Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mods pls change my name to a sweaty hump pile

tyvmia

e: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'm the guy who supplies the players with high quality marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine, and painkillers.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Look at this got dang logo for a team in the Appalachian League!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i will be manager. with my coaching skills, we will win many world series

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I'm the guy who supplies the players with high quality marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine, and painkillers.

Yeah, that's the apex clubbie.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

They disbanded the Stone Crabs so gently caress ‘em.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Beyond being the ball stitcher, I also moonlight as the guy sent out to the outfield to chase after squirrels and cats that are watching baseball, from the loving field no less. The concessions are in the stands you dumb loving squirrel, and at most parks you can probably just walk in to whatever kitchen you can find and no one will give a poo poo.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Who are going to be the spooky ghost players that emerge from a cornfield?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i gather the pee for the catcher to soak his hands in

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Can I be Belgium? That's who I was during the Goonited Nations, and it worked out pretty well.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
theyre not allowed to play baseball in belgium

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

They are a harsh people, but fair.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I am a baseball.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

umpire posted:

batter up!

just one of the many sounds of the ol baseball diamond

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
who is the most active gbs mod and can they please embed a midi of "take me out to the ball game" in this thread i feel like it would add some real nice ambience and get everyone in the mood for baseball! thanks a million!!!!!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The perfect baseball game is 19 hours long and has lots of crying. By Jon Bois, who owns and has a ton of great baseball content on the youtubes

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/9/8909051/the-perfect-baseball-game-is-19-hours-long-and-has-lots-of-crying

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I like baseball games because it's nice to enjoy a stadium dog and beer on a nice summer evening and hey, every once in a while something cool happens like a fight breaks out or a bird gets loving obliterated

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Code Jockey posted:

I like baseball games because it's nice to enjoy a stadium dog and beer on a nice summer evening and hey, every once in a while something cool happens like a fight breaks out or a bird gets loving obliterated

Its also fun to gamble on

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

The perfect baseball game is 19 hours long and has lots of crying. By Jon Bois, who owns and has a ton of great baseball content on the youtubes

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/9/8909051/the-perfect-baseball-game-is-19-hours-long-and-has-lots-of-crying

I thought there was no crying in baseball. This is very disturbing.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm a tailgater, cooking up some brats

you can all have one :)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Code Jockey posted:

One thing the Mariners can do right.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

its all nice on rice posted:

One thing the Mariners can do right.

The garlic fries are good? v:shobon:v

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Code Jockey posted:

The garlic fries are good? v:shobon:v

Eh, They're ok. Skip the line for fries and go for the cantina nachos. They load that poo poo up.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

bc the goal is to take the bases!!! obviously

basegoal??

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
The goal is to slide your balls across home base I thought.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Put me in coach, I’m ready to play
Centerfield

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Here in green bay we have an amateur league team called the Booyah! which is the name of a local food specialty which is a soup made out doors over a wood fire that you cook for several hours. It's essentially chicken vegetable soup but it's 'a thing' for some reason. ...also it's tradition to make it +20 gallons or more at one crack and use a literal boat oar to stir the pot.
Anyway the mascot is a giant, pissed of chicken presumably because it's about to be cooked in the soup. Well that's my baseball story.

Oh also they built the stadium all hosed up because it's right on the river here in town so one part of the field is short and the put a big rear end wall over there to make up for it.

e: i should note that I actually kinda like this because I think uniqueness in baseball field dimensions at all levels from amateur up through pro parks is neat as heck, it's just pretty goofy looking in this case.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 5, 2021

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this is the best thing baseball has ever done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Big Beef City posted:

Here in green bay we have an amateur league team called the Booyah! which is the name of a local food specialty which is a soup made out doors over a wood fire that you cook for several hours. It's essentially chicken vegetable soup but it's 'a thing' for some reason.
Anyway the mascot is a giant, pissed of chicken presumably because it's about to be cooked in the soup. Well that's my baseball story.

Oh also they built the stadium all hosed up because it's right on the river here in town so one part of the field is short and the put a big rear end wall over there to make up for it.

e: i should note that I actually kinda like this because I think uniqueness in baseball field dimensions at all levels from amateur up through pro parks is neat as heck, it's just pretty goofy looking in this case.

Looks kinda like Fenway with the short porch and huge wall on one side and the deep pocket on the other. Makes for interesting plays when the balls start pinging around.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

this is the best thing baseball has ever done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGZUKHtW7vg

I dunno how many times I've watched this in my life, but every time I do it reminds me just how beautiful baseball is. It just so perfectly goes directly into showmanship, I love it. The teeth pull of the 'grenade pin' on the rosin bag is just... gently caress me. Like did absolutely anyone not leave that place entertained?

edit

Sorry I'm hijacking this with some Booyah! pics from Wisconsin. I don't even like the stuff, to be honest, but I figure it deserves a bit of a shout. Here's heaven from my part of Wisconsin. There's cribbage in back.

That's from the town where I live currently. Those are 'individual' Booyah! cookers.

This here is from a church gathering, where they'll sell upwards of 90 gallons in 90 minutes or more. (This town, who's name is seen on the water tower is, pro'lly 15 minutes without snow from my house)

And well, this is booyah.

Wisconsin gumbo in garbage cans.

And now ya know, yep. Sorry for the derail

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 5, 2021

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I want some fuckin' Booyah! now

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Chief McHeath posted:

Look at this got dang logo for a team in the Appalachian League!

that's a good logo

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
*scratches testicles

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

*scratches testicles

Don't scratch too hard or the ball stitcher will have to be called.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I guess I can be the guy who no one really knows what he does but he spits a lot and hangs out in the bathroom too much and seems to know each of the players suspiciously well

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can I play outfield? I also have that Detroit Beisbol Cats shirt but I really just want to run and dive around the field

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Daaaaaaarryl

Daaaaaaaaaaaarryl

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Big Beef City posted:

yeah irregular field dimensions is loving awesome. cookiecutter parks suck rear end and if your club has one then it sucks

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

feh. i'd rather be playing virtuousball but by all means, enjoy yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
do you guys like De La Soul?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b0o0RR9_bR0