Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Yinlock posted:

I like how they front-load all the awful poo poo to ensure that any impact of the ~$1400~ is dulled

like why not lead with the biden bucks then slip the awful poo poo through afterwards

because our suffering is the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trumps presidency lifted more americans out of poverty than any other in my life time lol

LOL just LOL

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

More like spider hyphen ban

:vince:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

It's deeply funny that they made that show completely zoomer-media unsexy because it was Robert Jordan's long form wank fodder to begin with. There's a whole book about spanking, ffs

lmao what

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

loquacius posted:

Mat is pretty good but I heard they replaced him after S1 for some reason???

supposedly he wanted to be a more “serious” Mat and they wrote him more as comic relief

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

I dunno. It's been decades since I read the series. But I remember there was a book where one (more?) of the women went to not-japan, and had to wear a collar and get spanked for the entire thing. I wanna say it was somewhere in books 8-10, cause I don't think I ever made it past that.

Also Rand gets locked in a trunk by a bunch of dominatrixes for like 300 pages.

The whole series is rife with BDSM stuff. Hell, in the show Moiraine is like "I was having trouble with my college homework, but you know what helped? An older lady came to my room at night, tied me up, and beat me until I got it." So a lot of that stuff is left in the show it's just not titillating at all which is deeply funny for books that were typed one handed

bahahaha I’m only halfway into book three, I guess I’m still before all of that (though there has been the whole deeply uncomfortable introduction of the Seanchan dominatrix society that is totally-not-China/japan)

fantasy authors are so deeply weird

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Supreme Court Justice Jeremy Corbyn

Justice Bloomberg

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

zegermans posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready for how utterly lovely of a nominee Biden shits out. Ketanji Brown Jackson would probably be ok, but I'm not holding me breath.

whoever he nominates, however good or bad they are, will never get confirmed until the power has swung back to the republicans.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

oh poo poo good call I wanna make sure I vote for the side that actually GETS poo poo DONE

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

its impossible to understate how insanely funny it is that Roe will be overturned under Democratic control of the executive and legislative branches

I fully expect there to be some weird conflation of the way things happened in the vein of “rEpUbLiCaNs FrEeD tHe SlAvEs!!”

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

To everyone blaming the Democrats, you know it's possible to blame republicans instead, right? Because they're the ones who do it; it's their fault. If one party supports roe v wade, and one doesn't, then it's the one that doesn't that did it, god drat.

they’ve chosen to do nothing consistently and that makes them complicit, hth

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Nucleic Acids posted:

don't let the blame off of voters that easy. they aren't guiltless in all of this.

no angles in all of this

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

2024: Ronnie’s Revenge

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

This thread makes references to Final Fantasy VII and X, but in reality we are all living in Final Fantasy VIII.

Which is apt since it’s the worst Final Fantasy.

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress you!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Nothus posted:

According to Alito, the next thing they're going after is gay marriage.

makes sense, doing a LIFO

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

:negative:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

lmao look at smoothbrains over here, finally got a clue

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

no way this person is real

Thomas believes in the “abortion is genocide to POC” conspiracy too

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

The mods have made their stance on young mouth clear.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

man goons cannot help running a joke into the ground

you can use syq juice up to three times on a single post!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/kentborg/status/1524250175165779968?t=p23-9PIncvUvHcIKjaJ36g&s=19

My wife is as liberal as they come and this is why she's against labor organizing

my wife, extremely liberal and just out of frame

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

lmao what plan? a plan implies action, Jack

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don’t know how anyone would be dumb enough to think abortion discourse would save the Dems in November. It highly motivates people who were (1) already highly motivated and (2) already team blue forever. That’s just your base. People who don’t vote or don’t vote for democrats aren’t going to rise up over this issue any more than they would any other issue

even more, their inability to DO anything (even to just come out and say we’re not gonna support abortion rights) will split any base they have and decrease their turnout

the ONLY chance they have to get their base motivated and ready to vote would be a clear position on abortion backed by an actual attempt to get legislation passed, followed by more attempts to get it passed after it inevitably fails the first run.

but that is a bridge too far for them so they’ll fracture their possible voters and somehow Bernie will be blamed.

this i see, and more…

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

hahahhahahahahahahha

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Agean90 posted:

https://twitter.com/krystalball/status/1526775598437216256?t=Cm42aOjzmb9ga9i4i2EP-w&s=19

thank u comrade manchin for proving the effectiveness of accelerationism

:sickos:

it will mean nothing to him in the end because the Dems aren’t self aware enough to even comprehend what this means but I’m glad to see it anyway

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

:sickos:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

99pct of germs posted:

well actually you see our arcane entirely arbitrary parliamentary rules says so, further more doing something would undermine the sanctity of the institutions. our hands are simply tied you moron, you complete imbecile. please don't forget to hit that vote button and a leave a donation

my favorite part of the “VOTE” crowd is that they are entirely unable to define a point at which there will have been enough voting and things can finally get done

(because there is none, the Dems could control literally every seat in every chamber, the entire Supreme Court, and the presidency and they’d still be begging people to VOTE!)

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

one name is absent from this article and it’s a big one lmao

bah gawd is that HER music?!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Smythe posted:

its been like one day. relax. its not like this is an active shooter situation lol. the thread has been there for years. you can wait for 24 hours for your swift vengeance. the thread is already gassed

lmao not sure that makes it better

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

cannot get over how something like this manages to happen repeatedly only for mods to wonder why everybody mocks them.

code:
SA Forums
- Layout
- History
- Notable posters
    - Murderers
    - Pedophiles
        - Moderators
- Internet Influence
Wikipedia page looking good

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

bedpan posted:

you mean congress can pass laws????

only when the GOP is in power

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Vim Fuego posted:

I love the peekaboo act the mods and admins play where they lock a controversial thread and say "we're discussing the issue, we'll announce our conclusions"

They have never announced conclusions. Idk, maybe it's nice they still bother with the charade. Shows uh spirit?

Drake mods no: bread and roses
Drake mods yes: bread and circuses

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

forums poster 'I Love Annie May' is pointing a gun in my face. i dont hate them for it. but they are threatening me. not asking for any disciplinary action just wanted to raise awareness of an assault occuring in the forums

the only thing that could have stopped this is a good poster with a gun

but the liberals don’t want you to know that

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

finally, we found it

a good mod

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

look at mister boot licker over here

:negative:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Meltdown may dragging into Autumn this year

eternal September for the modern age

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

what did you just call me

the posters were astonished at his doctrine, they hated him because he spoke the truth

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

There's a mod slot open for this man if it was a loli ahego hoodie.

there is a 0% chance the hoodie didn’t contain at least one instance of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

The most important takeaway is that he beats DRUMPF, not that we are supposed to be okay with having 66% of the country thinking our chosen leader is a useless dinosaur

lmao that all the GOP has to do is run a candidate who is even slightly likable by the public and they trash Biden in the election

but who can say what they’ll do, impossible to tell