Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

alarumklok posted:

posting in the cucc zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Jay-V posted:

iiirc there is a real non-ironic subreddit called "neoliberal"

Yeah but there's a subreddit for everything and every reactionary group that has spawned over the course of history.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Excelzior posted:

tx for posting a random dipshit cryptocoin enthusiast with <1k followers I guess

The succ zone is healing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This flow chart assumes that democrats would ever do anything good and that's why you see the exact same response as if they have never done anything good. Since we know that the democrats are good, that chart is absolutely correct.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ruzihm posted:

now the us can have sensible adult leadership, like france.

https://twitter.com/DanielZamoraV/status/1360203303557226500

uh oh!

https://twitter.com/palumcaramor/status/1360221956868612098

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mostly Lurking posted:

It's cool that the only thing the dems can actually do is make sure anyone vaguely left can't hold any power. Good poo poo.

But have you considered that dems are actually good at it?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

Free Taintrunner

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

That's the wrong Jimmy.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This thread mostly regained the the structure and format of the succzone. Give it some time to see how long it lasts.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Every thread in cspam is talking about the same thing all the time anyway

That's not true. Video games thread is mostly about video games. Climate doom thread is severely depressed most of the time. Economics thread spends a lot of time talking about random poo poo like used cars and cryptocurrency, the asia thread is mainly for posting random chinese youtube videos.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am just surprised everyone is coming out about this now.

Y'all should have said something about how the thread was constantly being ruined by a rapist shitposter while constantly bashing mcmagic, quetzilla, and xtal.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

the comic relief bill

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

we already reached the apex with having a poster president

The greatest poster.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Salean posted:

well she is an asset

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

succ zone is healing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lol

lmao

quote:

The agency first disclosed that it had lost track of 1,475 children late last year, as it came under fire at a Senate hearing in April.

From April to June, HHS called 11,254 children the agency had placed with sponsors, and found 25 of the children had run away, and 1,488 could not be located, according to the data provided to the subcommittee.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Feb 23, 2021

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zurtilik posted:

Lol they're gonna lock this thread again.

That's fine, you can just start "Democrats, they're great!" thread.

Just need some clever succ acronym to tack on at the end.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Raccooon posted:

Sorry the Biden admins kid cages are not to be criticized unless you can produce a detailed plan that would be a better solution.

That's not a problem, they just won't admit it's a better solution.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The HHS standard.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

why exactly is health and human services running "facilities"
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/u-s-reopens-texas-tent-facility-to-hold-immigrant-teenagers

quote:

HHS operates long-term facilities for immigrant children apprehended by the Border Patrol. Its 7,100 beds are almost entirely full, leading the agency to re-open Carrizo Springs. Meanwhile, around 700 children are being held by Border Patrol, which has reopened a tent facility in South Texas and otherwise holds immigrants in stations unequipped to detain children. The Border Patrol’s McAllen Processing Center — where images of detained immigrants were shared worldwide when the Trump administration separated families — is closed for renovations that will remove large cages formed by chain-link fencing.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It looks like it was https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/lg-exalt-lte

Which came out only 3 or 4 years ago. Surprisingly new.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1364009580531879938

quite the weasel words there and he would have gotten away with it too if the first line in the article didnt explicitly say that trump also had a sanctions plan ready to go

the difference is that trumps plan undermined nato by just deciding to do it on our own
It's addressed later in the article

quote:

It is not clear why the sanctions proposal, which former officials said was ready to go by early January, stalled at the end of Trump’s term. But the former president was notoriously reluctant to penalize the Kremlin or confront Vladimir Putin directly, and the sanctions package would have required his approval.

See this speculation obviously implies that it is completely Trumps fault.

quote:

Ryan Tully, who served as Senior Director for European and Russian Affairs on the NSC in the final six months of the Trump administration, said U.S. sanctions will be a key next step — along with working to end Nord Stream 2, an export gas pipeline running from Russia to Europe across the Baltic Sea that Biden has so far resisted imposing further sanctions on. Germany in particular is bullish on Nord Stream 2, complicating multilateral action, especially as the U.S. tries to repair relations with German Chancellor Angela Merkel following tense relations in the Trump era.

“Sanctioning Russia using the CBW Act, Magnitsky Act, and/or EO 13382, for the poisoning of Alexei Navalny is an important step in that it reinforces the global norm against chemical weapons use,” Tully said. “Ultimately, these tools won’t change Putin’s calculus or behavior however. Putting a stake in the heart of Nord Stream 2 could, and would, drain billions from Putin’s coffers.”

You don't say? I still don't see anything about sanctions on Europe or Germany thou, because how else do you plan on stopping that pipeline?

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 17:44 on Feb 24, 2021

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Waiting 30 years so that they are not kids anymore would also work.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:lmao:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

quote:

Richard Sharp, the chairman of the BBC and a former Goldman Sachs banker, bought two for his sons, now 28 and 26, and invested in the company after he tried on his first coat. “My son who is in New York City wore it all winter, even though he is very antimaterialistic, anticapitalist,” he said. “It is discreet enough.”

Know your enemy.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

actionjackson posted:

spending a lot of money on a super nice coat is less materialistic then constantly buying cheap coats that you have to replace every few years

Conspicous consumption is explicitly materialistic.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

Stop posting that weirdo with literally 0 likes or retweets

But have you considered that this is the thread for getting mad at other people posting on the internet?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

God Hole posted:

isn't bailey dead?

kinda like this wealth tax bill is gonna be

I think it was some random edit, or shitpost.

I remember someone posted a tweet in the succ thread saying that, but there was no proof.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

red brown alliance will always be incredibly dumb.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you have buttons, you can forum ban him

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Oh it was in the dystopia thread, that I saw that post last year.

wikipedia posted:

Asimov would often fondle and kiss women at conventions and elsewhere without regard for their consent. Several of Asimov's own personal writings testify to this, including Asimov's 1971 The Sensuous Dirty Old Man, in which he wrote, "The question then is not whether or not a girl should be touched. The question is merely where, when, and how she should be touched."[273]

In any case, he [Alfred Bester] always gave me the biggest hello it was possible to hand out. I use the term figuratively, because what he gave me more than once (lots more than once, especially if he saw me before I saw him) was more than a verbal greeting. He enclosed me in a bear hug and kissed me on the cheek. And, occasionally, if I had my back to him, he did not hesitate to goose me.

This discomfited me in two ways. First, it was a direct physical discomfiture. I am not used to being immobilized by a hug and then kissed, and I am certainly not used to being goosed.

A more indirect discomfiture and a much worse one was my realization that just as I approached Alfie very warily when I saw him before he saw me, it might be possible that young women approached me just as warily, for I will not deny to you that I have long acted on the supposition that hugging, kissing, and goosing was a male prerogative, provided young women (not aging males) were the target. You have no idea how it spoiled things to me when I couldn't manage to forget that the young women might be edging away.

I wonder if Alfie did it on purpose in order to widen my understanding of human nature and to reform me. No, I don't think so. It was just his natural ebullience

Small Gay Planet posted:

at least there is somewhat of a redemption arc

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tricky D posted:

in the beginning sure. once quagmire set in coverage cratered

They are happy to admit that USA is losing the war and that's why the troops can't leave. Just quietly so that not too many people notice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/15/world/asia/taliban-afghanistan.html

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1372656312350294024

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The more out there stuff about Afghanistan that you'll hear from a crank and not the news is that the military decided that the troops can't leave because of China https://youtu.be/91wz5syVNZs?t=1236

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

USA has military bases all over Africa

CSPAM: "We must oppose the han financial colonialism at all costs!"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Strawman, in my CSPAM?!?

Turn on your monitor.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Oh, I see. So, because we cut down all of our old growth forests, Brazil needs to put a stop on industrial development forever?

That depends on if you want to still have human civilization around next century or not, but also not just Brazil.

Edit: Besides aren't indigenous people in Brazil opposing the industrial development of the rainforest?

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Mar 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

Nuke Amazon

:hmmyes: