Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Packers fans wouldn't root for Favre if he made the Super Bowl for either the Jets or the Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

it's not cheering for Brady that makes you guys a bad fanbase

it's the way you all became disinterested in the pats when you realized the team sucks for the first time in two decades and then spent more time posting about the loving bucs this year lol

I think that's something you're saying because you want it to be true.

Also, it would be very hard to post about the Pats's postseason performance this year so obviously we're posting about Brady's.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think that's something you're saying because you want it to be true.

Also, it would be very hard to post about the Pats's postseason performance this year so obviously we're posting about Brady's.

Athanatos is going to give me access to the TFF database and I will prove you guys posted more in the regular season about Brady and the Bucs than you did the Pats!

PM me Athanatos ty bud

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I would watch Joe Flacco do anything

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud posted:

Athanatos is going to give me access to the TFF database and I will prove you guys posted more in the regular season about Brady and the Bucs than you did the Pats!

PM me Athanatos ty bud

It would be hard to determine because the AFCE thread was like 90% Dolphins posters writing in blood with chicken bones trying to decipher Flores' intentions and the other 10% is Jets fans speculating how many firsts they will get for Darnold.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It would be hard to determine because the AFCE thread was like 90% Dolphins posters writing in blood with chicken bones trying to decipher Flores' intentions and the other 10% is Jets fans speculating how many firsts they will get for Darnold.

At least 3

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I don't think that's true but assuming it is, I probably posted more about jack easterby than the pats. It's an interesting and entertaining storyline and I like to post about interesting and entertaining things, even though it has nothing to do with the team I root for. I am very interested and entertained by a guy who wins lots of games! Especially a guy who used to win lots of games for the team I root for! Like I might've posted more about russ wilson during the 1st half of the season than tom brady.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I wouldn't expect a Pats fan to understand the loyalty that fans like me or mcmagic have for our very lovely teams :colbert:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ehud posted:

it's the way you all became disinterested in the pats when you realized the team sucks for the first time in two decades and then spent more time posting about the loving bucs this year lol

what is there to say about the pats though? even last year it was apparent the roster was depleted and now brady is gone so its worse and they are going to have to rebuild + the uncertainty of finding a quarterback. meanwhile tom brady is going on a super bowl run with an absolutely loaded team that historically spends most of its time in a diaper

i'm sorry you didn't get the day of reckoning where all the patriots fans cry blood and pay some sort of penance for giving you wedgies

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Ehud posted:

PM me Athanatos ty bud

as long as you dont use it to look up all the nice things I said about Peyton Manning when he was a Bronco

:golfclap:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sour Diesel posted:

what is there to say about the pats though? even last year it was apparent the roster was depleted and now brady is gone so its worse and they are going to have to rebuild + the uncertainty of finding a quarterback. meanwhile tom brady is going on a super bowl run with an absolutely loaded team that historically spends most of its time in a diaper

i'm sorry you didn't get the day of reckoning where all the patriots fans cry blood and pay some sort of penance for giving you wedgies

bro I got exactly what I expected

"this team sucks. i don't want to watch these loosahs. what channel is Tahm on? pass me the dunkin!"

Athanatos posted:

as long as you dont use it to look up all the nice things I said about Peyton Manning when he was a Bronco

peyton who? never heard of him!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I said many nice things about Colts Rivers.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Tampa winning a super bowl is like Seattle winning one

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Maybe the voter confused him with Todd Bowles?
That's all I can think of.

My working theory is that they didn't have time for football this year and just frantically loaded up the standings the night before the vote was due and saw the Bills made went 13-3 and made the AFC Championship game. Drawing upon their knowledge from 2019, they ascertained that Frazier must have put together one hell of a defense.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wow, I can't believe that the Bears are getting Carson Wentz. I wish that would be announced, along with the total trade package.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ehud posted:

You can just call out Shimmy Jimmy and the Perfect Spheres guy directly, we all know

Nov 6, 2002

BrownThunder posted:

You can just call out Shimmy Jimmy and the Perfect Spheres guy directly, we all know

that's the same person you insensitive clod

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If anything I got more interested once Brady left cause it was something new and wanted to see what they did. Of course, the new was Cam Newton and he is awful so now the intrigue is "what next". I also didn't particularly care that he left cause even though he just won a Super Bowl it was pretty clear it was time for them to go separate ways

The only Bucs games I watched from start to finish were the Saints games during the regular season, and I think the only other two I watched were some of the Giants and Bears cause they were national games. Contrast that with the 49ers where I've watched every game Jimmy played since he got there

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 8, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ehud posted:

"this team sucks. i don't want to watch these loosahs. what channel is Tahm on? pass me the dunkin!"

I'll have you know I don't drink coffee, chump :smugdon:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

cant believe the pats fans are entering the basement with a complete lack of tact. they still like tom brady and they refuse to photoshop deshaun watson in a different jersey like a proper fan of some clown franchise

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Patriots were a blast to watch this year until the exact moment Cam got covid, after that it was just kinda sad.

Beating the Ravens ruled though, screw the Ravens

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bellmaker posted:

The Patriots were a blast to watch this year until the exact moment Cam got covid, after that it was just kinda sad.

Beating the Ravens ruled though, screw the Ravens

Yeah, I was shitposting about how they could make the playoffs up until the Rams game.

That was the end of that.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
after the first 3 weeks, I was convinced the pats were taking a wildcard spot if not challenging the bills for the division

this did not end up happening

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sour Diesel posted:

cant believe the pats fans are entering the basement with a complete lack of tact. they still like tom brady and they refuse to photoshop deshaun watson in a different jersey like a proper fan of some clown franchise

loving exactly

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I watched every Pats game this year even while I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. I wasn’t being literal when I said I watched more Bucs football this year but what I did see sure made me a lot more excited. Sue me.

I was literally calling for Bill to extend Cam after week 2 lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Ehud posted:

Sounds like Patriots fans are smart, rational football consumers

"Lol you guys were disinterested in a bad team and found joy in watching the team that won the Super Bowl" is not an own

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I watched every Pats game this year even while I was in the hospital for 6 weeks. I wasn’t being literal when I said I watched more Bucs football this year but what I did see sure made me a lot more excited. Sue me.

Yeah, the Pats tried something to address their offense, and it didn't come close to working, and that was abundantly clear halfway through the season, so welp.

Think about how much better they would've been if Marqise Lee hadn't covid'ed out of there.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That Seahawks game was Cam Newton's bait and switch. Kept waiting for him to get over COVID and return to that form.

lol nope

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

xbilkis posted:

Sounds like Patriots fans are smart, rational football consumers

"Lol you guys were disinterested in a bad team and found joy in watching the team that won the Super Bowl" is not an own

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That Seahawks game was Cam Newton's bait and switch.

I hadn’t been so excited watching a Pats game (outside the playoffs) in years seeing Cam leading that miracle comeback and come within a yard of winning.

Came out of that game thinking gently caress yeah we have something here. Then Cam forgot how to play football. (Wasn’t just Covid)

Nov 6, 2002

Don't dox yourself please.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was nothing sadder last year then watching Cam hitch 3 times then ground a ball 5 yards away from Damiere Byrd who had just spent 7 seconds running around to finally get 1.5 yards of separation.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Watch fun teams. If your team is not fun, don't watch them.

The Bears are a fun team to watch, as long as you are not a Bears fan.

It's a sliding scale.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There’s a non zero chance that Mitch is on the Pats next season. Bill loves reclamation projects.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hey Rodgers is getting married to a woman 8 years younger than him. The hippy girl who sunned her vagina because it gave her power or some poo poo. Good for him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There’s a non zero chance that Mitch is on the Pats next season. Bill loves reclamation projects.

Is this the Tebow route where everyone says it's going to be amazing and then he's cut after preseason game 4?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Athanatos posted:

Is this the Tebow route where everyone says it's going to be amazing and then he's cut after preseason game 4?

Well the difference this time is that Mitch might be the best QB on the roster.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mitch only costs money and he's better then Wentz or Darnold, so I guess that's not the worst option.

Rest of the roster almost definitely can't carry him to a superbowl though, so I'd rather they just sign <any reclamation project vet> and draft a guy to turn into the next Jimmy G or whatever

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey Rodgers is getting married to a woman 8 years younger than him. The hippy girl who sunned her vagina because it gave her power or some poo poo. Good for him.

Seems to have worked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I didn't know he broke up with Danica Patrick

Still jealous he dated Olivia Munn for a bit