Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I will bravely find all the scum. No, I will not share who they are with town. In fact I will mislead town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sus of everyone to have not posted yet at this time of day.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Oh yes. Need a new corpse here.

TOWN

Grandicap posted:

What's wrong with the old corpse?

SCUM

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I have never seen this movie

TOWN

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm sorry I voted
Plurality
It was so delicious and
Cold

TOWN

Hal Insandenza posted:

dhaes was the ee cummings of mafia

Man that was brutal to type with autocorrect on my phone

SCUM

Voodoofly posted:

Hello people.

I know I’ve seen Weekend at Bernies, but it was probably over 30 years ago. And it was probably the sequel where he is a voodoo zombie.

TOWN

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to subtly donut crumb my role so nobody with be able to guess it.

SCUM

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote grandicap

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

I have a distinct memory of fighting tooth and nail against the concept of making alignment calls off of people first posts and only their first posts.
I think it was Tom Tucker though, and I am also I am pretty sure I was scum that game.

That Toal post just gave me wicked deja vu and I was trying to place it.
I think I have, generically, but not the specific game.

It isn't uncommon for me to do stuff like this for fun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

It isn't uncommon for me to do stuff like this for fun.

I know because I meticulously looked over all my previous games to cultivate a convincing persona.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

scum shooketh

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i dont know a thing about weekend at bernards but i think we're all having a fun day 1 so that's great.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote OBAMAAKBAR

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This is a real vote. I only want my townies composed of enthusiastic killers.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I like your lil beasty RF.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Uuuh sorry I forgot about this game and the game I was running. Nice execution. wow!

Unhelpful post facto comment, spacing looks awkward unvoting and revoting there. My pick for scum off the vote is Keane. Sorry if it sounds like drivebyes but its mostly gut and keane's hmm noncommital playstyle that I kinda dislike.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Uuuh sorry I forgot about this game and the game I was running. Nice execution. wow!

Unhelpful post facto comment, spacing looks awkward unvoting and revoting there. My pick for scum off the vote is Keane. Sorry if it sounds like drivebyes but its mostly gut and keane's hmm noncommital playstyle that I kinda dislike.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Hmmmmmmmm

like this kind of stuff..... .. . .. . . . .. . it doesn't amount to anything but like, that's everything we do right. Just pinging me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think we should worry too too much about it, because sometimes lazy town hivemind just hits? :colbert:

Technically I am sympathetic to sandwolf, because I understand that kind of reluctance. But sandwolf could express that sentiment as town or scum easily so I don't think it matters. I think if I were to pick someone on the spacing vote I'd be torn between John CENA and Hal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Insandenza posted:

I dont like this post that much, it feels a bit of a made up response to Keane and not what Sandwolf was thinking when he made the original post

Speak of the devil and he shall appear :pensive:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Are you going to vote CCK, or anyone else for that matter?

I'd vote keane or hal! ##vote keane

I'm picking up something totally different then you with him, and Hal is taking his tact with Sandwolf.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Would rather not elaborate atm. Just saying, the vote is more pro-CCK than anti-Toalpaz.

this is baffling logic, to be honest. and goes against most voting conventions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Typically arguments are made like this:

X person is scum, I will vote x to vote out scum.

X person is scum for these reasons.

Arguments are not usually made like this:

Y person is town, x is voting town, I will vote x to vote out player voting town.

Y and x are at -5 one day from deadline, I will vote x because I believe y is town.

The first set of arguments make one guess. They guess that a player is scum and offer reasons to support it.

The second set of arguments makes two guesses. They guess that a player is town, and also that the player voting that first player is malicious in their intentions, and actually scum. This is what has to be argued in order for a vote on player two to make sense. If they guess that a player is town then they also should offer reasons for it, and otherwise it is fair to assume they're scum too comfy with the player list.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Would rather not elaborate atm. Just saying, the vote is more pro-CCK than anti-Toalpaz.

Rhymes with Clue may be guessing Keane is town because they're scum and alignment doesn't matter to them. What is being implied with this quote is that Keane is not scum. But Toalpaz might not be scum. Either way I don't think clue makes a strong call here concerning my maliciousness.

Which is problematic, because town could easily be voting Keane.

Because I have to assume that Rhymes with Clue isn't genuinely scum hunting at this point, so I will vote Rhymes with Clue.

##vote rhymes with clue

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idk i think that it isn't pro town the way that it was argued.

You don't play cop by voting people who vote someone you investigated town etc etc.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I liked my argument but no one cares. :(

Anyways I don't think voting the hammer of scum is worth while at this point in time, despite how strongly you feel grandicap. If JC hadn't voted they would have plurality lunched SIV who is maybe town?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay ##vote Rhymes with Flu

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm good with voting Keane who's posting like it's still joke phase in day 3, and also rhymes who curiously hasn't dropped any reason why a pro-keane not anti-town vote was warranted, so it still feels like a scummy fake logic we decided to collectively drop interest in.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

how long have you known you're scum rhymes :colbert:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I mean cena is claiming watcher right? scum are down their rb, i don't see any reason why clue can't full claim.

rhymes being a doctor doesn't explain the pro-keane anti-town logic because it would mean that rhymes doesn't have any info as a town doctor to make that kind of statement.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

stop fishing.

? you said no one visited keane right

JOHN CENA posted:

if hes scum, he's lying because he is scum.

Keane wasnt visited night 1.

isn't this as good as a claim? lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

JC I'm going to be fishing with dynamite soon.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

no one town has ever come to a conclusion like this

Rhymes With Clue posted:

mafia edit, probably unnecessary, *My* vote.

see they obviously cp from scum chat coaching what a team mate said about their vote

spacing in vienna posted:

I'm okay with people being a little squirrelly with info on d2 -- I assumed more would be explained later and filed it away.

clue hasn't been squirrelly with info they just made a really logically unreasonable post from the town perspective

Grandicap posted:

Maybe I'm misreading, but his defense of Keane when Toal voted him immediately made me think night action.

jc says clue didn't visit keane

None of this is resolved and it should be.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I can see IA yeah.

CCKeane posted:

It's Sandwolf.

apart from a defence of clue, this is all of keane's cases.

scum! or at the very least, executable on principle.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what do you call someone who just offers town reads and engaging in banter? faking engagement. thank you.

I understand you all like to chase your own bones and personal vendettas, but you gotta vote out people who aren't hunting scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

the thing is that the JC case calls for him being weirdly puppetmastery and operating on several levels of wifom like JC hammering scum and participating in lunches and casing people but still being scum,

i'm sorry i didn't know you were probed keane but lets be real, you've had at least a week to try and play the game and you haven't been trying very hard until the pressure's turned on a bit as we've been reduced to 8 players.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I utterly agree that someone needs to be executed too, maybe we can plurality jc/clue/keane and win the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I wasn't probed, I was probing, asking questions to figure stuff out.

yeah and your only strong call so far after 2 days of figuring out the game is calling someone casing you scummy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If grandicap is scum I applaud him for finding something and latching onto it in a very town way I think, I just wish the rest of town wouldn't be so stubborn with their opinions or unwilling to commit to a read, the day is ending in 5 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

WTF, (1) if you are trying to imply that you watched me target myself, that is a lie!. I do no such thing.
(2) If this is one of those trick-trap questions like "Have you stoppd abusing your pets?" then see (1).

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Better. Not so contagious.

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I didn't/How can I be sure?
I guess I could ask my cats....

these are rhymes last 3 game posts. I'm telling you town, that there's this nobody with logical inconsistencies and no game presence (lowest postcount alive in the thread) who keeps getting soft defences and the benefit of doubt. this is a scum player

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

they weren't killed despite soft claiming yesterday, and being called out pubicly in some way by JC they should be murdered

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

this is such a gross misrepresentation of the scum case on JC that if JC flips scum I'd bet my life Toal is scum

its a fact that in order for the jc to be scum jc would also be scum hammering scum bruh.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

relying on the scumteam to act the way you expect = nope

sandy, try not to be so narrow minded.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i don't really care about how it looks for me

what do you think about rhymes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not saying just trust me, but also try and think holistically about the state of the game.

it is very unlikely that scum toal and scum jc vote out known scum OA day 1. That's a very small possibility objectively speaking.