the crusadey aspects of space marines and emperor worship

Who What Now posted:

They're slowly swinging back towards being semi-serious but with a little cheekiness.

oh good!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

In the cheery brightness of the 41st millennium there is only CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

necroid posted:

honestly I've always kept away from game-based novelizations because I always assume they're badly written, although I've heard good things about the Ciaphas Cain books (are they worth a read?)

Extremly good if you go in expecting a pulpy space adventure. It knows what it's trying to be and nails it IMO

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

I have Raperette's Disease. I literally cannot stop talking about fucking rape in video games. If you see me talking about rape in a conversation about video games tell me to go fuck myself like the giant dumbass I am.

While obviously not on par with the Discworld books they are pretty close to the early Sam Vimes stuff in tone. Very much recommended that anyone who likes Warhams read one of them and just ignore the rest because they're pretty much all the same.

Codeacious
Oct 22, 2017

Radical coding, yo!

Most novels based on tabletop gaming IP are fine. Not gonna blow your mind or end up in a museum, but hey, it's enjoyable to browse and there's some fun to be had. If you're into the IP the entertainment value is much greater than if you're not.

It's kinda like decent SFW non-fetish fanart.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Lodin posted:

While obviously not on par with the Discworld books they are pretty close to the early Sam Vimes stuff in tone. Very much recommended that anyone who likes Warhams read one of them and just ignore the rest because they're pretty much all the same.

Cain's Last Stand is probably the best one. They are a little bit repetitive especially if read back to back but I loved them all.

I'm also a huge ham nerd tho so take what I say with lots of salt.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

And despite what you say about the current tone of 40k. There is always orks.

Who are still as wacky as ever

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 24, 2020

bird/bird

necroid posted:

seconding what has been said about the Caiphas Cain books so far; they can get a bit repetitive as they all seem to follow the same pattern of Caiphas getting into a mess and having to weasel his way out while pretending to be on top of it all and Jurgen is also there and he smells.
It has been a while since last I read the books so maybe the newer ones are less predictable(?)

i've mostly read wh40k novels, so if you want to start there i'd like to recommend the Eisenhorn books; they follow an inquisitor going about his business and there are very few space marines involved.
i think the only regular warhams book i read that i recall is one called Skarsnik which is about goblins. pretty good imo

there's a great thread about warhammer books (mostly 40k) down at the book bran forum, they do discuss spoilers but theyre pretty good at keeping it behind the proper spoiler tags

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

You're also welcome to post in the Slam Sector where we discuss which skeletons we are and the importance of cum in 40k (extremly)

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 8, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Who What Now posted:

You're also welcome to post in the Slam Sector where we discuss which skeletons we are and the importance of cum in 40k (extremly)

Beware though Moola rules the thread with an iron fist.

and I am not just saying that because I'm the only one so far that's gotten hit with a sixer.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 24, 2020

bird/bird

Who What Now posted:

Feck!!

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Hihohe posted:

And despite what you say about the current tone of 40k. There is always orks.

Who are still as wacky as ever

Deff Skwadron is the only WH40k literature that I care about.

"Who's that flash git still flying' without `is wings Gimzod?"
"Gorthank, boss, who else would it be?"
"Heh, good `ol Killboy. Look at `im gooo! Can't shoot or fly worth a zog, but `e's the best flyboy I got!"

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

This artist has come a long way in just under a year

From

to

? I don't even know anymore

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Mmph~*
Struggles np~

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

offer not valid for gbs posters

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Expected art of sexy big-headed Gravitina, but of course Nos-4-A2 gets more love. He's a robot vampire!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

That's just some plain Jane anal vore

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here. It's gone now.

I went to look up the name of a dinosaur the other day and saw there was a neat little option to point your phone and make it look like an animated model of the dino was in your room.

Made me wonder if the my-body-is-feet people have done anything with that, and how I could use it to convince my nephew there's monster in my house that steals feet.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Zil posted:

Beware though Moola rules the thread with an iron fist.

when did they make Ferrus a mod?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/WillowCreative_/status/1380590781329727491?s=20

Yknow. I think the only reason were gonna get bionic limbs or any sort of miraculous body changing technology is not because to maybe help those who lost a limb or maybe make a trans person feel more at home in their own body, but to cater to furries who threw their money at it.

not that thats bad, as long as we get the technology but its gonna be weird in the future when we have to explain " This technology wasnt developed to help those with medical issues but because some people really wanted to be foxes."

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Otherwise known as the Malatora principle.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

THIS NEW AV WILL LET ME POST LIZARD TITS TWICE AS EFFICIENTLY!

IT'S GIVING ME A FUCKING BONER RIGHT NOW!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

a masterpiece

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

another masterpiece

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

this era will be seen as another artistic renaissance

the history of art has been the quest for three answers: who am i, where did i come from, and what the gently caress

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

I registered this account 3 years before SU started and 6 years before that character showed up and I could write at least 4 paragraphs about why I hate the show, the creator, the fans, and that specific character

Hell Gem

Im actually kind of impressed at this photoshop job

perepelki posted:

this era will be seen as another artistic renaissance

the history of art has been the quest for three answers: who am i, where did i come from, and what can I gently caress

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

I have Raperette's Disease. I literally cannot stop talking about fucking rape in video games. If you see me talking about rape in a conversation about video games tell me to go fuck myself like the giant dumbass I am.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ah, spring. When a young man's fancy turns to being bench pressed

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

I registered this account 3 years before SU started and 6 years before that character showed up and I could write at least 4 paragraphs about why I hate the show, the creator, the fans, and that specific character

Hell Gem

I have no idea whats going on in this image but its definitely

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Bismuth posted:

What if everything was penis

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Bismuth posted:

Some K. Y. Fuckcraft going on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I hated your old avatar so much I paid for this one from a gay furry visual novel. gay rights and smoke weed every day

Armitag3 posted:

K. Y. Fuckcraft