Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
26 years ago a comic that was equal parts CSPAM, 4chan, wierd Twitter and Shakespeare emerged. Was it prescient? Was it cringe? Each day we read an issue and post about it itt https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Invisibles-1994 today we read issue 1 and you post whatever dumb poo poo about it you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i started re-reading this very recently and the kropotkin reference immediately made me realize i should go read some of his poo poo like conquest of bread

https://i.imgur.com/WykRySN.mp4

Crusader has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Feb 5, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Crusader posted:

i started re-reading this very recently and the kropotkin reference

didn't even pick up on that ffs

love these panels just cause there's three different angles of depression going on at once

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
hell yeah i've been meaning to read this

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Grab yourself a 10 strip of acid and strap in

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drat it's been a long time since I read this. I like how they never explain what happened to John A Dreams

e: wtf Mr Six assigns a loving 24 page paper due within a week, that's insane. this comic is completely unrealistic

indigi has issued a correction as of 02:47 on Feb 5, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

indigi posted:

e: wtf Mr Six assigns a loving 24 page paper due within a week, that's insane. this comic is completely unrealistic

Morrison clearly sees time-vs-length differently because it's insane how much happens in that first issue compared to every other comic I've ever read.

It's wierd how differently these panels hit now

because today the idea of forced sociological conformity being a goal of these sinister forces doesn't quite ring true but the reconcilitation to being a cog in the status quo definitely does.

Really like that our intro to Robin is her bitching about tarot

and they make it super obvious but this is such a great Dane moment, that he fucks up the expected order just by being there and existing, legit think theres a metaphor for trans people in those panels

next issue is

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Invisibles-1994/Issue-2?id=42916

you should probably read it and post whatever dumb thoughts it makes you think about

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

want some a dat frop moss

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
It's so fuckin good, I re-read it every couple years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the phrase "smooth between the ears, smooth between the lets" pops into my head from time to time

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

which i guess grant morrison would say is sympathetic magic

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I found an issue at a thrift store when I was in Jr high and was hooked but didn't find any collections till college and finally finished it in my early thirties.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AxGrap posted:

I found an issue at a thrift store when I was in Jr high and was hooked but didn't find any collections till college and finally finished it in my early thirties.

i downloaded the whole thing on sadchub, which is also how i read sandman, watchmen, transmet some of the good batman ones etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Al! posted:

i downloaded the whole thing on sadchub, which is also how i read sandman, watchmen, transmet some of the good batman ones etc.

I found an ftp a couple years ago with 8TB of comics so I downloaded that and lord have mercy that's a lot.