Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

is there anything neoliberals turn into other than fascists?

e: i guess if they are former child soldiers they can turn into peter daou. This is Good.

If they have been tricked into being Neoliberals, they can change.

But if they were tricked into being Neoliberals, they were probably never neoliberals in the first place, so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/Joeson_One/status/1361108541864607746

THERE'S ALWAYS ONE OF THESE MOTHERFUCKERS IN THE REPLIES

Well yeah, they're paid to do it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/austinruse/status/1361893045260742658

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Oh Jesus Christ.

Oh gently caress.

They probably don’t.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Weembles posted:

Who will be the first democrat leader to put out a "We may have disagreed on some issues, but you have to admit he was a great broadcaster" statement?

https://mobile.twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1362116352794898438

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

lol you’re from Maine dumbass

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

anyway, i hate metaposting

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1362136748621463552?s=19

plz don't look at texas

Mckinsey & Company is mad because China isn't running their death camps nearly as efficiently as they could be, and that's why we need to invade them.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Judakel posted:

they cutting it in reconciliation and then hoping to undo that later on because they want to be tagged as the party that cut medicare.

What could possibly go wrong??

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

Joe has creepy dead black doll eyes.

They aren't even eyes.

They're a void. His face is like a rubber mask stretched over a lidless corpse.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 04:13 on Feb 19, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamieson/status/1368605701849907203

I don’t know who this guy is, but it seems like he’s making a bullshit arguement.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Shipon posted:

maybe this is controversial but doing blackface decades ago is not remotely at the same level of repeated sexual assaults

But its more than a little creepy that it was basically every white politician in Virginia doing it, and the decade they were doing it in was the 80's.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Shipon posted:

the freakout people have about blackface as if it were the same thing as police brutality, instead of some outdated racially insensitive thing people no longer should be doing, is insane

Its a reminder that these guys are the descendants of slave owners, and behind closed doors, they support everything our boys in blue do to keep our peculiar institution running smoothly.

People don't like having to think about that. They like to still hope that they will be saved.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AyeshaASiddiqi/status/1369759682378797063

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Lol at the replies that are like "this comic made me feel bad but thank you for explaining how it's because I knew that it was because the comic is bad"

This is a pretty good example of an issue where the argument is very simple (killing civilians is wrong regardless of the identity of the soldier doing it) which is hard to argue against so it has to be made more complicated in order to obfuscate it and attacked at another angle.

You hit the nail on the head here. The depressing thing is that this tac is pretty effective against left-leaning liberals.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Raccooon posted:

Obama going to kneecap the Biden admin for this lol

I don’t know about that, but I bet he’s having a very Homelander-esque reaction about it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Can't decide if she looks more like an attack on Titan monster or batboy/rick scott

Our entire ruling class look like Apostles from Beserk in their “human” forms.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

So how long until the zoomers and younger millenials figure out AOC is fleecing them or does she just get a series of new desperate young people to cycle in as the older ones check out when exciting COBRA plans (which is maybe not great if you are long term unemployed or your job didn't offer health care) don't engage when the twitch streaming novelty wears off.

If Obama is any indication, 4-8 years, possibly longer.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

What a pathetic life it has to be, for a comedian who has to apologize for even the weakest jokes about the president.

Even the tiktok guy who made a funny video about Biden had to immediately follow it with a video saying how much he actually loves and respects Biden and to please stop calling him a Trump supporter. lol

And he's been like that for decades, bragging about his great relationship with George Bush Sr.

When Will Ferrell was asked if he had a great relationship with W, his answer was "Lol, No".

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

good news coke is a Delaware “owned” company

Yeah, I looked it up and it turns out a lot companies are based out of Delaware. Its crazy how so many great things come out of such a small state!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

loving monsters.

I assume that woman sleeps like a baby at night.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Have American politicians always been this transparent and stupid?

No.

But like a frog slowly being boiled alive, we don't notice it.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

^^^ Not a real thing. Frogs notice and jump out. Only people are that stupid. Amazing line from wikipedia:

Hahahaha woooooo that's even more depressing

Wait, that was Ted Cruz filming that?

If so, how the gently caress do you end up making Ted loving Cruz look like the good guy?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Did not see the Cruz redemption arc coming. The writers can't lean on Trump to carry the show anymore, so this 2021 season means exploring new angles on old characters.

No! gently caress this! This twist is bullshit! I am done with this show!

*Tries to change the channel but the same show is playing everywhere*

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah...no, that’s great AOC!

You uh...you keep doing that! That’s very helpful.

Good job

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

They are certainly transformative!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yes, people are more than "unhappy." Do you know how we know that? From the actual reporting that has been happening and from the immigrant advocacy organizations fighting on this issue for weeks. Not from the photos, which add nothing of substance to the conversation.

No one is saying conditions are good. No one is saying that the situation is acceptable. What I am saying is that empty quoting photos at people is not actual evidence, which we DO have and WERE discussing before these stupid photos consumed all the oxygen by completely derailing any productive conversation

Just as an example- how can you use these photos as evidence that the facilities are overcrowded? In the photo with the most transparent view of people's faces, I count 42 people. How do we know there are 400 unaccompanied male minors? Where did this claim come from? Well, we don't know. Maybe the person who sent the photos also told him that perhaps he got it directly from the Biden admin. Perhaps he got it from a Facebook group he's part of. Without any clear sourcing on the photos, he can say whatever he wants about the conditions and be seen as an authority because he "provided photos" which he did not take himself.

Alan Dershowitz is on the case!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I thought this was Donald Trump for a second before I expanded the image.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

"Concentration camp" is specifically designed to evoke a particular, enraging emotional response that none of the other terms do. Randomly tossing it into an otherwise regular post is an excellent way to make people angrier at a meager cost (generally, to match the poster's anger.) CBP and ICE being full of Nazis, and the Biden administration's failures to date to make the intake process not-horrible, are worth getting angry about. There is no need to use incorrect terminology to make people more furious.

This is a silly argument.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

First they came for the Immigrants
And I did not speak out
Because I was not
Err
Because I respected their dignity
Yeah
That's the ticket

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

ArmZ posted:

wow they've really increased the number of people per square foot to the minimum. you might say they've concentrated the people into one newly built area, like a camp.

Shh! Quiet! The Semantics Police will hear you and they'll get super mad!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

She's gone from pathetic to just straight up evil. It's literally the same people in charge and as has been said what are babies being catapulted across the border?

Alexandria Hernando-Cortez

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1233414601041207296

Just a reminder that the whole working class bartender thing was bullshit.

AOC probably views her job as a bartender the way Pete Buttigieg views his time as a soldier: Something that looks good on a political resume.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Apr 2, 2021

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Snakes Snakes Snakes

Venomous Snakes

All the way down

All the way down

All the way down

Down

Down

Down

We go

Forever and ever

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

So two things about the thumbnails of those vidoes (I will never watch those videos):

I see one, possibly two, self portraits on his wall. Lmfao.

Anime fans skip the revolutionary people's courts and go directly to the gulag kulak influx facilities.

What the gently caress is that stupid championship belt for?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Deified Data posted:

There's literally nothing we can do save not existing that will make this stop

Nonsense. All we have to do is win the victory over ourselves and it will all stop.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Top Gun Reference posted:

I mostly just lurk, but imagine thinking the posters ITT are the problem when people like this exist.

Also, how is blind quoting and mocking D&D posts any different from the goonlulz thread in FYAD or any of the goons.txt -style threads that have existed over the years? Laughing at bad posts has been a staple of this forum since forever.

I'm sure they plan on bleaching all the grey zones white.

Really don't see how they plan on achieving growth by making this message board just like every other message board on the internet, but what do I know?

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

witchy posted:

in the qcs thread maine paineframe let drop that there are multiple people who regularly max out their cap of 12 daily reports lmao

Hmmm maybe there's a chance these reports are made in bad faith?

Nah, probably not!

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Smythe posted:

you fuckers can never take away my love love of aoc, based purely on thirst, devoid of rhetoric, intellect, or the single functioning neuron left in my perfectly ensmoothened withered brain

Hey, you do you!

*gives you the double finger guns*

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bideo James posted:

My favorite thing about all of the forums is that Games has a "believe women" rules post but D&D doesn't.

:captainpop:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Judakel posted:

You'd think he wouldnt mind a little trolling. He used to come in here and say joe was going to win, which he almost didnt.

What no it was a massive landslide c'mon everyone knows that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Telling the libs that republicans gave more people more money is probatable btw. Basic math is is a probatable situation.

Do want them to win? WHY DO YOU WANT THEM TO WIN