Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

NO DAYS OFF and Gronk looks legally dead in 2018

"Skip practice if you feel bad IDGAF" and he's partying like it's 2014 in Super Bowl 55.

Maybe that was... a good idea? I dunno.

lol come on man

gronk had a good super bowl but let's not pretend his 2020 was any sort of return to form

he was an average receiving threat and good blocker this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It probably varies athlete to athlete which method is better. For Gronk, his body is held together by tape and needs downtime. For Brady, what could he possibly need to practice for. Bill couldn’t make exceptions because to do so would compromise the rest of the team.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

lol come on man

gronk had a good super bowl but let's not pretend his 2020 was any sort of return to form

he was an average receiving threat and good blocker this year

Like I said before, Gronk was largely irrelevant this year. He blocked well but as a weapon he's not anything close to he used to be. He's still some guy named Robert the vast majority of the time

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Imagine having a lame rear end parade in the streets.

https://twitter.com/matty4_matera/status/1359594833422278660?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know where this is coming from, Brady like took practices off constantly. That was the whole bit about him being listed as having a shoulder injury for a decade. Belichick maliciously complied with league rules by giving Tom practices off and reporting he had a sore shoulder.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

Kalli posted:

I don't know where this is coming from, Brady like took practices off constantly. That was the whole bit about him being listed as having a shoulder injury for a decade. Belichick maliciously complied with league rules by giving Tom practices off and reporting he had a sore shoulder.

Also I'm pretty sure I remember him getting like every Friday or Thursday off during the last season he was with New England.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wandler20 posted:

i love gronk but - he has neither the twerking skills nor the junk to be worthy of those horn blasts, imo, and we need to fire that boat captain

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Tyreek Hill would've gotten hit in the head and then dropped the trophy in the harbour.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

wandler20 posted:

The most lovable meathead.

Also lets not pretend he's totally busted. He's not Gronk from 2011 obviously but his statline this year wasn't terrible. 45 for 623 and 7 TD with another 8 for 110 and 2 TD in the playoffs. And he really hasn't lost a step when it comes to blocking. He's still a better than average tight end.

Nov 6, 2002

His blocking is fine. But when he has to move he is slow and stiff. He also can't seem to box out defenders and secure contested balls quite the same way he used to.

That seam pass he caught in the Super Bowl would have been a touchdown five years ago. And that's the thing, the Gronk of old was such a weapon because not only was he a great blocker, he was an elite receiving threat so his presence would create constant mismatches that Brady would exploit. Now teams can stick a LB on him and cover him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vita Vea

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

(Andy drafted McCoy)

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kalli posted:

Vita Vea

vita vea is rad and deserves all of tom brady

Kalli posted:

(Andy drafted McCoy)
brilliant way to inject the ricin, shady

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Antoine Winfield Jr

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Your GM would never!

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1359608964351209473?s=20

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Is there a reason they’re wearing ski goggles?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Maybe I’m totally misremembering but I don’t recall a super bowl parade where people were as transparently piss drunk as the Bucs are at this one and it owns.

Like they are not “I’ve had 5 beers in the last couple of hours and I’m feeling gooood” drunk, they are tail end of a daylong bender drunk.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Maybe I’m totally misremembering but I don’t recall a super bowl parade where people were as transparently piss drunk as the Bucs are at this one and it owns.

Like they are not “I’ve had 5 beers in the last couple of hours and I’m feeling gooood” drunk, they are tail end of a daylong bender drunk.

When was the last time a Florida team won?

Nov 6, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

The Bucs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

2003, right, I would assume they had similar antics then? It’s Tampa

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Professor Funk posted:

Was the greased pole climbing and eating of horse crap at the Eagles parade or the night they won the Super Bowl LII?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is there a reason they’re wearing ski goggles?
I always figured it was for champagne spray, pretty common for MLB clinching celebrations

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Professor Funk posted:

Marshawn fell off a float. Doug Pederson snatched beers thrown at him from the crowd. Ed Reed was singing 2 Tickets to Paradise for 3 straight hours. Dudes get smashed after winning a Superbowl.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
In the early 90’s, after the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup, they took it back to Mario Lemieux’s house for a party that night.

The next morning, the Stanley Cup was found at the bottom of his backyard swimming pool.

Ever since then, the Cup has bodyguards.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Gonz posted:

In the early 90’s, after the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup, they took it back to Mario Lemieux’s house for a party that night.

The next morning, the Stanley Cup was found at the bottom of his backyard swimming pool.

Ever since then, the Cup has bodyguards.

Then and Eddie Olczyk taking it to Belmont and letting horses eat out of it after the Rangers won ‘94.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

hobbesmaster posted:

The Lightning :twisted:

Banner year for Tampa sports

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Marshawn fell off a float. Doug Pederson snatched beers thrown at him from the crowd. Ed Reed was singing 2 Tickets to Paradise for 3 straight hours. Dudes get smashed after winning a Superbowl.

Yeah obviously people get hosed up, this just seems a lot funnier for some reason. Maybe it’s just the Florida aspect.

Or maybe because it’s less of a formal event this year and more like “hey we’re gonna go get hosed up on these boats and if people wanna watch they’re welcome to.”

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 10, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lot of Lightning erasure in this thread. For shame.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lot of Lightning erasure in this thread. For shame.

I don't recognize Missouri let alone any hockey team from a state without a harsh winter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rays also won the AL pennant. Tampa is literally the new city of Champions lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Rays also won the AL pennant. Tampa is literally the new city of Champions lol

LA won two championships too

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Intruder posted:

How nice of them. Did anyone notice?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was the Lakers and Dodgers so yes a lot of people noticed

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Antoine Winfield Jr

An underrated part of the Bucs SB win is that Tyreek can no longer use the deuce, it's AWJr's now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

It’s funny that the Dodgers only finally broke through in a 60 game season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

It was the Lakers and Dodgers so yes a lot of people noticed

Perhaps next year Tampa snd LA can switch off.

Chargers and Ducks not Rams and Kings pls

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

wandler20 posted:

An underrated part of the Bucs SB win is that Tyreek can no longer use the deuce, it's AWJr's now.

That taunt was like the extra dagger in the heart of KC.

It was perfectly timed and greatly endeared me to the Bucs.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Tampa Bay Lightning had a boat party followed by another Stanley Cup celebration at Raymond James in the evening and by the time they made it to the second celebration they were infinitely more drunk than even these Bucs players.

Every other word was an F bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I wish Tom Brady had fallen off the boat and been eaten by a shark.