Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

berryjon posted:

Well, this just confirms that the 'camera' is in the south. But he's making references to the directions on the playing field... :psyduck:
Well, it confirms that he thinks west is left, anyway. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Explopyro posted:

This is a bit tricky. We can ride this one up, then jump to the green platform...

...hit the second crank on the way up...

...then jump to the last brown platform. This jump's pretty tricky, and looking at this screenshot I have no idea how I actually made it. Vi's barely got a toe on there, and that platform is rising!
I was stuck on that bit for over half an hour, counting the time I spent backtracking to see if I'd missed something. :argh: That jump's tight enough that it felt more like a sequence-break than an intended path.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Explopyro posted:

Oh, that jump is definitely A Thing, it's definitely not obvious that it should work. (As is actually hitting the crank on the way up, my first time going through this I wasn't at all sure I was supposed to be able to do that.) I'm kind of pleased the screenshots I got ended up looking so weird, it helps capture the experience of doing this.

Unfortunately, as much as I love this game, I have to admit a lot of the actual platforming can feel a bit janky and awkward at times.

I think a big part of it is that it's tricky to jump around while holding the beemerang button. Stick that on one of the shoulder buttons and I suspect this stuff would be a lot more manageable.