Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

General Bullshit posted:

Michelle is going to kill it in this show because she has experience showing genuine affection to a puppet.

dipsy doo dunkaroo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
me smiling, smiling harder, smiling so hard my mouth widens in an ever-expanding rictus: the democrats are ... GOOD!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Lotta posts in this thread which seem to insinuate the Democrats are Bad, when in fact they are Good!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
milkshake ducklo

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Our Man Glenn

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Imagine suing a site because you can't post on it anymore lmao

lol if they win and it sets a precedent allowing tmrmp to get his account restored

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
none of those fancy-rear end expensive coats come in tall sizes anyway

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
means-tested dog bites

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

my queen

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Just for those new posters who might not be in the know. I better not catch any of you using these terms here.

1. Girlboss
2. Democrat party
3. Defund the police
4. poo poo sucker
5. NoJoe
6. Snowflake
7. Karen
8. Frog
9. Yank
10. Republic party
11. Obungler
12. Liberal
13. Worm
14. Concentration Camp
15. ????

champ
kiddo
babe

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

this was literally a dave chappelle stand-up bit 20 years ago

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Asproigerosis posted:

whys meatloaf there though

that's tv's frank and you can't convince me otherwise

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lumpentroll posted:

it has his loving name on the poster

of course he's in the movie, it's his poster!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i mean ... she's not wrong

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

World War Mammories posted:

there is an entire "simps" subreddit devoted to vulvas that look like homer simpson's mouth and i think that's wonderful

:dudsmile:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lightfoot's entire campaign was centered around her being black, a woman, and a lesbian.

lori lightfoot is a jon mulaney bit?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
dental plan

bernie needs braces

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

when you watch Judge Dredd and think "drat, I wish we lived in that world"

IIRC MegaCity One has UBI, functional mass transit, and some level of equitable access to decent medical care.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
chen's right

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lol, guess the Dems would rather cut off their nose than let Fetterman take that Senate seat, huh?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

WHY DO DEMOCRATS CARE ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO LIZ CHENEY AAAAAAAAAGH

ahem

sorry, had something in my throat there

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Excelzior posted:

Steve Carell is the only funny person to come out of the Daily Show

too bad he hasn't been funny since like season 5 of the office

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

tbf there's a lot worse takes on george floyd that you could get out of a group of 50-something white dudes from boston

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
everyone loves orb mom! the gentle mom who loves orbs!

we regret to inform you the orb mom is a war crimes apologist

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Euphoriaphone posted:

reminder that kate mckinnon used to date bari weiss

:stare:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Meat Miracle posted:

read "pr agency" as pregnancy

mark my words, "mistakes into miracles 2024" is the trump redemption narrative to which we are all damned

how trump get pragent?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

hahaha

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

spacemang_spliff posted:

was Vlierat a D&D mod?

Laterite has issued a correction as of 06:57 on May 19, 2021

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

that truck is younger than joe biden

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

drat she owns

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Judakel posted:

ironically matthew could win because he is a texas celebrity and stands for nothing. beto wants to take your guns and is best known for losing. he is hosed.

he's also a republican

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

fits my needs posted:

why didn’t kamala go to the Tulsa thing

she would break out in a fit of laughter at some point and awkwardly try to fist bump one of the tour guides

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
eyyy i'm racketeerin ova heah!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
means tested madonne

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Jon Stewart has lost his loving mind.

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1404657161666445313

https://twitter.com/jgcOCANADA/status/1404654705419169793

Laterite has issued a correction as of 06:06 on Jun 15, 2021

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

i'm the excess gravel that spills out and creates a slip & fall hazard

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Jeni Xardin

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lol that the Daous and the Breunigs have the healthiest, adult, relationships in all media and it drives centrists mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Gulf of Tonkin Incident
August 4, 1964

My fellow Americans: - As President and Commander in Chief, it is my duty to the American people to report that renewed hostile actions against United States ships on the high seas in the Gulf of Tonkin have today required me to order the military forces of the United States to take action in reply.

The initial attack on the destroyer Maddox, on August 2, was repeated today by a number of hostile vessels attacking two U.S. destroyers with torpedoes. The destroyers and supporting aircraft acted at once on the orders I gave after the initial act of aggression. We believe at least two of the attacking boats were sunk. There were no U.S. losses.

The performance of commanders and crews in this engagement is in the highest tradition of the United States Navy. But repeated acts of violence against the Armed Forces of the United States must be met not only with alert defense, but with positive reply. That reply is being given as I speak to you tonight. Air action is now in execution against gunboats and certain supporting facilities in North Viet-Nam which have been used in these hostile operations.

In the larger sense this new act of aggression, aimed directly at our own forces, again brings home to all of us in the United States the importance of the struggle for peace and security in southeast Asia. Aggression by terror against the peaceful villagers of South Viet-Nam has now been joined by open aggression on the high seas against the United States of America.

The determination of all Americans to carry out our full commitment to the people and to the government of South Viet-Nam will be redoubled by this outrage. Yet our response, for the present, will be limited and fitting. We Americans know, although others appear to forget, the risks of spreading conflict. We still seek no wider war.

I have instructed the Secretary of State to make this position totally clear to friends and to adversaries and, indeed, to all. I have instructed Ambassador Stevenson to raise this matter immediately and urgently before the Security Council of the United Nations. Finally, I have today met with the leaders of both parties in the Congress of the United States and I have informed them that I shall immediately request the Congress to pass a resolution making it clear that our Government is united in its determination to take all necessary measures in support of freedom and in defense of peace in southeast Asia.

I have been given encouraging assurance by these leaders of both parties that such a resolution will be promptly introduced, freely and expeditiously debated, and passed with overwhelming support. And just a few minutes ago I was able to reach Senator Goldwater and I am glad to say that he has expressed his support of the statement that I am making to you tonight.

It is a solemn responsibility to have to order even limited military action by forces whose overall strength is as vast and as awesome as those of the United States of America, but it is my considered conviction, shared throughout your Government, that firmness in the right is indispensable today for peace; that firmness will always be measured. Its mission is peace.

Apropos of nothing, but Jim Morrison's dad was the admiral in command of the fleet at Tonkin during the "incident".