Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Due to perturbations in the atomic field of the atmosphere or whatever geeks call it, phones do not agree. There is no time consensus. A phone can be up to :40 off by my count and that is the most primate homosuckian bullshit I can even think of. If we do not have some global agreement on time, or at least hemispheric (do not waste our time with your farmer hour poo poo pls) then we cannot call ourselves a civilized world.

Consider:

The ancients ate goats and sometimes other things in a pinch.
-the humanoi appendick is proof that we ate things that were bad.

Wheels were around before humanoi..

Sometimes things get stuck in my teeth but I'm in a social situation so I type to alleviate the nervous energy.
-NASA invent a better toothpick

Gentlemen, we must stop the Clock. It is our future. For the Time that we need to Get, I implore you.

Sinseerly, emeritus bonjovi phasmid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

a real timecube in the wild

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Timepube

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The moon is a satellite and it is my equal in both mass and the number of american flags jabbed upon

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
my chosen pronouns is hume/humanid and I'll thank you in advance for taking the time to respect that

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
Op, I nominate you to write the Time Consent Decree and rid us of this temporal chaos.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

OP you're so twisted. Like Jim Carrey or Trent Reznor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Why don't you go into space and find out you IDIOT

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
YOU COULD ALWAYS ASK TAYLOR GREENE ABOUT THTAT BUT I SUGGEST YOU DONT BECAUSE SHE IS CRAZY

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Don’t satellites experience time different than someone at sea level?

Pretty sure Jean Claude Van Dam proved that in Timecop

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Noblesse Obliged posted:

This is a lie perpetuated by big satellite

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
some clocks must agree because gps works pretty well

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of technology can't keep up with an 8 dollar Casio wristwatch.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZOLAoOskk

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Clock educated 24 hour 1-day IDIOTS are backwards ignorant.

Nature's 4-day HARMONIC TIME CUBE

Edit: also youre all queers

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

This is a lie perpetuated by big satellite

Timecop is the only source on time travel that I trust

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The clock on my stove says 08:47 and that’s good enough for me!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Since the OP is educated ignorant and mind-lazy I have decided to begin traveling through space currently time has begun to flex and curve throughout the day as one would expect god speed earth dwellers

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--
Ok elon musk

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The clock on my stove says 08:47 and that’s good enough for me!

8:47 SST (standard stove time)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

Since the OP is educated ignorant and mind-lazy I have decided to begin traveling through space currently time has begun to flex and curve throughout the day as one would expect god speed earth dwellers

I got something for you that flexes and curves pal

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

phasmid posted:

Consider:

The ancients ate goats and sometimes other things in a pinch.
-the humanoi appendick is proof that we ate things that were bad.

Is my modern appendick strong enough to eat poisoned satellite dog and live, phasmid?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
All this talk about greenwich mean time is upsetting and negative.

What about greenwich nice time? :)

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Noblesse Obliged posted:

If this is true then we must ask ourselves how much time we allow satellites to experience, lest they outpace us.

Rad-daddio posted:

Hundreds of millions of dollars worth of technology can't keep up with an 8 dollar Casio wristwatch.

I believe this is referred to as the "Mobian Constant". While people in various time zones bicker over this many or that many seconds, there is another layer of zones in space where our very time itself is being divvied up by some kind of Overtime.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

phasmid posted:

If this is true then we must ask ourselves how much time we allow satellites to experience, lest they outpace us.

I believe this is referred to as the "Mobian Constant". While people in various time zones bicker over this many or that many seconds, there is another layer of zones in space where our very time itself is being divvied up by some kind of Overtime.

I think those satellites need to stop being so uppity.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

There's a monkey in each satellite that is trained to count at regular intervals to solve this issue.

Before you ask, they are all trained in a big facility together so they are synced.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Poohs Packin posted:

Edit: also youre all queers

hell of a way to find out, but glad I decided to read this thread I guess. I've got some calls to make

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Code Jockey posted:

hell of a way to find out, but glad I decided to read this thread I guess. I've got some calls to make

Tell them the wisest human sent you

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
very compelling op I am going to Like and Subscribe

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

please god let the op be a true spastic and not some lame pretender

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Your satellite is so fat they call it satelheavy

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm visualising a bird's nest on top of OP's head and birds flying all around his fevered bean like satellites orbitting the planet Nutter.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Rotational frame-dragging (the Lense–Thirring effect) appears in the general principle of relativity and similar theories in the vicinity of rotating massive objects. Under the Lense–Thirring effect, the frame of reference in which a clock ticks the fastest is one which is revolving around the object as viewed by a distant observer. This also means that light traveling in the direction of rotation of the object will move past the massive object faster than light moving against the rotation, as seen by a distant observer. It is now the best known frame-dragging effect, partly thanks to the Gravity Probe B experiment. Qualitatively, frame-dragging can be viewed as the gravitational analog of electromagnetic induction.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
This is a lunatic thread

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Time isn't real you dumbass!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

Time isn't real you dumbass!!!

What about the song that says "I had the time of my life..." Are you telling me that the song was lying to me

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I always get satellites and satellctites mixed up.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
a broken clock is right once a day if we subscribe to the military time ergo the only way to have a fully accurate watch (to the minute, at least) is to compose a clock made up of 1440 individual broken clocks each stopped at a different hour and minute

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

What about the song that says "I had the time of my life..." Are you telling me that the song was lying to me

That doesn't sound like any song i've ever heard about and I've heard every song there is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Mooey Cow posted:

That doesn't sound like any song i've ever heard about and I've heard every song there is

WTF man, go back and listen to all the songs again cause it’s definitely in there.