Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

alnilam posted:

Now is as good a time as any to tell you that when people call you SWR i always think of Standing Wave Ratio bc i am nerd

I was reading SweetWillyRollbar until this loving post, and now I consistently read Standing Wave Ratio.

I hate you so much right now, alnilam 😘

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Twenty Four posted:

I might be totally off, but I always figured the name meant...

This was the "Willys"! It was the first "Jeep" taking the name later, very versatile, and first mass produced 4WD vehicle!

The thing on the back sticking up in the picture is called a "roll bar", which is there to save you if you accidentally roll your vehicle over, being an off road vehicle.

The roll bar was not standard, but sometimes was added on later because the thing had no roof, and the roll bar can keep you from crushing your head if you end up upside down.

And that's pretty sweet, and so is our resident poster SweetWillyRollbar!

I might be totally wrong about one of my favorite poster's name, but that's what I always got from it!

Either way...

This is this kind of post I personally love to read. Knew about rollbars, didn't know about Willys. Thanks!

cruft

Well, I went to YouTube hoping there was some cool song about Cruft, and I found that there's some company name Crufts that sponsors dog agility competitions.

Since this was a really nice surprise find I'll link one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQwcCaAAuRc

cruft

Teddy Thunders posted:

Crufts sponsored my old dog, Siouxsie, in a competition. It was cool, she had a green vest. Siouxsie was Best Dog Ever.

OMG did you call the rest of your dogs the banshees?

cruft

Still seeing "standing wave ratio".

I don't remember anymore who it was that changed my brain to see this but whoever you are, I still resent you.

I'll post a really lousy, but exciting to me, 6h probe pigre in a few hours. I hope everybody is excited to see it.