Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
They also picked the most unsexy author to finish it after Robert Jordan died, mormon and roommate to Ken Jennings, Brandon Sanderson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Amazon showrunners were cowards not to have the damane slaves collared and broken, going with gags was a terrible choice

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1486690322214268934?s=20

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Vim Fuego posted:

It's deeply funny that they made that show completely zoomer-media unsexy because it was Robert Jordan's long form wank fodder to begin with. There's a whole book about spanking, ffs

lmao what

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

It's deeply funny that they made that show completely zoomer-media unsexy because it was Robert Jordan's long form wank fodder to begin with. There's a whole book about spanking, ffs

there has been exactly one butt on the show so far -- they threw in a shot of Lan's rear end in ep 1. My wife says it was a smart move because the vast majority of episode 1 viewers will be couples with skeptical girlfriends who need to be "hooked," kind of the inverse of how episode 1 of Orange Is The New Black had like 500% more titties in it than any other episode

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mastershakeman posted:

Amazon showrunners were cowards not to have the damane slaves collared and broken, going with gags was a terrible choice

the show sucked and the the male leads were lovely actors anyway so who gives a gently caress

also one of the male leads dipped out mid filming of the series too so lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Agrajag posted:

the show sucked and the the male leads were lovely actors anyway so who gives a gently caress

Mat is pretty good but I heard they replaced him after S1 for some reason???

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

loquacius posted:

supposedly he wanted to be a more “serious” Mat and they wrote him more as comic relief

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1486570259524079617

loving lmao

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

loquacius posted:

He's so much more charismatic than everyone else and they replaced him because he was too good

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it’s hell Marianne

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/LaceyMAnderson/status/1486685410491260932

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

This is more upsetting than anything else Biden has done while in office. God damnit there's plenty of trees in the north woods

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
are they gonna make anything cool out of the wood?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

narrator voice:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Comedy option plays out like this:

Breyer retires in August. Congress goes on recess on Aug 8 to Sep 5. They have until Sept 26 passes by without a confirmation vote. Senate goes into recess again and the democrats try to schedule a vote for mid october, but Manchin and or Sinema say no it's too close to the election the people should have a say. Democrats get completely bodied and lose the Senate. In a rare bout of competence Schumer says we should push on anyway and hold the confirmation vote in the lame duck session, but again Manchin and/or Sinema say they won't vote for the nominee to due to decorum reasons and they don't seat anyone before the start of hte new congress.

New congress rolls in and says lol gently caress you and the democrats use "Republicans refused to give us a vote on Associate Justice Liz Cheney!!" as a rallying cry for the next 2 years to get out the vote.

President Trump nominates Frank Lindell to the court and the vote is successful

Comedy option? This is what is going to happen 100%.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

lmao that she thinks she can complain after she endorsed him and will endorse him again

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

well there's a dearth of coffins right now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

😡
mask

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

I dunno. It's been decades since I read the series. But I remember there was a book where one (more?) of the women went to not-japan, and had to wear a collar and get spanked for the entire thing. I wanna say it was somewhere in books 8-10, cause I don't think I ever made it past that.

Also Rand gets locked in a trunk by a bunch of dominatrixes for like 300 pages.

The whole series is rife with BDSM stuff. Hell, in the show Moiraine is like "I was having trouble with my college homework, but you know what helped? An older lady came to my room at night, tied me up, and beat me until one night I just... got it." So a lot of that stuff is left in the show it's just not titillating at all which is deeply funny for books that were typed one handed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Wicked Pisgah

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

I dunno. It's been decades since I read the series. But I remember there was a book where one (more?) of the women went to not-japan, and had to wear a collar and get spanked for the entire thing. I wanna say it was somewhere in books 8-10, cause I don't think I ever made it past that.

Also Rand gets locked in a trunk by a bunch of dominatrixes for like 300 pages.

The whole series is rife with BDSM stuff. Hell, in the show Moiraine is like "I was having trouble with my college homework, but you know what helped? An older lady came to my room at night, tied me up, and beat me until I got it." So a lot of that stuff is left in the show it's just not titillating at all which is deeply funny for books that were typed one handed

bahahaha I’m only halfway into book three, I guess I’m still before all of that (though there has been the whole deeply uncomfortable introduction of the Seanchan dominatrix society that is totally-not-China/japan)

fantasy authors are so deeply weird

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This garbage administration is absolutely trying to burn the world down. Between their worse than Trump environmental policies and trying to poke a nuclear power into a responce I can't think of any other reason at this point other than intentional malice.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

PhilippAchtel posted:

Comedy option? This is what is going to happen 100%.

those aren't mutually exclusive lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sirota screams into the void

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1486450866630508547

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Supreme Court Justice Jeremy Corbyn

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah good luck with that buddy

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/james_roe/status/1486607334084206596

Someone queue up this guy's ban for remembering stuff, please!!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Supreme Court Justice Jeremy Corbyn

Justice Bloomberg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

OPRAH

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

More like queen laqueefa

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm not sure I'm ready for how utterly lovely of a nominee Biden shits out. Ketanji Brown Jackson would probably be ok, but I'm not holding me breath.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol so many biden voters mad that biden delivered on his promise of changing nothing lmao

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

zegermans posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready for how utterly lovely of a nominee Biden shits out. Ketanji Brown Jackson would probably be ok, but I'm not holding me breath.

whoever he nominates, however good or bad they are, will never get confirmed until the power has swung back to the republicans.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

More toilet paper so I can finally wipe my rear end

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1486709480351952901?s=20

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Biden needs to nominate Judge Joe Brown before the court hears any Buck Breaking cases

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the Seanchan canonically have Texan accents, this is not a joke and the show is 100% gonna wimp out and have them be British

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

*not adjusted for real inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

zegermans posted:

It's going to be either Childs or Kruger, since they're both conservative. Childs is the wildcard and I'm basing it on the bipartisanship angle and also Biden just signing off when he sees the word child