Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I have no idea what a "pay per mario" is but just taken by itself this looks interesting. The bug theme is cool and unusual, and also i listened to some of the music and found a track called MECHA BEE DESTROYER BLASTLORD in the related links so that looks promising too :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Explopyro posted:

Surely it's 100 coins? :rimshot:

Ouch! :haw:

I don't mean to say the Paper Mario comparisons are a distraction or anything, just confirming that the game does seem to hold up on its own from the perspective of someone who hasn't played PM.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Then i'll have to vote for MP only, as i have been told it's easily the best way to go in the long term :haibrow:

e: or perhaps rather

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 11, 2021

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

: When in doubt, :goleft:

Only 10 inventory spaces total, huh? I guess that's one way to combat megaelixir syndrome.

This place is pretty big and involved for a tutorial dungeon.

...Those side view headshot icons are giving me hella Persona vibes.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Unbeelievable is good, yes. Also

quote:

good to see Kabbu getting to be a fun weirdo for a change.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

If i'm going to nitpick, i'd ditch the colons after portraits (they don't really need 'em the way a written name does). Also jpgs would make for lighter and faster loading images but they aren't that heavy as pngs and may have enough big flat colour spaces that the compression would be noticeable. Over all you're doing just fine.

Also goddamn 150k is a lot of words.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I think a bug-sized book could hold quite a lot of text, because the text would also be bug-sized :colbert:

(It's nice of them to show restraint, though.)

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, i like that big mistake. Both the description and the censored icon are Good.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I like "Danger Spud".

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

"See you in the ring, wasp."

I think Leif's weird competitiveness is my favourite part of this.

Black Robe posted:

No, Leif, they're right. You absolutely do need a robe. (someone draw this please if it doesn't actually exist in-game)

"We do not see the appeal of your 'robe and wizard hat'."

Hmmm, that dive kick... bugs me... :imunfunny:

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Explopyro posted:

How do you keep doing this?

I think i'm just too dumb to know when to quit :downs:

But more seriously, i'm enjoying the thread and it's just nice to be able to contribute to it in some small way.

e: Though on a second look he seems kind of flat which is the last thing any bug wants so here's a version with a little more contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Explopyro posted:

14: A Pitcher's Worth a Thousand Words

:haw:

I think you wrote more than a thousand words though!

Good show, it's nice when games give you the opportunity to do cool things if you figure out how.