Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shitposting 24/7 without regrets. my parents would be proud.

StashAugustine posted:

Death of the author and all but I often wonder exactly how full of poo poo Kreia was intended to be

yeah. thats my thought too, like the game goes out of its way to make her look like the smartest person in the room and she is basically space libertarians nihilist. like she is right that both idiologies are broken as gently caress but her liberterian thing of "well helping people only hurts them and all strength must be from youself alone" rubbed me the wrong way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

KOTOR 2 is one of the best Star Wars stories ever written but I can never forgive it for spawning a generation of idiots who thought its message was "You should just pick the best stuff from Light and Dark and follow your own beliefs instead of do8ng Jedi OR Sith, bing bong so simple setting forever solved by Grey Jedi," because they weren't smart enough to understand it

yeah. like the dark side is kinda of one way street even if your just dabbling and both games kinda show that pretty well. you either end up using it as a hosed up crutch and become an addict or you end getting trapped in the dark side game of thrones.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i was always annoyed how TOR ruined revan by making him get brainwashed by emperor snoke or viete or whatever his name was so he would be a vanguard. i always liked revan as some who believed way to hard in the ends justify the means type and he sees the jedi as a bunch of moral cowards and letter sticklers so he goes and does all the hosed up hard poo poo and through war and atrocities both witnessed and committed he slowly turns away from the light. then he becomes obssed with finding future threats and than finds the grand daddy of them, that should push him to the fall fully and he basicaly takes up the sith mantle to build a greater force against the threat. instead of "he went and the sith man brainwashed him"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

i made a thread about how that game is cool but also kinda sucks but nobody posted in it because nobody plays that game any more

is it fun to just make a character or two and than gently caress around or what?

Who What Now posted:

Bottom row asian-Revan giving some real bedroom eyes

bottom row black revan looks scared. i always picked bottom third from the left white bread revan

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Up Circle posted:

Nihlus gets done the dirtiest of the villains by the obvious deadline and budget issues. Fetch quests are over, His ship just shows up, time for a bunch of disconnected fight scenes on taris or whatever, oh now you kill him on his ship and somehow canderous gets more lines of dialogue than anyone else in that whole sequence. Even the early plot points with Visas feel pretty disjointed and weird. Everything about nihlus needed a little more time in the oven I think.

Meanwhile, Sion is almost totally irrelevant to the bigger plot and to Kreia's force wound plan but we know all about his mommy issues and why he had to be a sith lord because kreia didn't hug him enough, and he is constantly showing up like the Exile's nemesis.

i weirdly like sion. dudes sad gently caress who keeps himself alive on hate and desperation for validation from mentor who views him a force welfare leech so he basicaly

also isnt nihlus just a force vampire/blackhole? like he just drains everything around him slowly.