Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

e: well now I'm just confused, because she's involved in a Netflix dating show?

https://x.com/embernic/status/1647756987973730307?s=20

That show pivoted in the last season into everyone using therapy language constantly and having fewer trashy drunk fights.

I mean, it's still trashy reality TV, but now with a sheen of deniability about the whole affair. We're all just trying to grow as people. Let's try to give each other some grace.

It fits fine now with someone who would rather not date because she thinks men have to be trained to floss or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Casey Finnigan posted:

hmm idk I don't think I want to know this much about this random lady

Yeah, I'll stop but lol there are moments where she kinda rules

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Yeah, I'll stop but lol there are moments where she kinda rules

for a brief, beautiful moment libs hated cops too

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al! posted:

for a brief, beautiful moment libs hated cops too

no they didn’t

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/TVNewsNow/status/1772718131489763423

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The NY Post running this with the cocktail and Badass Feminist tee shirt makes this for me

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

you know when someone goes through a string of failed relationships and complains every time about how lovely their partner was

at some point you start realizing that they are the lovely one

I know somebody like this. She never holds a relationship for more than four or five weeks. Sometimes they’re over in two. They always end with a massive fight where very cruel things are said to her. She’s ghosted more than anyone else I know, including by long term regular friends who get sick of her. Honestly she’s tedious as gently caress and I keep meaning to stop hanging out with her but so many people have cut her off in the last couple years (including every single one of our previously mutual friends) that I can’t bring myself to do it. But I can’t imagine dating her. I think that would end in tears. For me.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

no they didn’t

become ungovernable

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

e: well now I'm just confused, because she's involved in a Netflix dating show?

https://x.com/embernic/status/1647756987973730307?s=20

lmao

My wife watches this show so I happen to remember that this livestream was a massive disaster. It literally did not work. People were staring at a graphic for like an hour before they just decided to punt until the next night. It made history but not in a good way

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Turns out it isn't just men who need to go to therapy.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I know somebody like this. She never holds a relationship for more than four or five weeks. Sometimes they’re over in two. They always end with a massive fight where very cruel things are said to her. She’s ghosted more than anyone else I know, including by long term regular friends who get sick of her. Honestly she’s tedious as gently caress and I keep meaning to stop hanging out with her but so many people have cut her off in the last couple years (including every single one of our previously mutual friends) that I can’t bring myself to do it. But I can’t imagine dating her. I think that would end in tears. For me.

you have a crush on her

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, especially since democrats are going hard after NC because they think that biden has a chance there this year.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, especially since democrats are going hard after NC because they think that biden has a chance there this year.

how are the delusions getting worse

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

loquacius posted:

I'm truly offended at that question, Mark. *dial tone*

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

loquacius posted:

Because the alternative is facing reality and none of them have the courage.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

he does not

i just hope he doesn't offput people so much that stein doesn't get in as gov, though i guess it doesn't matter

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

you have a crush on her

lol. She’s very attractive but no, no thank you, could have pursued that and very intentionally did not. It’s pity primarily, which really isn’t good for me or her, but we hang out infrequently enough these days it’s mostly tolerable, except she keeps trying to rope me into taking a trip here or there with her and my excuse well is running dry, so it’s coming to a head eventually

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lol. She’s very attractive but no, no thank you, could have pursued that and very intentionally did not. It’s pity primarily, which really isn’t good for me or her, but we hang out infrequently enough these days it’s mostly tolerable, except she keeps trying to rope me into taking a trip here or there with her and my excuse well is running dry, so it’s coming to a head eventually

you have a crush on her

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Too much attractiveness is a trap, for both genders, because people get away with bad behaviour until one day they can’t, and then the wheels really come off.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm
Can someone link that comic from 2021 where it was showing a tour of the white house, it showcased a button that used the seemingly limitless powers of the presidency to murder, and the punchline was about the parliamentarian was "And here is the rules wizard that prevents anything good from happening"

I absolutely cannot find that thing anywhere

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Too much attractiveness is a trap, for both genders, because people get away with bad behaviour until one day they can’t, and then the wheels really come off.

sorry ff but im only getting more handsome as i get older and the poo poo im getting away with more incredible

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

post hole digger posted:

theres no proven benefits to flossing. completely made up thing

not on plaque buildup, but it should get out giant hunks of food that might be stuck. and if flossing made the difference between stank-mouth and normal mouth, rotting food detritus might have been their problem.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

duder, quit while you're ahead.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is the voiceover at the start a romcom where you two end up together after a lot of hijinks ensue, call it, "GHOST OF A CHANCE" or some poo poo and get it on Halmark Channel.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wow...I wonder how long it took for the big brains at Biden HQ to come up with this stunt. Surely this will stop the questions about our corpse president!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SixteenShells posted:

not on plaque buildup, but it should get out giant hunks of food that might be stuck. and if flossing made the difference between stank-mouth and normal mouth, rotting food detritus might have been their problem.

I don't think it actually did though

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if I didn't floss I would definitely have like pieces of chicken stuck in my teeth n poo poo. So I floss

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wow...I wonder how long it took for the big brains at Biden HQ to come up with this stunt. Surely this will stop the questions about our corpse president!

She didn’t say “No, the President does not have dementia”, which is… something.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What? They thought this was supposed to make them look good?

lol lmao

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

This is gonna be the most militarized event since trump marched out his bible among BLM protestors & I'm betting there's no way they can get within 4 blocks.

Someone lmk if you find a pirate stream to this.

Lol this looks so bloated and gross

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Anecdote, but: I took part in a dental study where they were comparing traditional brushing and flossing to some fancy-pants new device. They stain your plaque, clean it all off, give you detailed instructions on how to brush and floss for the study, and have you fill in a diary attesting that you followed the instructions every day. At the end of the study period they re-stain your teeth and measure how extensive it is. I was doing my damndest to give them good data, and the end of the month, my teeth were just as plaque-coated as they were going in. It's possible the flossing instructions they gave me were themselves flawed (corpo funded study, lol), though. But yeah the lesson I took from that is that flossing doesn't do poo poo to plaque.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Clip-On Fedora posted:

What? They thought this was supposed to make them look good?

lol lmao

That or it was designed to shame people for even daring to think that Dear Leader might be demented. Either way, they're Streisand Effecting themselves.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol how is she this bad at her job

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah they're trying not to dignify / legitimize the question with comment but given the vast, vast wealth of recorded instances of Biden clearly having dementia it's backfiring on them

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

loquacius posted:

if she puts in the work to "fix" someone he will simply ditch her for someone who sucks less (this is how you parse the "college girls" part)

the "boy married to her friend" (???) is still married to her but that doesn't count because he doesn't pack suitcases (therefore invalid as a human being)

I’m confused about the boy married to the friend that likes to pack his suitcase , did someone slack on teaching this clueless boy how to pack a suitcase , but he’s lucky he doesn’t have to ???

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

MadSparkle posted:

Lol this looks so bloated and gross

but it's raising $25 million, a new fundraising record for genociders.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Edit: a bit much

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toph Bei Fong has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Mar 28, 2024

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MadSparkle posted:

I’m confused about the boy married to the friend that likes to pack his suitcase , did someone slack on teaching this clueless boy how to pack a suitcase , but he’s lucky he doesn’t have to ???

Like someone posted upthread, this is just the female equivalent of someone making a post complaining about how they are a nice guy and deserves to have a hot girlfriend.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh my god pull up thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Let's not go down this road