Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Terminal autist posted:

If people got as mad at DnD liberals as they do at Arf the site would be a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/Janice_Texas/status/1437856479202140167

sorry I know met gala is so yesterday but I had to share this nonsense

i love how this is seen as like, an epic own, when (at least for me), my disappointment is that she could have done something so much more outlandish than a figurative "tax the rich, my rear end" dress. like, i'd accept even a token "hey, these service industry workers are being subject to a mask regulation while the ruling class walks around without the restriction. i'm going to show solidarity with my working class roots, and also wear a mask" as some sort of fig leaf. but we can't even get performative poo poo out of her.

like, if all some shlub like me did was show up and wear a mask as a guest, i'd be doing more than AOC did for class solidarity.

smearing human poo poo on walls would've been ideal, but, i get that she still has to play inside ball, even if i were to give her the benefit of authenticity.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Tax My rear end(I Won't Tax The Rich)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ultimately, the reasoning behind defending her and her obtuse reaction is still the self-serving entitlement complexes these metropolitan liberals all suffer from

they did all the rituals and tribulations (went to college, did their homework) and so they've been a goody good girl who gets their treaty treat that they "deserve"

to deny them their hedonistic pleasures is to deny god himself

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

i love how this is seen as like, an epic own, when (at least for me), my disappointment is that she could have done something so much more outlandish than a figurative "tax the rich, my rear end" dress. like, i'd accept even a token "hey, these service industry workers are being subject to a mask regulation while the ruling class walks around without the restriction. i'm going to show solidarity with my working class roots, and also wear a mask" as some sort of fig leaf. but we can't even get performative poo poo out of her.

like, if all some shlub like me did was show up and wear a mask as a guest, i'd be doing more than AOC did for class solidarity.

smearing human poo poo on walls would've been ideal, but, i get that she still has to play inside ball, even if i were to give her the benefit of authenticity.

Thing is though you could smear all the poo poo, puke, piss, and/or any other excretion you could wring out of your body on the walls, floor, and ceiling and all the rich fucks there would ooh and aah about how avant garde it was because you're still in their stupid little party entertaining them and you don't scare them at loving all

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

wretched

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

christ, america deserves to go down in flames

learn chinese unironically everyone, you just acquired an actual skillset when you do

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

yeah that's the thing that gives the whole game away - it wasn't even a genuine attempt at provocation that fell flat, wearing a designer dress with the most anodyne slogan imaginable printed on it was nothing but a full embrace of the event, finished theater that unthreateningly play-acts at quasi-revolutionary politics for the consumption and approval of the elite

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
libs:] learn to code :razz:

"actually, im gonna learn chinese thanks :geno:"

libs:] :mad:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Thing is though you could smear all the poo poo, puke, piss, and/or any other excretion you could wring out of your body on the walls, floor, and ceiling and all the rich fucks there would ooh and aah about how avant garde it was because you're still in their stupid little party entertaining them and you don't scare them at loving all

it's really a simple concept. If they're inviting you to their big stupid party they don't see you as a threat,

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

its like when Kim Jong Un died because he hadn't done any ribbon cutting or parade waving for some reason, we will never know why

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
people named janice are like 80 years old. this loving lady is going to talking about public pressure for the next 20 years until she dies of heatstroke or a flash freeze in loving texas

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/KnowNothingTV/status/1437593468046544903?s=19

Are they the same people? Eh probably

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

apt name!!!!!!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

is being a Kennedy intern working class?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

AOC is working class in the sense of doing a work using class rhetoric

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Phobos Anomaly
Jul 23, 2018

Kill me.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
biden knows the secret of the brain spiders and is too smart to tell anyone

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmfao

quote:

A group of about 50 people gathered at his residence in the D.C. suburbs to protest the Supreme Court’s recent decision not to block a Texas law banning abortions as early as six weeks into pregnancy and called for Kavanaugh’s resignation.

Speaking at the start of a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) called the protests “another blatant attempt to intimidate the judiciary” and anyone who “disagrees with the radical agenda.”

He was joined in his denunciation by Democratic senators Richard J. Durbin (Ill.) and Patrick Leahy (Vt.), who said those unhappy with the court’s action should express themselves at the ballot box or outside the courthouse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tid=hp_politics

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol absolute cowards, they couldn't even pretend there was anything dangerous about the protest

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1437851434406580230

purestrain succ

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

my brain only operates at 2 Hz so unfortunately that .gif still gave me a seizure

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

didn't it turn out that she co-owned the bar she worked at?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yellowcar posted:

na, thats debunked

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

yellowcar posted:

suddenly we have a problem with co-ops

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

yellowcar posted:

that was just a wilful misinterpretation of her comments that she "helped launch" the place

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yellowcar posted:

nah, she overplayed the whole "I WAS A BARTENDER, A COMMON WORKING CLASS PERSON" thing but the co-owning thing was based on misreading a puff bit about the bar opening saying she was working there from day one or something.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

absolute dumbest take still circulating on the dress........ were u born yesterday u fuckin moron god drat

https://twitter.com/daviddoel/status/1437616865895927808

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

i'd like to come out and apologize to arf

i supported his previous probation because i hate scrolling bc my weak goony fingers get so tired

but then i saw that he was receptive to feedback about strobing gifs and reduced the strobe rate to prevent goons from seizing, and that has redeemed his work in my eyes (LOL)

free arf or whatever

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

absolute dumbest take still circulating on the dress........ were u born yesterday u fuckin moron god drat

That's pretty loving ageist of you and I will not have it in C-Spam. No. Sir. :colbert:

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

if anything is mainstream, it's the Met Gala

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I read they want to make it a federal crime punishable by years in prison + heavy $ fines. T/F?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"And her dress said "Tax the rich"!"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

this was the target demographic

not jaded leftists :smugbert:

"first ive heard of it, im so glad shes starting a conversation, hope it doesn't end abruptly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

lol these shitheads can't even replace an 83 year old justice from their own party while controlling congress and the presidency. go vote though that will fix it!