Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

At that point I thought you were going to be the lunch so the post where you’d theoretically claim if you were going to be lunched - at the time I thought your forgetting to do so was scummy.

I'm not sure I understand. If I'm scum, about to get lunched, then I can't "forget" to claim, because I'm not actually a town PR.

I got the same rolefishy vibe RF did, to be honest -- it read to me that you thought it was a soft claim, and wanted me to either full-on claim or state categorically that I was vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I have never played with RWC before (I don't think? RWC if we were in a game together and I'm misremembering, my apologies.)

Do they often make unorthodox moves?

I'm okay with people being a little squirrelly with info on d2 -- I assumed more would be explained later and filed it away.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

SiV who do you think is scum? You’ve shaded Hal, calling his vote on you scummier than sands. You have the one post on rhyme. Other than that you are just going back and forth with sand.

I’m starting to think I might want to vote you over Hal right now.

I'm a tutor. I work Saturday mornings. I just finished for the day.

I'm not feeling anybody strongly enough to vote just yet. I will be here until deadline. Catching up.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm not sure I understand. If I'm scum, about to get lunched, then I can't "forget" to claim, because I'm not actually a town PR.

I got the same rolefishy vibe RF did, to be honest -- it read to me that you thought it was a soft claim, and wanted me to either full-on claim or state categorically that I was vanilla.

Sand you didn't answer this btw, but then I didn't exactly phrase it as a question. Can you elaborate?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To better elaborate:

I'm sus on Sand, mainly because he pushed hard against the OA swap, also for what felt like role fishing. But I'm undercutting that because A sand and I always think the other person is scum, literally every effing game, and B, some of what he did around EoD feels not quite like how scum would act, given OA's alignment.

I'm sus on Hal for being around but not participating much in the back and forth fray, other than a couple of lukewarm posts.

I'm sus on Cena for the back and forth at the end of d1, but weighing against that is that he ultimately went me over OA, and I have the advantage over you guys, in that I know I'm town.

I mentioned RWC but I was trying to logic out what his thinking is. I don't think he's scum.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

It just felt like if you were town about to be lunched you’d claim, the post you made felt like you had a claim to make but was purposefully not making it (like needing to verify whatever your fakeclaim would be, trying to stall until deadline). I interpreted that purposefully not claiming as an attempt at stalling or hoping you wouldn’t have to claim.

I don’t know what kind of silver you’re looking for in this mine, SiV, you keep coming back to me and I don’t know why. Even if it was a rolefish, does that make me scum? Do scum try and rolefish on the person that, at that point, looks like they’re going down?

It was teetering between me and OA at that time (I think?) so my reasoning when I looked back over it later was basically, in the scenario where you ARE scum, you'd want to nail down if that was a soft claim or not, because if it's going to be OA instead of me, at least you might get a town PR outed in exchange for losing your scumbro.

Esp if me saying that actually got momentum away from me, which it seemed to.

I get squirrelly around role fishing, probably because when I'm scum I am way focused on trying to piece together town PRs to kill.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Because I think Voodoo’s thinking here is stuck in old SA Mafia thinking, so while he’s acting scummy to me rn, I think he’s acting in accordance with what I would expect from Voodoo if that makes sense. I dunno. I’d vote Voodoo but I’d much rather kill Cena\

Btw sand I don't actually think you are scum rn. I keep thinking I have reasons to think you are but keep going back to just gut check not believing it.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

For future reference Cena’s vote just moved plurality for SiV to Obama with 5 mins to go

Sandwolf posted:

This feels Real Bad but I don’t have a particularly townie read on Obama so I guess we’ll see!!

Grandicap posted:

This feels like you know OA's going to flip town.

Sandwolf posted:

That’s dumb because it should instead read like: “look who is causing the absolute last minute plurality leader change”

Basically it's this chunk that makes me think it's not Sand. If OA had flipped town, I could see either town-Sand noting for posterity that Cena had swerved or scum-Sand wanting credit for calling OA as town ... But I feel like the tone is wrong for if this was scum Sand fighting to keep scum OA alive.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I’m p sure you’re town if that’s any consolation! Am a little confused by your focus on me though, especially if you’re getting light town feelings from me

Basically I feel like I can point to like a few different things that feel like on paper they should be "see? Yup, he's scum" but my gut is leaning away from it because of more intangible things like your phrasing at EoD.

So I've been asking you questions to try to get a better sense of which way is which, but I just keep confusing myself.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Sand and SiV what are your thoughts on Hal. Going back and forth on him right now. I’m building our office right now so just checking in from time to time but I always find Hal scummy so would like a gut check.

Goes for anyone else too.

I'm p sure I called out Hal for being wishy washy at one point, lemme see if I can find it

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Man this deadline sucks for me

Personally don’t like siv’s posting, especially considering they accused me of forcing content earlier, kinda hypocritical. sandwolf in the other hand prods people, that’s what he does, doesn’t read town or scum to me.

Voodoo’s list seems pretty lazy I’d agree, doesn’t really say anything, no reads at all just ‘I’d vote were other people are voting’

##vote siv

JOHN CENA posted:

my list is even lazier why do i get a pass

Retro Futurist posted:

Hmm ##vote obama Don't like that post and it's their only game related one

spacing in vienna posted:

Because I'm the vote leader and Obama is hoping no one notices him band wagoning

So while I'm looking for the Hal thing: this makes me lean more town on Cena. It's possible that RF would have called out that post even without Cena doing so, but that was the start of the push on OA, and you'd think a scumbro wouldn't put a flashing arrow on the "wow your post was scummy" quite so much

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Insandenza posted:

I do think voodooflys list is a bit weird as well, but it isnt like he is saying they are all scum together (I don't think anyway)

Time stamp: 13:13. Also I really don't like this post of Hal's, it's semi defending Voodoo and semi not

Time stamp: 13:13 and I'm not sure what the arrrgh was in reference to actually

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Man this deadline sucks for me

Personally don’t like siv’s posting, especially considering they accused me of forcing content earlier, kinda hypocritical. sandwolf in the other hand prods people, that’s what he does, doesn’t read town or scum to me.

Voodoo’s list seems pretty lazy I’d agree, doesn’t really say anything, no reads at all just ‘I’d vote were other people are voting’

##vote siv

Time stamp: 13:22

And then Hal doesn't post again until D2.

It's possible he logged off or got distracted. It's also possible he didn't really have any opinion one way or the other, but you'd think he'd want to say something about the huge momentum shift going back and forth. It's also possible he was scum holding his breath hoping OA would emerge unscathed.

I'm a little sus of anyone not voting at EoD, as I can see scum hanging back and hoping things swing the right way instead of being obvious and jumping in to push. But Hal going radio silent, I don't like.

##vote Hal

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Insandenza posted:

Casting suspicion on someone for not being around at 1pm on a weekday is pretty loving weak I must say

It wasn't "how dare you not be on" -- I don't have any access when I'm at work and poo poo happens. What I was pointing out was, you were just active and posting nine minutes before the Obama thing happened, and hadn't said anything outright like "btw might not be here for deadline," so it's possible that work got crazy, but it's also possible you ducked out.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Idle Amalgam posted:

That obama opinions/vote does look pretty curious

wowwwww this is a nothingburger

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Insandenza posted:

Was it that close? Anyway I had no idea it was almost deadline or I would have made an effort to be there

That's what I was time stamping, sorry, I should have made that more clear. Your post was like two or three above Obama's that started the whole shebang, yours at 13:13 and his 13:22. That's why I thought you might have still been around.

Even at that, not cool of me to speculate why someone dips out of the thread, so my bad on that one.

I can buy you didn't realize it was deadline -- it was something like 1:39 pm? I think it's 2:50 today.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
##vote IA

for that gross nothing burger, which reeks of "hmmm, let's not defend OR attack the scum bro, but rather act as though we are participating"

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Just going to say same thing happened with me. I got a work call probably five minutes before OA showed up and the call ended after deadline had passed. I didn’t say anything about not being here for deadline and my Cena vote I actively called a placeholder.

I don’t see Hal lying about not being around.

Hell CCK said he was around for all of it but didn’t vote.

I need to look at CCK for like the 5th time.

Yeah in introspect I'm sorry I raised this -- as someone with zero access during work, I get being called away / unavailable.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is Tina the one who fucks the corpse?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey, guys, do you know what would be great? If people started giving reasoning for their cases, instead of just naming names.

(Toalpaz exempted -- they cased Rhymes d2, I'm assuming this is a continuation)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Electrical.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Your turn.

I can give thoughts. I don't have a full out case on anyone yet. The people slamming down naked votes are unnerving me. If you feel strongly enough to vote, surely you have a sentence or two about why.

(The you here not being you, Voodoo. Although: is your vote on Keane a policy vote, for his lack of voting, or do you think it makes him scum?)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

i have a big shift today so I'll ask now: rhymes with pew, why did you self visit last night?

What the gently caress

Sandwolf posted:

lol this is not a townie use of this power

SW speaks the truth

Considering the types of roles that self target, this is insane.

Can't tell if bad town play or weird scum manuever

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

wonder if sandwolf decides ia should claim at this point

wonder if i mysteriously get murdered 2nite for pointing this out like the last guy that did so...LMAO jk

What was with this post btw?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

he was trying to accuse me of doing the NK I think?

The second para, yeah, but the first one is confusing.

You didn't ask me to claim so much as tried to see if I was soft claiming.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fffff I'm trying to think of a way to ask for clarification that doesn't role fish but I'm not sure there is one.

The best I can find is: did you actively choose a target last night, one that was not yourself?

A "no" could imply a passive selection role or VT, but unfortunately "yes" can only mean a town PR, so if anyone's got a better question?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Better idea. Cena, since you've outed yourself as a PR, can you full claim? You should have more than one target.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Unless I’m mistake. In all this we have a direct lie between Cena and rhymes.

Yes I know there could be a bus driver or something but at this point I do want rhymes to answer something, even if he tells us to gently caress off and stop asking.

Yeah, I don't know if I buy there being a bus driver and a role blocker on a scum team this small. Esp since that implies a power-heavy town, and all the townies so far has flipped vanilla.

Cena, pretend I have a head injury here and just kind of hint me in the right direction?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Grammar edit: *have

Ugh I changed the sentence and now it's got an error booo

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

JC I'm going to be fishing with dynamite soon.

never expected this link to be relevant

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, now we're targeting rwc for lurking? Because again: people have real lives. If they're not posting today, and don't come back tomorrow, we can use a free dunk on them then.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress a lot happened, lemme catch up wtf

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Just vote Cena and if he flips town watcher we can figure out wtf with Clue and then probably lunch Grandicap okay GO

You're a better player than this, Sand.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

its a fact that in order for the jc to be scum jc would also be scum hammering scum bruh.

Okay, but that's a thing that has happened and will happen. Scum vote scum. Scum hammer scum. Usually so they can go "what? I'm definitely town. Why else would I hammer scum?"

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

There is a difference between having real lives, not being around for deadlines, etc., and then just not being active in the thread at all and having nothing to go on.

For me, RWC hasn't posted enough for me to make an alignment call. I don't want that sort of post history making it late into the game, no more no less.

I'd still rather vote Toap though. Passing off their vote on OA as a real vote is the scummiest thing I've seen.

I'm with you on not wanting rwc in late game if they continue to fail to appear. Hence the free dunk tomorrow. But it seems a weird place for votes to coalesce today.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

do any of Rhymes posts from yesterday feel like townie posts SiV?

Rhymes said this is their third game. The bit about "how would I know if I were redirected?" sounded like legit newbie confusion.

Has rhymes posted elsewhere on sa since their last post here?

Voodoofly posted:

What about Toalp?

Toalp sounds incredibly frustrated, which by itself could go either way. I don't like some of the arguments they're making, such as "but as scum I would not have done X," or the fact that they're mischaracterizing JC pretty hard for his stunt. I'm probably voting there, taking a few to look back over and see if there's anyone else I'd rather.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

okay well you're not voting anyone SiV and frankly I can't say who you think is scummy so boy is it weird for you to poopoo this vote without any alternative even in mind

You know me. I don't usually vote until late day unless something strikes me. I get poo poo for it a lot.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

Free dunk?

Oh is this the lurker rules stuff? Let me look at those again, they didn't exist when I was really playing.

Yeah sorry! If they posted <10 today, mod will announce tomorrow that they are fair game, can be executed without ending the day.

I forget who is a freebie today lemme go check

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

yah yah yah but that's not this, if I gave you a gun who would you shoot

Oh, probably toalp right now. I thought I said that? Possibly replying to voodoo? I don't like your posts on the past page or so but I'm okay on you otherwise.

I'm reluctant to think it could be grandi but honestly that's probably invisible mason bias, because our invisible masonry has been lit y'all

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Voodoofly posted:

You still haven't voted this game. I'd vote you too.

I don't want to, but I will.

It's going to be like the ending of T2.

I'm actually leaning to thinking Keane can't vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I'm quite suspicious of Grandi but feel like you can suss him out there if need be. Has Grandi been genuinely talkative? Bringing forth his own opinions instead of just reacting to yours?

It's not really what he says. It's more how comfortable the silence is, you know? Those times when you don't need to say anything because you know you are simpatico.