Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The only thing to be accomplished in electoral politics anymore is the settling of scores. It is an inherently reactionary institution. You cannot vote away your chains.

But it produces great content!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better
he should primary warren

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

:gary:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The system includes the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges and 73 community college districts. The districts currently operate 115 accredited colleges. Calbright College is not accredited.

it’s literally the only one in the state not accredited lmao

ok lmao that now sounds like some university of phoenix poo poo

loving lol that they didn't require that basicass state-level oversight

christ wtf am i even paying taxes for, at least louisiana was up front about making GBS threads my taxes directly into exxon and dow's mouths without any splatter

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bootleg Trunks posted:

it was totally worth it to gently caress over a kennedy

Pretty much. In have given up mostly on the idea that anything decent will crawl up from the toxic sea that is American electoralism but for a brief moment one of our inbred aristocratic families got hosed over by their own hubris which was really satisfying.

It was also great to see Pelosi's endorsement be worse nothing. When you factor that in with that Rep who was opposed to her getting the position AOC thought she was guaranteed it makes the Squad look even more stupid for supporting her in exchange for nothing.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 11:30 on May 12, 2021

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
man it's been a while since I had to look up the posse comitatus act to make sure something was legal

like two whole years

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I hate the democrats so much

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

shyduck posted:

I'm not voting in 2022

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1392425647260291072

https://twitter.com/Kayfacat_/status/1392434752750227456

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
it's been how many months and people still can't figure out what force the vote was about

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1392358897361592322

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Regardless of ftv which isn't interesting;
You see, this time and this time only, sanctions are going to work and not gently caress over the poor people in the country

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's been how many months and people still can't figure out what force the vote was about

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1392358897361592322

Does Jimmy Dore piss people off so much they can't understand the idea of a politician should try and actually fight, in public, for thes things they say they support. Like him just associating with it v just causes a short circuit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

my bony fealty posted:

always worth posting that she supported Michael Bloomberg

Never forget. If Bernie had decided to fight for the nom, Bloomberg would have rolled out Abrams to call him a racist and likely made her his running mate.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This person 100% believes that Trump's Tax Returns would say FSB on it if not just Putin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

KomradeX posted:

Does Jimmy Dore piss people off so much they can't understand the idea of a politician should try and actually fight, in public, for thes things they say they support. Like him just associating with it v just causes a short circuit

the influence campaign to foreverially associate the phrase "Force the Vote" with Jimmy Dore, and Jimmy Dore with "know-nothing jackass with fringe beliefs" was wildly successful

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

the influence campaign to foreverially associate the phrase "Force the Vote" with Jimmy Dore, and Jimmy Dore with "know-nothing jackass with fringe beliefs" was wildly successful

Its loving insane.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The problem with FTV as far as party members and fans were concerned is it was a direct call for politicians to do something supporting the people they are supposedly advocates for instead of politics being a prestige career where you make a bunch of grandiose statements before doing the exact opposite knowing it doesn't matter.

These guys all know exactly what force the vote was about which is why they find the entire concept of politicians actually doing something and not just being celebrities totally abhorrent. No one lives through the Obama years and doesn't understand the concept of symbolic votes to keep voters riled up and issues in the public consciousness. They are pretending to not get it because the alternative is admitting they don't give a poo poo.

Eggplant Squire has issued a correction as of 13:56 on May 12, 2021

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

KomradeX posted:

Its loving insane.

and they still think it's an "exotic" maneuver

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Adam is usually good, but lol drat 🤔

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Nothus posted:

Never forget. If Bernie had decided to fight for the nom, Bloomberg would have rolled out Abrams to call him a racist and likely made her his running mate.

The Abrams vs Nina Turner would have been hilarious.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

yeah adam johnson is hardly a party shill and citations needed is a good podcast but that was not his finest moment

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mind_Taker posted:

yeah adam johnson is hardly a party shill and citations needed is a good podcast but that was not his finest moment

that's why I was surprised by it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

the funniest part was an even worse piece of poo poo snagging kennedy's congressional seat

that was very funny

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

that's why I was surprised by it

The strategy where they played it safe has led to the whole M4A discussion being tabled while the pandemic is still going on so I don't know how they get to pretend that any other plan would have worse results and not get laughed at every time they bring it up.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm a teenanger who lusts for palestinian death, jsut like my cool grandpa, ed markey

now watch me dab for medicare for all

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah Markey was always a POS but I sincerely pity you if you can't take malicious glee in seeing a pampered Kennedy boy denied his seat on a throne

Kennedy really should have pulled a sideshow bob and attacked Markey for his own prior endorsement of Markey. "Senator Edward John Markey is so awful he was even endorsed by noted pampered shitbrain Joe Kennedy III, an endorsement Markey accepted with glee. They say you should just people by the company that you keep... So can you really trust someone who keeps the company of a Kennedy? This election, show Senator Markey that you've had enough. Vote Joe Kennedy III."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

where did that kennedy go when he was banished?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mind_Taker posted:

That's why I think just the mere shadow of Jimmy Dore causes people's brains to short circuit. I had a friend that refused to say he was right about this one thing because he hates Jimmy Dore that much

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nichael posted:

To the comfort of Martha's vineyard to await a primary against Liz Warren he'll probably win

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Eggplant Squire posted:

The strategy where they played it safe has led to the whole M4A discussion being tabled while the pandemic is still going on so I don't know how they get to pretend that any other plan would have worse results and not get laughed at every time they bring it up.

yeah Sanders and AOC coming out for BDS doesn't actually DO anything. Sanders ran his entire presidential campaign on M4A and it's completely dead now.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KomradeX posted:

To the comfort of Martha's vineyard to await a primary against Liz Warren he'll probably win

I legit don't know which way I'd vote in a Warren vs JK3 primary and am glad I'm not in MA anymore to have to decide which of them I hate more

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1392450726010531844

sorry I'm sorry I'm trying to delete it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yang strikes me as uniquely stupid.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KomradeX posted:

it's because dore had a good idea without going through the proper careerist channels

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

https://finance.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-us-congressman-joe-kennedy-190200905.html

quote:

Former US Congressman Joe Kennedy III Advocates for a Greener Future as he Joins 6K's Board of Directors

March 24, 2021

NORTH ANDOVER, Mass., March 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- 6K, a rising star in the production of sustainable advanced materials, today announced that former Massachusetts Congressman Joe Kennedy III has joined its Board of Directors. As a representative in the United States Congress Kennedy has been a long-time supporter of climate action, clean energy development, and local manufacturing. 6K's technology promises to revolutionize how advanced materials are produced, offering a tangible representation of the clean energy technology Kennedy pushed for during his tenure as a US Congressman, and can now drive forward as a member of 6K's Board.

Kennedy states, "Today there are virtually zero battery materials being produced in the United States, costing the country good jobs and tremendous economic opportunity. 6K has huge potential to change this dynamic, enabling us to bring cost-effective and environmentally-friendly battery material production to US soil. The company is powerfully aligned with our new administration's commitment to U.S. job creation and clean technology and will further solidify Massachusetts' leadership on the cutting edge of advanced manufacturing."

"We are delighted to have the Congressman join our Board of Directors. Joe's stance on clean energy and the development of green manufacturing technologies is well documented and intersects perfectly with 6K's mission to deliver high-performance advanced materials that are radically greener than legacy production technologies," explains 6K CEO Dr. Aaron Bent. "Having Joe on our team helps hone our sustainability strategy while propelling 6K to the forefront of the conversation with government initiatives in organizations like the Department of Defense and Department of Energy."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

Yang strikes me as uniquely stupid.

libertarianism, while stupid, is not unique

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

wow congrats on the career move!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

was looking at vids of Yang getting yelled at in Astoria lol NYC

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shageletic posted:

was looking at vids of Yang getting yelled at in Astoria lol NYC

show, don't tell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly I would advocate for a tax payer funded day care think tank where we could isolate all the political fail children which would be overall much less damaging than having them in elected positions or running anything.