Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm sorry, everyone.

What can you tell me about me testing negative for medication I take (Norco) even though I use it as prescribed? I occasionally get drug screened (I guess) so that the doctor knows I'm actually eating it and not selling it but on a couple of occasions they've said the levels were low or not present at all, which is loving impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm sorry, everyone.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Do you know if it a GCMS negative or did they just do the immunoassay and not send it out after a negative test there? If it was a GCMS and you have the results handy Iíll PM you my email and I can take a look. Iím guessing itís likely a metabolism thing, some people clear opioid metabolites crazy fast, especially if itís a lower dose or youíre a smaller person.

I don't know about specifics or have the results. It was Labcorp if that helps. If it happens again, I'll request them but I think they'll cut me off if it does. It doesn't happen every time and there's no consistency to it.

I have always had an insane metabolism and can remain quite thin despite eating anything and everything I want to so yeah. I don't know if 10 - 20 mg a day is high or low. Such a weird place to find myself though, trying to prove that I am, in fact, taking drugs. Typically, it's been the other way around.

Thing is I showed them my pills and asked the obvious question: If I KNOW I'm taking a drug test and can schedule it at my convenience, don't you think I'd be smart enough to eat a few of these before I took it?

I don't know what the gently caress else to do but I don't think they believe me and am sure they've heard it all. Only thing I can think of is to eat MORE before a test but gently caress that. I don't really like taking them as it is.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm sorry, everyone.

shirunei posted:

Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat but this has been answered by medical professional goons several times in regards to your issues. You seem to be unwilling to follow their advice so I am perplexed that you are still continually asking the same questions when you have ZERO follow though by yourself. Like we aren't your personal doctor at your beck and call, if you don't wish to follow some basic instructions then constantly asking the same questions would indicate insanity to me.

WTF are you talking about? I posted about this in the TCC drug testing thread and got medical feedback from one person (?). Good on you for assuming I'm not being proactive for having the same weird issue though. How do you know wtf I've done?

This other guy posted a thread in a different forum so I figured I'd ask him and his PM was quite helpful, unlike this insulting post you made. Not sure what your loving problem is about me asking about drug testing issues in the two drug testing threads that I'm aware of and nothing has helped but sorry to rub you wrong . Maybe it's the same person and I didn't realize it.

drat, man. Hopefully I didn't post any questions about movies, science, politics or games across more than one thread or anything that might also detract from your Something Awful forums experience. If my regular doctor was any help (and not specific my problem), maybe I'd ask him instead of the guy that posted an ASK/TELL thread inviting drug test questions.

Thank you, Ugly in the Morning for your kindness and help.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm sorry, everyone.

I spend about half my time in MA where it is legal- the issue with it being on the state level is that recreational use is still something that can get you fired. Amazon did lose a case firing someone who had a medical card, though, and I feel like that is the entry to state level recreational use being used for MROs to make the weed test negative. I really hope it does.

And sorry for the double post but since this is unrelated and came up, I'm very curious about this myself.

I've been wanting to get a marijuana medical card here in FL and not take what I've been taking but I've heard different things about what employers can and cannot do if you test positive for THC even WITH a prescription. Knowing Florida as a Right to Work State, I imagine it's up to the company.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm sorry, everyone.

Employment tests are basically always for active impairment. You see metabolites (AKA the 80-hour test) in parole/probation/DCFS tests which are something I donít really deal in.

After a while you get to notice the difference between the ďfew too manyĒ and the ďdrank before they came inísĒ. Construction also tees heavy drinkers up for the few too many issue with the hours- if youíre working 7-7, and then get blasted after work, you easily, easily can come in at a .04 the next day. The cutoff is .02, so itís easier to come in over that from overdoing it than if it was .08. .040-.050 was my most common positive reading by far in 2019 and I think that held up for 2020 but I havenít crunched those numbers yet.

Interesting.

I think that's my biggest bugaboo with testing for weed as well. That there's no way to differentiate between someone who smoked over the weekend and someone who got high before or during a shift. My understanding of the matter is that even if you have a legit medical marijuana card, you can still get clipped from your job at the employer's discretion but I expect more challenges to that as we move forward and as MM becomes more commonplace and mainstream.

I don't typically work in areas where safety is a huge concern but do sometimes run large cutters, plotters and flatbed printers. Most of my work is in Adobe CS and the only thing I might crash is my hard drive but my last boss randomed everyone and called weed "garbage". Just seems hosed up that if you have a legal script for, say, Xanax, pain medicine or pot that a company can deny you employment at their sole judgement but I think it varies by state.

Like, what if you take an anti seizure medicine (like my son does) or have manic, anxiety or depression issues and some HR manager decides he doesn't want to hire people with epilepsy, bipolar disorder or arthritis? What if you took birth control or legally prescribed steroids and some person didn't like it? Seems like it's a wide open discrimination case to me.

This is a cool thread.