Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Kreia's thoughts are like this bit from Interface:

quote:

I asked him about these changes. He said that the chemical allowed him to see the mind of God. Naturally, I asked for elaboration. At this, he launched into a rather overworked simile involving a broken mirror, then switched to another simile using a spider's web, neither of which made any sense to me. I informed him that I was a practical man and had little use for philosophy. He told me that after taking the chemical many times, he had become possessed of two minds: his own and that of God. In all his doings, he was conscious of God's intentions, of God's plan for all human life. I asked him if he was following God's plan, and he said he was not following it entirely.

"I am wrestling with God," he said cryptically.

"How does one wrestle with God? Isn't he all powerful?"

"When God presses forward, you must yield or be destroyed. And when God yields, you must press forward."

"That sounds more like dancing than wrestling. Or making love," I said with a snort.

He smiled. "Yes, it is... Except that dancing is not so painful."

"Why wrestle at all? If God is God, and you know his plan, why not simply follow it? Surely this is the best course."

"Yes, but I cannot bring myself to," he said. For the first time, I saw the peaceful expression flee from his face to be replaced by a unsettling dread that trembled in his eyes.

"God's plan... is simply too awful."

Kreia thinks she can see the Force's plan and she doesn't like what she sees.

One thing to keep in mind is that Kreia doesn't like many things and explicitly dislikes many things we think are good.

The Force may have an overarching vision. Kreia's clairvoyance suggests she's on to something. But just because Kreia doesn't like what she sees doesn't mean we have to dislike what she sees or that what she sees is actually "bad".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Given the phallic nature of the iconic lightsabers, the yonic wound in the force isn't a negation of what has been previously established but a different way of expressing the force.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I installed the KOTOR 2 restoration thing wrong so I just replayed KOTOR2.

It was good. I played KOTOR as a sort of Jedi fundamentalist -- very much a Jedi but just a pinch onto the dark side of the force-o-meter. Like Juhani. Master Yoda said, "Once you go to the dark side, you can never return". Maybe there is a similar strain that that time, maybe Yoda was just paraphrasing something my character said. Anyway, she's dead. That kind of thing.

There were also some gloves that gave some advantage that I really wanted at the time. There was a nice RP angle where they were corrupting me. Once the reveal hit, I felt prescient because while my Revan was a Jedi, him embracing Sith ideology would be an easy jump from there he was. Let his pragmatism edge out over his love for being a Jedi a few times and boom. Running an Empire because he could do it better.

That hosed me in my first KOTOR2 run because I wasn't specialized so I didn't get a prestige class, missed out on a lot of dialogue and relationships and the whole end was even more muddled than it already is.

A proper min/max playthrough was more interesting.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Granted, it's Kreia saying that. She says that about all of her pupils: the character in KOTOR2, Revan, Nihilus.
Nihilus clearly shows volition when he is torturing the blind woman and he talks then too. The most developed character we see, Sion, is also very much a "force of nature" but also a person. It's just turned inward instead of outward.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I'd like to see a version of Kreia where she is Bane from Harley Quinn.

"Behold my latest creation, a wound in the force. Less a man and more a force of nature! I give you Revan!"

"Behold my latest creation, a wound in the force. Less a man and more a force of nature! I give you Sion!"

"Behold my latest creation, a wound in the force. Less a man and more a force of nature! I give you Nihilus!"

"Behold my latest creation, a wound in the force. Less a man and more a force of nature! I give you KOTOR2 Protagonist!"

"Behold my latest creation, a wound in the force. Less a man and more a force of nature! I give you Treya 2.0!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
The plot was serviceable. Death of Taris + Macguffin is fine. Any one of the planets could be expanded upon. The game does a lot with mood and tone that makes it way more than the sum of its parts. It does an effective job withholding information making the world feel larger without cheating the player or having the withheld knowledge make people out for chumps.