Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I vote Hybrid, putting the first couple points in HP followed by the rest all in MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Is it just me or does it seem like the game is blaming Vi 100% for what went down with her leaving, rather than admitting that if someone has been teased to the point of snapping and running off then maybe the other person bears some fault as well?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So I came across this cute little animation and I felt like the thread would appreciate it:
https://twitter.com/kumoketu/status/1404925830619226116

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Bug Fables is currently 40% off for the Steam Summer Sale if anyone wants to get the game.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I'd posted the first bit a while ago when the creator first tweeted it. Nice to see they got it finished, it's very well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I personally hate hopeless boss fights, especially under two conditions (which often go hand in hand):
  • It's not signposted well
  • They let you waste resources on it
In both instances they waste the player's time, either directly (keep retrying because you think you can win) or indirectly (now you have to regather whatever you wasted on it, and hope you didn't use anything rare).

I blame my extreme dislike for them on the game MagiNation. I wasted a good week when I was a kid trying to get past what I thought was just a particularly hard boss fight, where a previously joke character was shown to be an actual threat and it seemed like I was making progress. And since the game had already trained me in what losing a fight meant I just immediately reset as soon as I lost, because I didn't need to sit through the Game Over screen. It was pure chance that I eventually decided to let it hit the Game Over screen rather than just continuing on for a bit longer and just giving up on the game. I still love the game but that moment sticks out as extremely lovely to me.

senrath fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 24, 2021