Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm constitutionally obligated to play this game, however I am going to be farting around a lot so I don't get worked up.

So I'm saying it here, so I can quote this post during the game later, "yes I am just dicking around a bunch, but I'm still right."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm going to subtly donut crumb my role so nobody with be able to guess it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway it's Retrofuturist.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Keane claiming cop wtf

I did not such thing, but if I were a cop, I'd ask you to mind your Ps and Ds since I'd be trying to be sneaky about it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I can't believe sandwolf is BADGEring me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Sounds like a pretty op role

It's so op it's op twice.

That's right, it's po op.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I agree that Grandicap is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Only in my heart Keane.

You know what heart rhymes with? Fart.

And that's because your story STINKS.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Is this a new thing Toal, the first post vote thing?
I know I got up someone's craw about it a game not terribly long past. Was it you? I don't think it was you.

Anyway I wasn't really joking too much about Grand being scum this is a bad post, if Parappa the Rappa saw this post he'd say "you're posting bad!" and then idk fold himself into a boat and sadly float down a gentle stream.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

There once was a poet on something awful,
Who used to consider himself lawful
But now he breaks rhyme schemes,
And posts terrible memes,
All in all he's just a troll.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

*walks in, all alive and normal, wearing sunglasses, supported by two super good friends*

AHHHHHHH

Oooo look at me I'm Sandwolf I have friends I can lean on for support and sunglasses I'm super cool ooooo.

That's basically what you sound like right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

CCK do you need a friend? I can be a friend. I can support you. I can even accompany you to a sunglasses shop.

As long as you promise no more poetry.

How do you feel about spoken word albums?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

Who is scum?

No, they're on first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Weekend at Bernie's is funny, but Weekend at Bernie's 2 is a goddamn testament to the human spirit.

Imagine that you are a producer, and you have a modestly successful film with a one joke premise where the titular character dies in the first fifteen minutes, and you have the courage to make a sequel.

It's like the moon landing. As a species, we imagined it, we did it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

spacing in vienna posted:

RF that is a drat Goode Dog

And I was voting Obama for being all "look, I'm participating" but that's a fantastic cat so I'm going to have to switch my vote to

##vote Sandwolf

for the epic crime of hating kitties.

click here because I keep screwing up the embed

Hmmmmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Vig: Every single poster in this game except for me, including (especially), CapPig.
Mason: Myself
Cop: why bother copping anybody, I've already vigged them all.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Idle Amalgam posted:

TBF Bernie lived for about 30 minutes until he got the fatal shot in the rear end.

He was dead on the inside once he realized his scheme was revealed.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

So who are we throwing to the volcano gods today?

Grandi hates dogs but also hates people calling dogs monsters.
Hal called a dog a monster.
I'm sure some other people have done some things too but let's be real there are two of the scum sitting right in front of us.

Yeah grandis reaction to toal felt defensive and self aware to me, also gut call on siv for her last post but I feel like I've been wrong there a number of times before so it's meaningless, just like all of Bernie's material wealth in the face of being cursed a restless unlife.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

If you prefer traditionally cute dogs my partners dog also tolerates me

This dog is looking like you've been talking about star wars novels for 20 straight minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

im so sorry i forgot to bookmark the thread and out of sight out of mind happened. ill be back in a few hours when i get home to read it

I do not forgive you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I didn't realize deadline was this afternoon. My vote is sitting on Hal because of his puppy monster comment, so that's not where I'd really like to go.
I'm probably leaning sandwolf right now because I think the push he is manifesting on SiV is coming from a scummy perspective.

Actually, his mason vig cop post is pretty suspect too

No actual alignment calls, trying to make it appear as if he is driving content, but it is a white noise post. The vig and cop bit are supposed to be your scum leans, but both of them for Sandwolf are not because of suspicion but from a null read PoV.

And him calling out Keane for his cop breadcrumb too. Doesn't matter if Keane was doing a gag or not, drawing attention to it is anti-town.

##vote Sandwolf

LMAO get him Grandicap!!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I didn't realize deadline was this afternoon. My vote is sitting on Hal because of his puppy monster comment, so that's not where I'd really like to go.
I'm probably leaning sandwolf right now because I think the push he is manifesting on SiV is coming from a scummy perspective.

Actually, his mason vig cop post is pretty suspect too

No actual alignment calls, trying to make it appear as if he is driving content, but it is a white noise post. The vig and cop bit are supposed to be your scum leans, but both of them for Sandwolf are not because of suspicion but from a null read PoV.

And him calling out Keane for his cop breadcrumb too. Doesn't matter if Keane was doing a gag or not, drawing attention to it is anti-town.

##vote Sandwolf

My vote is sitting on Hal. Anyway, time to vote Sandwolf.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

also going to personally say 'you're welcome' to the scumteam for pointing out Keane's very legit cop-claim, I know you dumb loving morons wouldn't have seen it if I didn't point it out, so, you owe me one

I never claimed cop, wow you're reading a lot into my posts. It's not like I said, and this is an example of what I didn't say, "Ignore my previous statements, I am the cop, the cop with investigation powers, in this game of weekend at Bernie's mafia, don't let me weasel out of this, I am an officer of the law."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Do we know how ties work in this game? I know how I used to run tiebreaks in plurality but no idea if there is a standard view.

Still not home so posting will be short. Right now my preference of voted folk would be Cena / Grand / SiV / Sand but honestly there isn’t much difference between them.

This feels weird because the arguments for each of these four feel substantially different from each other.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Is it Sandwolf and Voodoofly? Hmmmmm.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Retro Futurist is town, guys.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Credit to me for getting a work call and missing the deadline!!! I probably would have messed that up and voted SiV.

I can act like you did this of you want.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

I don't think you need my permission.

I've also typed out like two different responses here but as I wrote them and looked at the people's posts I was initially finding scummy I sort of convinced myself otherwise. If it matters I was initially going to prod you on supporting Grandi but sort of convinced myself I was ok with his vote now.

Second was something about the numerous people who said they would vote me but I never got a vote but honestly that feels like it's me just tunneling in on my own name and I don't know if there is anything of substance there.

So yep back to zero and presume away, it's better than the cases I was trying to look at right now.

I can't believe Voodoofly tried to vote "any town player, any of them, just execute town". And I'm even more shocked that CapPig allowed it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also this is a four day weekend for me so I'm going to alternate being completely useless and absolutely correct, like I was all the times I said "ObamaAkbar is scum!!!!"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm mod confirmed town, Toal.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

CCK who do you think is scum? You and I both missed the deadline but you didn't have a vote down. You agreed with Grandi's case on SiV, you started hinting that me and Sand were scum together, then you disappeared with (I think) SiV still in the lead even though Sand was -1 vote from her.

Oh I was here, I just didn't contribute.

I'm still feeling grand, I think grands reaction early day one felt off and grand coming in on an attack on John Cena feels opportunistic to me. Grand DID vote to execute ObamaAkbar though and that felt alright, especially since OA was a scum power role. RF was making some posts on Sandwolf and now he is dead. So there's that.

I also don't like your posts, tbh.

So talking through this, probably Sandwolf.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal, I received a PM, from the mod, confirming that I'm town. That's mod confirmed town. The mod confirmed, to a town player, that a player is town. It's very simple.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I’m gonna leave my vote where it is, I think. Would maybe switch to Voodoo, Obama here kinda feels like a last minute swing

Sandwolf posted:

This feels Real Bad but I don’t have a particularly townie read on Obama so I guess we’ll see!!

Sandwolf can you explain your thinking here more?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This two posts are extremely close to each other, like within a minute, so I think you were figuring out your own thoughts here, but I don't know if I get what you meant.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rhymes With Clue posted:

If by "decisive" you mean the one that wrapped it up, yes it was. SIV and OA were 4 apiece, when Cena moved his vote it changed to 3/5.

But in other respects itwas kind of waffling and seemed random and not particularly decisive.

What is wrong with a tie, anyway?

Sometimes I put them on too tight and it's uncomfortable. Much prefer just a t-shirt and jeans, myself.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

It just felt like the votes piled up on Obama really quickly, it kinda felt scum tryna change at eod. I was obviously wrong but the votes did come in really quickly

So what is with the "I don't have a townie read on ObamaAkbar" then?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Deadline is in 3 hours. I’m not going to pretend I have strong feelings on anyone.

In that sense I’m fine with my vote on grandi. I sort of agree with CCK that his early posts were a little forced. The biggest “scumtell” I could point to is saying he would cop himself as his posts are off. I know it’s a joke but there is some slight truth to scum players pay way more attention to how their own posts appear.

This is pretty weak, even for day 1, but it’s plurality. I don’t like voting players I’ve never played with d1 which is Obama, IA and rhymes. Of the rest nothing really stands out. I’m also happy to vote Cena. I believe he spaced on the game but at the same time no content is worth a d1 vote for me. I might swap after kid drop off.

Voodoofly can you elaborate on the "no content" here? It looks like before you made this post most of your content was dog related. How are you different from Cena?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I didn’t have any reason to believe them town, was merely stating that the quickness with which he was acquiring votes made me think he was town and the scum were trying to switch things.

Now literally everyone involved in those votes (except Cena imo) looks extremely good instead of bad

I feel like Cena could have pushed the vote off of OA though?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Voodoofly posted:

Do we know how ties work in this game? I know how I used to run tiebreaks in plurality but no idea if there is a standard view.

Still not home so posting will be short. Right now my preference of voted folk would be Cena / Grand / SiV / Sand but honestly there isn’t much difference between them.

So what changed your opinion on Sandwolf from this post to thinking you don't want to vote him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm still kinda suspicious of sand and I'm wondering where your change of heart comes from so I can see it.