Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Defiance Industries posted:

Personally I've always seen Kreia's goal as a metacommentary mostly analogous to G0-T0 criticizing you for thinking that because you killed Darth Malak, everything would magically fix itself. KotOR2 came out in 2004, between Episodes 2 and 3. There's definitely something pointed to making a story about how relying on the force makes you weaker as a person at the same time George Lucas is giving Palpatine the power to make our heroes dumber. Like she's saying "dude if you just magic your way out of every writing problem, you become a bad writer."
I feel that's a little undercut by the game co-starring, in no particular order, a Force Vampire, a Force Zombie, and a Force Black Hole, each being ridiculously powerful in their own way. I've always found that far too Kevin J. Anderson-esque for my liking.

Anyway, as far as Kreia is concerned, she's just a way for Avellone to gripe about Christian theology and Calvinism in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Well the new story FP is good and hit me square in the nostalgia so now I'm all horny for the rumoured KotOR remake THANKS Obama BIOWARE