Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker

nut posted:

thank u falafel and also thank u swr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Thanks Fal-Pal! And if I ever accidentally turn an old jeep upside down, I hope our new IK SweetWillyRollbar will be there to save me!

Twenty Four

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Congrats to SWR, whatever it stands for!

I might be totally off, but I always figured the name meant...

This was the "Willys"! It was the first "Jeep" taking the name later, very versatile, and first mass produced 4WD vehicle!

The thing on the back sticking up in the picture is called a "roll bar", which is there to save you if you accidentally roll your vehicle over, being an off road vehicle.

The roll bar was not standard, but sometimes was added on later because the thing had no roof, and the roll bar can keep you from crushing your head if you end up upside down.

And that's pretty sweet, and so is our resident poster SweetWillyRollbar!

I might be totally wrong about one of my favorite poster's name, but that's what I always got from it!

Either way...

Twenty Four posted:

if I ever accidentally turn an old jeep upside down, I hope our new IK SweetWillyRollbar will be there to save me!

cruft

Twenty Four posted:

I might be totally off, but I always figured the name meant...

This was the "Willys"! It was the first "Jeep" taking the name later, very versatile, and first mass produced 4WD vehicle!

The thing on the back sticking up in the picture is called a "roll bar", which is there to save you if you accidentally roll your vehicle over, being an off road vehicle.

The roll bar was not standard, but sometimes was added on later because the thing had no roof, and the roll bar can keep you from crushing your head if you end up upside down.

And that's pretty sweet, and so is our resident poster SweetWillyRollbar!

I might be totally wrong about one of my favorite poster's name, but that's what I always got from it!

Either way...

This is this kind of post I personally love to read. Knew about rollbars, didn't know about Willys. Thanks!

Twenty Four

cruft posted:

This is this kind of post I personally love to read. Knew about rollbars, didn't know about Willys. Thanks!

:hfive: but i still could totally be wrong about my friend and our current IK's name!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Iirc it's a reference to the Melvins, before they all died and never became terrible people

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Iirc it's a reference to the Melvins, before they all died and never became terrible people

Yeah, it's a Melvins song, which is possibly a reference to what you're talking about

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Sweetimus Willjamin Rollbarrion the Fourth.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Yeah, it's a Melvins song, which is possibly a reference to what you're talking about

It is.

cruft

Well, I went to YouTube hoping there was some cool song about Cruft, and I found that there's some company name Crufts that sponsors dog agility competitions.

Since this was a really nice surprise find I'll link one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQwcCaAAuRc

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Well, I went to YouTube hoping there was some cool song about Cruft, and I found that there's some company name Crufts that sponsors dog agility competitions.

Since this was a really nice surprise find I'll link one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQwcCaAAuRc

Crufts sponsored my old dog, Siouxsie, in a competition. It was cool, she had a green vest. Siouxsie was Best Dog Ever.

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

Crufts sponsored my old dog, Siouxsie, in a competition. It was cool, she had a green vest. Siouxsie was Best Dog Ever.

OMG did you call the rest of your dogs the banshees?

cruft

Still seeing "standing wave ratio".

I don't remember anymore who it was that changed my brain to see this but whoever you are, I still resent you.

I'll post a really lousy, but exciting to me, 6h probe pigre in a few hours. I hope everybody is excited to see it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

OMG did you call the rest of your dogs the banshees?

Lmao the cats were The Banshees. They were Milo and Eloise, and Eloise's sole surviving kitten, Monkey. Monkey is an odd cat. All the others have since passed, but my kid still has Monkey. He likes to be carried upside down.

Twenty Four

Sounds right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

I am going to do this for you. Once I'm in front of a computer. Also, does anyone have the gif of that on hand?

I have an idea for a thread that I'm going to post soon.

Yay yay yay! Thank you very much.

Signature lovingly crafted by Jinh.