Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
"Let's see how this plays in history" is the littlest dick energy thing I've read today. While this guy's dumb rear end is worried about "history," republicans are off celebrating another win, democrats are marking another week of not having to talk about Biden stiffing their voters for $600 and never delivering a red cent of relief, and both are going on vacation so Chris C**ns can get his shriveled mushroom cap wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I thought Obama reversed on marriage equality because Biden said Obama was for it in a public interview so he couldn't back out of it.

Still took the courts to actually do anything about it, though.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dolphin posted:

Biden said he was fine with it in one sentence of an interview after decades of legislating against it. The case was already in full swing with Justice Department involvement by then and it's obvious they knew which way the winds were blowing. It was a cold political calculation; get ol' casual Joe to say something surprising to gauge public reaction and give cover to Obama.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110806181726/http://www.metroweekly.com/poliglot/2011/07/new-york-attorney-general-take.html

That makes sense. I always figured it was Biden dumbassing himself in the right direction for once, which, let's be honest, could gave reasonably been the case, too.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

such keen insights, deserved every heart

This makes me sad, because deep down I know my mom gave him one of those likes.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
It rules how, out the six presidents in my lifetime not counting Biden, liberal antichrist Romp was at the highest 3rd worst for foreign and domestic policy behind Reagan and W. Bush. I'm only putting him that high because H.W., Clinton, and Obama hid the skeletons in their closets better, and I'm too exhausted to look deeper into them.

Biden's on track to be slightly worse than Trump, because Trump was too stupid, lazy, and openly antagonistic with intelligence agencies to start a war and gave $1,800 to all Americans. Biden isn't going to materially help anyone but his top donors, and helping them means coups in South America at the very least.

Trump is a stupid, lazy, racist, rapist, evil 80's business sociopath, and that description fits Buden perfectly if you swap the word "business" with "politician."

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Karlmarxhd/status/1364028909839384577?s=20

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
The running joke with Sanders was "As a mother..."

It's identity politics for the sociopath set.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

after making Joe Biden look bad by initially saying it should be 4T, Manchin will now make the dems bargain with themselves and also get corporate tax cuts into the bill somehow

this is good because only Joe Manchin could win in WV

lmao

Someone's gotta play the heel, and Manchin will happily be the frowny face that negotiates Democrat bills down to what the party actually wants, but would be to electorally naughty to say outright. Every hand measure and policy failure that just so happens to further the status quo gets blamed on him, so the blue state libs can pt it all on him and not their own lovely senators, the donors are happy, everybody the party cares about wins.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

witchy posted:

how dare you? castro took my abuelito's whole plantation, slaves and all

Literally what happened to my grandparents, although they swore up and down they didn't own slaves. If they lived long enough to see the only reason I don't consider myself a communist is because I haven't read enough to be confident in saying so they would have disowned me so fast

Them bringing my mom over when she was two years old led to her meeting my dad, so in a very real sense I owe my life to Fidel Castro.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

joepinetree posted:

He convinced the University of oxford researchers who created that vaccine to partner with astrazeneca rather than making it public domain, and has since then campaigned against ip waivers and use his money to defend ip in the name of vaccine access.

Gates also has a poo poo ton of AZ stock, so he did that so his $100,000,000,000+ fortune could grow a little bigger.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

My wife and I saw a community production of Avenue Q that had an all white cast. Seeing a 50 year old white guy playing Gary Coleman and singing Everyone's a Little Bit Racist was as awkward as you would expect.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Biden said he was a big boy and could walk to the rose garden himself and by God he's going to do it if it takes another 5 months.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/1435342105128357895

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Shame on this thread not recognizing the only good Star Wars movie, Spaceballs.

It was the only one featuring a damning critique of marketing and the rapacious nature of capitalism and lightsaber dick jokes.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Listen, if Pete could take a pill that made him straight, he'd down it in a heartbeat.

While looking Chasten dead in the eye.

With his cold, dead, beady, rat eyes.

And the pill pushed into a piece of cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Watching liberals lose their minds at Biden not having any mind left to lose and realizing there is no escape plan, no Democratic back bench they could reasonably swap him out for since establishment dems kneecapped anyone left of Goldwater and unlikable shills like Mayor Pete and Harris are floating fish about to get flushed has been, well, it's been really great.