Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bolsonaro gonna infect them all with Covid and we get the NWO

Electronic old men running the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Taffer posted:

That AOC interview was a real nail in the coffin for something that had been a long time coming for me. I gave well over $1000 to various campaigns in 2020 between Bernie and Omar and other "progressives", and now I am never, ever going to give a single dollar or vote to a dem ever again. I've already crack-pinged a couple people I know with it and I'm going to continue to remind everyone I know of how worthless they are. There is no reforming this worthless garbage.

can't wait to watch the dems eat total poo poo in 2022 after completely loving up their mandate during a crisis when they have absolute power, AGAIN.

Good. Welcome.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Taffer posted:

That AOC interview was a real nail in the coffin for something that had been a long time coming for me. I gave well over $1000 to various campaigns in 2020 between Bernie and Omar and other "progressives", and now I am never, ever going to give a single dollar or vote to a dem ever again. I've already crack-pinged a couple people I know with it and I'm going to continue to remind everyone I know of how worthless they are. There is no reforming this worthless garbage.

can't wait to watch the dems eat total poo poo in 2022 after completely loving up their mandate during a crisis when they have absolute power, AGAIN.

Which interview video? She seems to have a major interview every week or so.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Manager Hoyden posted:

A lot of retail laborers have bonkers work schedules decided by an algorithm now. Thirty minutes on, one hour off, thirty minutes on, four hours off, one hour on to close. I wonder if food service workers are getting the same treatment.
:stare: What in the eternal gently caress

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
bernies plan to lower m4a 10 years rules and I hope it happens. prob wont tho, but it's cool. bernie sucks but he sucks the least out of every prominent american politician (extremely low bar)

aoc interview is depressing as hell. dunno if she can pull up from the tailspin shes been in since bernie dropped out. she's gone full succ.

korra was ok, airbender was a masterpiece.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the mileage tax only "works" like a tax on cigarettes when driving is a luxury

people need good mass transit and need to live closer to work first, then you can think about taxing driving without just making workers even more poor

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So from the ellis stuff earlier

https://www.patreon.com/posts/soooo-twitter-49295710

quote:

Good job, online left! You bullied an online...leftist content maker... from the internet? yay?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

:qq:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Tubgoat posted:

:stare: What in the eternal gently caress

The Cyber-Molochs are definitely one of the most understated tortures modern corporate wage labor has to offer. At Marriot they tried gamifying an entirely arbitrary and carnie-style unwinnable points system decided by one of those digital demons. Don't you want to play? Don't you want to win?
Butlerian Jihad now before it's too late.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

quote:

Good job, online left! You bullied an online...leftist content maker... from the internet? yay?

lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lmao
[/quote]

Lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulRudnickNY/status/1375932163099615238

squinting as hard as i can to try and make this a riff on tucker carlson saying qanon doesnt exist but i think hes being sincere

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Rectal Death Adept posted:

On the subject of the vaccine I want to say all the articles and arguments I've read or heard about how Biden is distributing more of it than Trump are real dumb.

"By the time Biden took office we had only distributed This Many Vaccine! Now we are distributing record amounts!"

The existence of the vaccines wasn't even announced until after the election. Approvals didn't come until December. Biden took office like 4-5 weeks later when production was already ramping up.

This isn't a defense of trump but I work in manufacturing and going from "This doesn't Exist" to millions of doses out the door being administered in a matter of weeks was ridiculously fast and giving Biden any credit at all in this is extremely loving dumb. A painting of george washington would have managed the distribution of vaccine exactly the same way as Joe Biden has.

The point is more that the only thing trump did was sell them to states and that was it. No logistical assistance for distribution. Just dumped it on their doorstep and said here you go, your problem now!

Whereas glorious, most progressive president in history josphette Robin biden kinda had FEMA do some joint stuff state health departments. Meanwhile he made sure to respect states rights by not telling all the governors to go pound sand with their loving atrocious tier systems. A true visionary.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1375886780927475714?s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/sigmafactor/status/1375892898596655104?s=19

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lmfao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
She's still a hotwife.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1376155675231944707?s=20

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Rent paid.

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1375911503283552259?s=19

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

We need to acknowledge our frontline heros, sure, but what about our frontline landlords?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mirello posted:

no it was not okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ModX151Ipgs

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

jesus loving christ

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Mirello posted:

bernies plan to lower m4a 10 years rules and I hope it happens. prob wont tho, but it's cool. bernie sucks but he sucks the least out of every prominent american politician (extremely low bar)

aoc interview is depressing as hell. dunno if she can pull up from the tailspin shes been in since bernie dropped out. she's gone full succ.

Won't loving pass. During this presidency if Bernie or AOC are fighting for it, it's because it won't be allowed to pass.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
That said, lowering it to 60 may not even be that bad for insurance companies considering that is when serious payouts begin to happen and they would still be making money from Medicare C premiums.

I doubt it would be a route to Medicare for All. If it happens at all.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fitter. Happier. More productive.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1375874582213705732

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
That said, I do think Biden is pushing for some improvements to only the extent that they think it will allow them to some how “beat China.” Granted, as the mileage tax shows, they don’t have a problem with working people paying for it.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

campaign biden (18:36)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4CLoiA3vfQ&t=1116s

quote:

barkan: the world health organization is leading an unprecedented global effort to promote international cooperation in the search for covid-19 treatments and vaccines, but donald trump has refused to join that effort, cutting america off from the rest of the world. if the us discovers a vaccine first, will you commit to sharing that technology with other countries? and will you ensure there are no patents to stand in the way of other countries and companies mass-producing those life-saving vaccines?

biden: absolutely positively. this is the only humane thing in the world to do.

watching this again and lol at the amount of cuts in every one of biden's answers

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this was a much better video than it had any right to be because it introduces the idea of wealthy people thinking that having wealth is an intrinsic part of their identity the same way a gay person thinks that having sex with people of the same gender is an intrinsic part of their identity all with the use of bending as a metaphor hey wheres all that british laughter coming from

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

She's still a hotwife.

And at worst, you'd only be on the hook for child support for a few years

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Mirello posted:

did we have an avatar derail in here? i just binged airbender and im almost done with korra. watched the m night shamalan movie for a laugh.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Ardennes posted:

That said, I do think Biden is pushing for some improvements to only the extent that they think it will allow them to some how “beat China.” Granted, as the mileage tax shows, they don’t have a problem with working people paying for it.

That neoliberals in step with Biden want to solve the wrong problems is kind of the whole problem with letting neoloberals run government. If they pass this stupid tax then they also use it to say mission accomplished about road infrastructure or whatever they've deemed it solved and discourse closed, like every other scrap. Child poverty is now cut in half you see! No don't look closer.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/avethefirst/status/1375735521448583170?s=19

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

did we have an avatar derail in here? i just binged airbender and im almost done with korra. watched the m night shamalan movie for a laugh.

back half of korra book 1 was such poo poo that I could never convince myself to check out the rest of it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
What geological ancestry has the raven hair white people?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

That neoliberals in step with Biden want to solve the wrong problems is kind of the whole problem with letting neoloberals run government. If they pass this stupid tax then they also use it to say mission accomplished about road infrastructure or whatever they've deemed it solved and discourse closed, like every other scrap. Child poverty is now cut in half you see! No don't look closer.

Potholes down by 50% (projected). Bridge collapses down by 50% (projected). Projection period: 1 year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Taffer posted: