Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I mean,
he's not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Mirthless posted:

he is because what he means is "they should not be seen in places that could lower the value of our flats"

he isn't advocating a compassionate alternative, he's saying that he feels bad but the fact that they're experiencing poverty is harmful to the rights of landowners

Well yeah I figured. I don't really know anything about the Yang campaign except when it did some cringe ads a month or so ago, but that is usually what people running for mayor or whatever mean when they talk about "the homeless problem".

I'm just saying if someone didn't know that and just saw that tweet, they'd probably just agree with him. As evidenced by some of the replies.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Penis

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

readingatwork posted:

One of the most baffling things about the current moment is that the system could be very easily stabilized by doing a modest wealth transfer to ensure the middle class has at least some foothold into the next generation. You don't even have to stop loving over the poor or deal with racist institutions like the police. If around 55% of the public is comfortable enough they'll rationalize the system and work to keep it going regardless of how hard it fucks over those at the bottom.

And the rich are throwing that away because they have to have *all* of the money instead of *most of it*. They need those last precious drops of blood held by the middle class no mater what and are probably going to destroy the world trying to get it.

It's basically the same thing with climate change. These people know that if we keep chopping up rain forests and extracting oil we'll just die faster, but we gotta expand those margins!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I will never vote for kamala and neither should anyone else

Good news, nobody did and she's still VP!

KomradeX posted:

That's why all these Billionaires want to escape to space

My favorite recent internet exchange was with someone declaring that the Left should rally around Elon Musk, and one reason was because he wanted to make Humanity multi-planetary so as to avoid extinction.
The other reason was that Tesla has oil companies "shook".

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

loquacius posted:

I have been repeatedly informed that actually Kamala won the general election in 2020 and you don't know how American politics works if you say otherwise

Also we are chuds for calling her Kamala as opposed to Harris.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

silicone thrills posted:

Reading this post listening to "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and thinking about Kamala keeping prisoners in prison longer than planned in order to fight fires.

I will never vote for Kamala Harris. Her crimes against humanity are numerous.

Wait she kept them in longer to do that?
It was hosed up before I knew about that part but holy poo poo

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

wtf why are so many people ride-or-die for this lady holy poo poo

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

You earn an early release doing the most insanely dangerous and heroic thing anyone does in this loving country and some piece of poo poo prosecutor whose only job is breaking up families and justifying civil asset forfeitures tries to keep you in for extra time holy poo poo

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Champ had information leading to the arrest of Hillary Clinton

Champ has driven 5 miles outside of the city limits and shot himself 3 times in the chest, tragic. Linking the suicide hotline below

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

I don't agree with the incessant doomerism that gets passed along as wisdom. What's your goal, to get people riled up? To give up? Is anyone more informed by reading that? It's also a bit contradictory, like clearly improvements and concessions have been made, the national discourse has shifted but its a country with 400 million people with minority rule of the sparsely populated rural America baked into the political system and a media ecosystem that is deadset against major reforms; change is hard and the majority of people don't want to risk death and starvation and other deprivations to make it happen "fast".

Part of the problem is that the American left are bad at their jobs; they aren't an effective unified political force that can make priorities and funding decisions to target vulnerable politicians for victories to build up their movement; like the greens the American left seems overly focused on symbolic victories like getting Bernie Sanders elected President and it broke a lot of brains when that reality never materialized and so its just endless concentric rings of people who yell at each other as they do against people in power; can't make political alliances, can't do any long term planning; and are extremely vulnerable to wedge issues.

Social media is a dual edged sword because it gives a loud megaphone to some of the absolutely worse voices and their sycophants who paint the entire left with their baggage. Did you know there are anti-immigration leftists? drat wouldn't it be great if they could be firmly shutout of the discourse by a singular organization who had power over its most prominent members? Oh, there aren't; so they get to keep spewing garbage.

There's no means of disseminating talking points designed to actually convince the audience and only seems designed to yell at people and signal to the choir their credentials; there's no leadership. There's localized decentralized "memes" which give something of a semblance of talking points, but its mostly just mobilizing the mob like the digital equivalent of the Cultural Revolutions Red Guards stomping on targets within reach and not the actual power structures that you say are not allowing leftists to gain power and influence.

It's weird to me the framing as well, why should you be allowed power? Shouldn't you earn it? I'd say by "taking" it but I want to be clear I'm not advocating for violence; but by winning elections and good effective campaigning and being alert for grifters?

I hate every part of this

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Every time Tim Kaine comes up in the discourse I have to Bing who the hell he is

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

loquacius posted:

confession: I didn't even turn sound on on this video, I just saw it and instantly knew it was thread content

https://twitter.com/OGoftheHRCway/status/1406020115066331141

Why is she dressed like a baby?

Also lol@ the idea that Hillary Clinton gives a poo poo about Bill being a predator

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

You can't make me watch this.

Yeah I could only skip around, don't self-harm by watching that poo poo please.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Nichael posted:

I know about the Virgil thing, but who why is the Biden's dead "doge" (I want to die when I read that) some kind of battleground for libs now?

i;m thinkin about thos baileys

In the gen x/millennial Lib mind a "doge" or "doggo" is more important and pure than a human. Humans complain when you gently caress them over constantly, but you can train a dog to stay loyal though neglect. A moderately cared-for dog will love you no matter what you do outside the home, and a Lib will take that as evidence that they're a good person. To make fun of the fact that a dog died is therefore grotesque, and to mistreat one deserves a harsher penalty than murder.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I miss bees. It was really cool to just watch them bumbling around on flowers and poo poo. Don't really see them anymore.

I don't think I've seen a single firefly in about 15 years at least.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Buttchug Mouthwash posted:

there were a ton in the stream valley last night it was really cool. blinking in the dark and then lightning in the distance. i was like "dam this is cool" for a minute and then i had to get back and check out the hot new qcs drama

That's pretty cool, thank you

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Demon-crap farty, that's what I think of them anyway

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

As a Chicagoan, I cannot believe someone would hire a coworkers under-qualified relative for anything, much less a government job.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

:lmao:

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Crime is out of control.

Maybe if the dems get it under control, all the republicans will become not-republicans

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

also I just realized it's being held on the north side this year. what the gently caress. I loved it being held on the latino immigrant areas on the southwest side.

That does kinda suck, been ages since I lived near Palmer Square Park but iirc it is super gentrified

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

i'll probably be mocked for this but when biden somehow got into the white house after 1/6 I thought they would at least do some basic reform and protection of voting rights and democracy, as well as actually going up against the coup conspirators out of some sense of self-preservation, given how close some of them were to getting hanged or shot by the rioters. But now that they are openly refusing to kill the filibuster to do those things as well as Garland openly defending Trump in his legal issues its obvious that any remote iota of change is impossible now and things will stay the same until the eventual collapse or the next coup attempt succeeds

I had very low expectations of Biden and the democrats and they somehow came in underneath them

I mean that all sounds like a lot of work. Biden's trying to look for new dogs dude he doesn't have time for that

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

liberals get so god drat mad when you point out that most texan residents either didnt vote or voted for non republicans because then how are they gonna feel morally superior while they make fun of the people suffering under their privatized power grid.

(it doesn't help that around 1993 texas had a full blue state government that didn't do poo poo about the privatized power grid)

Well don't forget, not voting is exactly the same as voting republican, for reasons.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

good job calling that lib take :waycool:

As a dumbass, it's pretty easy for me to intuit the dumbass response to things. Also libs haven't changed their messaging in like 50 years

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Are any of these people pissed at Beto? Dude ate poo poo on the state-level race and basically took chunk of the Texan Democratic party's infrastructure to eat poo poo at a presidential run, why not make him the sin eater of Texas?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

I know you're not supposed to judge people on how they look but Krysten Sinema seems like she'd be really really annoying if she crashed your party

I feel like politicos tailor their image more than most people, so it's actually perfectly fine to judge them based on appearances.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Well that's ONE way to prop up the housing market!

This is so perverted, this list should be someone's [parody][in minecraft] list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

so do any of these bills actually do anything to help these people or is it just to enforce violently removing them from public places

Oh you