Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

I am so glad I missed getting on board with whatever the gently caress homestuck really is

I am generally opposed to incuriousness but this is one thing I think I am genuinely glad to be ignorant of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

reminds me of Elliot Rogers

Unless Elliot Rogers was making racist webcomics, that's a really weird thing to say lmao

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I cannot stop laughing at this

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

Over time, random factors add up. What is chaos in the moment becomes systemic over time and space. As data accumulates, a pattern emerges.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Pastry of the Year posted:

I cannot stop laughing at this

Well I guess we finally know what "you know what" is

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

Well I guess we finally know what "you know what" is

Thats a deep twitter cut.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

that Tarkus album cover made me wonder...

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

at Wally Gator out of nowhere

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

I registered this account 3 years before SU started and 6 years before that character showed up and I could write at least 4 paragraphs about why I hate the show, the creator, the fans, and that specific character

Hell Gem

What the hell is up with old timey cartoons drawing characters with hideous broken snout/muzzle/nose things

The pink things are bad but the raccoons look like they got hit by a car and healed wrong

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Well, there goes our grant money.

Him peepee live here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

I registered this account 3 years before SU started and 6 years before that character showed up and I could write at least 4 paragraphs about why I hate the show, the creator, the fans, and that specific character

Hell Gem

Is the straw-headed thing bald except for two tufts of pink hair?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Bismuth posted:

Is the straw-headed thing bald except for two tufts of pink hair?

Boys are bald

Girls have pretty hair

That's how you know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Really it was just the two main boys that were bald

the rest have hair in one form or another

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 24, 2020

bird/bird

wtf is a snork?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

wtf is a snork?!

Those guys!

It was a cartoon series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnml0kKa1fM#t=33s

Why snorkels make sense for actual water-breathing creatures is a question I never understood even as a kid, but maybe that's because I had used and been around actual snorkels

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

Hell Gem

The Bloop posted:

Really it was just the two main boys that were bald

the rest have hair in one form or another

The ones with full heads of hair only makes the pink one's hair choices weirder

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Slippery Tilde

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

wtf is a snork?!

It's one of a number of Smurfs clones, like how the Scooby Do imitators where the sidekick was a shark, a car, etc.

Lux Animus
Apr 17, 2016

Posts from the end of the world

Dinosaur Gum

The Snorks are underwater Smurfs it's like you weren't even paying attention in cartoon school

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

necroid posted:

lmao who the gently caress watches multiple 2-hours long videos discussing lovely webcomics and their fans

Wait until you find out about the Once-ler fandom (from the CG Lorax movie).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us5Y_Kba7To

Also funny enough, there are other videos recently about strange fandoms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaNsztFzn-s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA3nURJWP2Q

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

At first I didn't think it was unusual (for this thread) then the gif fully loaded.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Hussie being stuck making Homestuck and only Homestuck forever as divine punishment will never not be funny.

I have literally never seen a pic of him looking genuinely happy, and my friend's experiences at What Pumpkin left them miserable and scarred- they shortly left the industry. So I dislike him on a personal level.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 24, 2020

bird/bird

Blue Footed Booby posted:

It's one of a number of Smurfs clones, like how the Scooby Do imitators where the sidekick was a shark, a car, etc.

I remember the shark show.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

The Jellicle Moon is shining bright

I liked a decent amount of Homestuck related stuff, I assumed all of the jokes in it were self-deprication. In my defense, I was in my mid-20s when Homestuck started so I never really gave a poo poo about any of the fandom stuff.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011
ABS THUNDERSKULL.

element: thunderbolts.

steed: a thunderbolt.

slogan/motto: "gonna clap them cheeks like a Thunderskull."

DicktheCat posted:

I have literally never seen a pic of him looking genuinely happy, and my friend's experiences at What Pumpkin left them miserable and scarred- they shortly left the industry. So I dislike him on a personal level.

what happened?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

suddenly, tentacle dicks
suddenly, giant dick

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bismuth
Jun 10, 2010

Hell Gem

This looks like one of those weird AI generated wall-decals on amazon

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

what happened?

They were a part of the shutdown on the NY branch. It was horrible, things yoyo'd between"We have no money, panic!" and "don't worry, we're ok!" like constantly up until the end. It was really lovely, and they don't elaborate much more than "working conditions sucked/ were unstable, the environment fostered pettiness/cliques, and the experience was traumatizing."

I don't pry further, that seems cruel, bc I know it was part of their burnout. Common issue in studios. Almost like they should unionize or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Ultra Carp

Bismuth posted:

This looks like one of those weird AI generated wall-decals on amazon

I was like Weird Al would never....

Oh ok yeah