Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

associate justice Geralt of Rivia has a nice ring to it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Congratulations justice Columbo

Just one more thing...

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mrr3UNALww

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Chief Justice Cheryl Hines :woomy:

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Eli Gemstone is not too far off from what we'll get

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Think Less posted:

Eli Gemstone is not too far off from what we'll get

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Chief Justice Kanan Stark would be dope

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

All hail Justice Nandor the Relentless

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
I'm hoping it's merrick garland and he pulls a Harrison and drops dead 30 days into the new republican dominated congress.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

wow! Justice Sterling Archer!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
knowing the Biden presidency, my guess is that they won't even announce a name for like a full month

Comedy option: for basically no reason beyond ineptitude they don't get someone into the seat before losing their majority

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

well at least theyre doing something besides making another polycule in their leadership

poo poo i remember going to some event or bbq my friend invited me to they had like gently caress 5 years ago? appetizers were hella good, but there was some white chick there that was like 'i spent a tour in afghanistan and it makes me sad that there are so many homeless people around like in that poo poo hole!' or something like that. we were in oakland or alameda or something lol.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

continuing my watching of Billions, and at one point Paul Giamatti's character says "and when I win, I'm going to roll over you like Tiananmen Square"

so I guess it really is true that in the American understanding of history, they believe that that dude standing in front of the tank was run over by the tank

americans get genuinely upset if you tell them that one famous photo of all the "dead" bodies on the ground is just bikes and alive people laying on the ground with their hands on their heads or whatver

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Judge Boba Fett :wookie:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chief Justice one of the Wheel of Time characters I dunno

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

oh look the tankies were right again

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Justice Pim says you have a right to SMILE

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

nudejedi posted:

Judge Boba Fett :wookie:

he wasn’t even in the last episode

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

Chief Justice one of the Wheel of Time characters I dunno

*tugs braid*
*smooths skirt*

I'm very mad at your post but I'm not going to let you know directly for another 300 pages

hekaton
Jan 5, 2022

sure wish i could understand what the hell was going on with my life
so i could be properly upset when things happen

if you don’t pilot the supreme court we’ll make breyer do it again

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

americans get genuinely upset if you tell them that one famous photo of all the "dead" bodies on the ground is just bikes and alive people laying on the ground with their hands on their heads or whatver

Lol. It's only people cowering and trying desperately to shield their head with their mere hands.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Supreme Center CX
Chief Justice, ON!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

So Clyburn seems to be backing J. Michelle Childs:

quote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/591572-clyburn-predicts-supreme-court-contender-j-michelle-childs-would-get-gop-votes

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) predicted Wednesday that potential Supreme Court nominee J. Michelle Childs would get GOP support in the Senate if President Biden taps her to fill Justice Steven Breyer's seat on the Supreme Court.

News broke on Wednesday that Breyer, who has served on the bench for more than 27 years, will retire at the end of the current term, paving the way for Biden to nominate a Supreme Court justice.

Clyburn told CNN on Wednesday that "several Republicans" would support Childs if she gets the nod from Biden, specifically naming South Carolina Sens. Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott.

"I want us to make sure that it is a black woman, I want to make sure that it's a woman that will get universal support. When I say universal I mean bipartisan support," Clyburn said.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Polo-Rican posted:

knowing the Biden presidency, my guess is that they won't even announce a name for like a full month

Comedy option: for basically no reason beyond ineptitude they don't get someone into the seat before losing their majority

Comedy option plays out like this:

Breyer retires in August. Congress goes on recess on Aug 8 to Sep 5. They have until Sept 26 passes by without a confirmation vote. Senate goes into recess again and the democrats try to schedule a vote for mid october, but Manchin and or Sinema say no it's too close to the election the people should have a say. Democrats get completely bodied and lose the Senate. In a rare bout of competence Schumer says we should push on anyway and hold the confirmation vote in the lame duck session, but again Manchin and/or Sinema say they won't vote for the nominee to due to decorum reasons and they don't seat anyone before the start of hte new congress.

New congress rolls in and says lol gently caress you and the democrats use "Republicans refused to give us a vote on Associate Justice Liz Cheney!!" as a rallying cry for the next 2 years to get out the vote.

President Trump nominates Frank Lindell to the court and the vote is successful

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Trabisnikof posted:

So Clyburn seems to be backing J. Michelle Childs:

of course the Democrat wants a child

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

spacemang_spliff posted:

Comedy option plays out like this:

Breyer retires in August. Congress goes on recess on Aug 8 to Sep 5. They have until Sept 26 passes by without a confirmation vote. Senate goes into recess again and the democrats try to schedule a vote for mid october, but Manchin and or Sinema say no it's too close to the election the people should have a say. Democrats get completely bodied and lose the Senate. In a rare bout of competence Schumer says we should push on anyway and hold the confirmation vote in the lame duck session, but again Manchin and/or Sinema say they won't vote for the nominee to due to decorum reasons and they don't seat anyone before the start of hte new congress.

New congress rolls in and says lol gently caress you and the democrats use "Republicans refused to give us a vote on Associate Justice Liz Cheney!!" as a rallying cry for the next 2 years to get out the vote.

President Trump nominates Frank Lindell to the court and the vote is successful

this but rudy

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

those are all too old

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

supreme court justice kyle rittenhouse

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yeah and my post should have said Mike Lindell

it'll be some weirdo in a skin suit regardless

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RasperFat posted:

Lol that full on nationalists are immediately presented as rational.
Also traditionalists.

Hyperrational thought process: old ways are better because they are old

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

drat it Krystal Ball!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Excelzior posted:

*tugs braid*
*smooths skirt*

I'm very mad at your post but I'm not going to let you know directly for another 300 pages

Never read any of the books and don't plan on changing it :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't know who the main character of WoT is after 4 episodes of show

Rand has a protagonist vibe but hasn't really done very much yet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

loquacius posted:

I don't know who the main character of WoT is after 4 episodes of show

Rand has a protagonist vibe but hasn't really done very much yet

It's Mat because he's the only one who fucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's Mat because he's the only one who fucks

:hmmyes:

...wait you mean to say Lan and Moiraine aren't loving? No way in hell are they not loving

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1486704987744919565?s=20

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cloks posted:

y'all are forgetting about a woman of color named Elizabeth Warren

it's her supreme court seat, she's supposed to be there

she's appointable if you loving appoint her!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Cloks posted:

y'all are forgetting about a woman of color named Elizabeth Warren

it's her supreme court seat, she's supposed to be there

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Never read any of the books and don't plan on changing it :)

I read the book one very boring summer when I was in college.

(It may have been published under different titles as a "series" but I know what reading the same book over and over feels like)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

loquacius posted:

:hmmyes:

...wait you mean to say Lan and Moiraine aren't loving? No way in hell are they not loving

It's deeply funny that they made that show completely zoomer-media unsexy because it was Robert Jordan's long form wank fodder to begin with. There's a whole book about spanking, ffs