Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

no, that's not nearly convoluted enough

But then someone who didn't deserve it (a poor person) might get some help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

And people say there's no reason to use the word 'terrorism' in this day and age.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pawpaw @POTUS is very sad because some bad dogs tracked mud all over the Cattowerpital on January BarkBarkBarkBarkBarkBark, etc.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/israhirsi/status/1362598263036260358?s=20

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

Did they send the $2,000 yet?

PAWFRESSOR MATHEMATLICKS SEZ, PLAY FETCH 600 TIMES THEN FETCH 1400 MORE TIMES...

I...I can't. I just can't.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

remember when they added all of the other candidates together and then just had Bernie sitting apart to show he still had a "minority" of votes

Remember when people insisted that wasn't how the primary actually worked?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Excelzior posted:

sadly I've been informed you will now receive a $16,000 bill for heart-warming

Heartwarming: Texas child starts frozen lemonade stand to pay for parents' electric bill. "It wasn't supposed to be frozen lemonade" says plucky hero kid.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

how did sicknick ultimately die?

Salt vampire.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Related: Derek Chauvin's trial starts in March.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The guy who killed George Floyd.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You remind me of the babe.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly there's so much wild rumor and conjecture about 1/6 flying around from everyone involved on all sides that I'm not going to draw any conclusions until the inevitable deep dive historical holopodcast twenty years from now that our children will argue about on neo-CSPAM.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My Accounting Of The Actual True And Real Events Of Russiagate (I Assume)

The pisstape events happened, less as part of a Top Secret Plan To Control The President Of The United States Decades Later By Those Wily KGB Supermen than as a routine attempt to get leverage on a rich person.

It was then determined that blackmailing Donald Trump was useless since he has the attention span of a goldfish and intelligence to match, and that he was much more easily controlled by telling him he was a great guy and making sure no one else talked to him after you did. Unfortunately for Russia, everyone else knew this too.

There were a few obvious 'hacking' attempts done specifically and solely to sow distrust in American institutions and fear.

Barron recorded anime over the actual pisstape a few years ago.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

this post undermines nato

Information in this post may have been gathered by reading, which is a form of hacking.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am as opposed to touching the poop as it's possible to get, but I would really like to hear about some of the non-evil uses for child cages.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The Project For Good Facts. Brought to you by George Orwell's Hamilton. Subscribe now and get early access to our exclusive single, The Room 101 Where It Happens.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

Keep your goddamned dogs off the government's carpet

Oh no. The headaches have returned. The voices...they...I...

PAWSIDENT DAD SAYS WE HAVE TO BE CAREFUL AND NOT SHED IN THE OVAL PAWFICE OR ANYWHERE IN THE WHITE DOGHOUSE

help

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

as opposed to what

As opposed to them finally taking the President's hints about quietly dropping the whole thing and blaming it on Neera Tanden or someone.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

i think neera's gonna get through and its going to be touted as a major victory

I'm torn between this and her being a sacrificial lamb on the altar of SEE IF WE EVER TRY TO DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOU PROGRESSIVES EVER AGAIN.

(Yes, I know. But that will be the argument if she falls.)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Why are the Democrats fighting so much to give Neera Tanden some White House office head position? All I can tell is that she was senior staff for Hillary Clinton. And that's it. She's been loyal to the Clinton's for over a decade so this is her reward.

It's awesome that Biden's administration is fighting harder for Neera Tanden than $15 minimum wage.

I think there's a lot of internal factionalism in the Dem party that only occasionally spills out in public. Basically (all conjecture, obv) Neera got a cabinet position in exchange for something from the Clinton faction of the party which, for whatever reason, the Obama-Biden faction still needs the support of.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

What about the Sanders-Manchin faction?

predator-handshake.gif

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

IT IS SO ORDERED that those little punks play too many of them vidya games and they should climb a tree or kick a can around. Oh, uh, make more semiconductors I guess TIRE SWINGS

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rectal Death Adept posted:

elizabeth warren is some kind of shapeshifting alien that seems to feed on progressives and trying to pretend to be one ironically is her camouflage

Has anyone just tried offering her some salt?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Who do you think was funding and supplying isis?

Hobby Lobby?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

In closing my opinions are that the US should get to do war crimes whenever it wants, but that nobody should be allowed to get upset about it

Just like the way the First Amendment works!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

$600+$1400-Ten Trillion Dollars That We Just Set On Fire Over Syria To Murder Some People = Sucks To Be You, Syrians, Also Americans.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/libshipwreck/status/1364998730198343680?s=20

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

How are u posted:

Sure. I was in Bolivia in 2016 doing aid work while Evo was trying to get his constituional amendment passed to let him do the extra term. Bolivians were talking about it constantly, and there were very mixed feelings. Undoubtedly the guy has done immense good for Bolivia, but people were really wary about his growing authoritarian tendency.

This was in cocha, not santa cruz or something. working people and students.

I thought Evo was loving great for a long time. But he's a man, and men are fallible, and we shouldn't put men on pedestals. I don't think the coup was right or justified, but i also don't think evo was justified in grabbing for more power pre-coup rather than stepping aside and enthusiastically supporting a good successor.

I'm enormously glad that the coup failed and that the people of Bolivia still have a democratic government.

Man, I don't really know who you are or why people make the sign of the cross and hiss when you come near, but I feel like a more specific answer than "Alas, but man is mortal" to the question of just what was bad about Morales was expected.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

Yeah that objection essentially boils down to "Evo used the machinery of his country's democracy too successfully" as far as I can tell, which isn't interesting enough to merit further discussion

It does actually make sense though, and confirms my longstanding theory that (some) liberals want a clockwork universe where The Rules are more like laws of physics, self-enforcing and inviolate, and that breaking The Rules is not just wrong, it's absolutely impossible and Republicans are guilty of witchcraft, basically.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This is gonna turn out to be just like that time Trump drew on a NOAA map, isn't it?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

No, she has no power. The dems are making her out as this powerful being to be able to convince gullible idiots that she's the reason they can't do "good thing" instead of the true reason of "they don't want to". If you're mad at her for reading a book instead of at the dems then congrats you fell for it.

She works for congress, yes.

Her role (at this point) is to give the democrats cover for not doing a thing they didn't actually want to do.

Whether she was consciously complicit in this is an interesting question but I dunno how relevant.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Worf: "FOOLISH petaQ, TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO-"

Picard: "Mr. Worf, I'm afraid the ship's parlimentarian has ruled that photon torpedoes aren't available in a reconciliation mission.

Worf: "...I see, sir. Must I listen to this 'parlimentarian'?"

Picard: "I'm afraid there's nothing to be done."

Riker: "Actually I can just tell her to eat sh-"

Picard: "NOTHING TO BE DONE. Open hailing frequencies and announce our complete and total surrender..."

Wesley: "Even I outrank the parlimentarian. I don't even think she's in Starfleet. I think she might be a stowaway."

Picard: "Our ship is yours."

Pakled Captain: "We...are smart?"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

I really wanna know how this person feels about their meme status, if they even know

They look enough like an old friend of mine from college (pretty sure it's not actually her) that the meme makes me a bit uncomfortable.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I am going to become the Riddler.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

has Biden sent out the checks yet

Yes, if by "checks" you mean "missiles".

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AWAKEN, PARLIMENTARIAN, AND DO THY DUTY, FOR THE GODS OF CENTRISM CALL UPON THEE IN THIS, THINE HOUR OF PURPOSE.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

I think it was some random edit, or shitpost.

I remember someone posted a tweet in the succ thread saying that, but there was no proof.

I'm sure we've seen evidence that Elizabeth Warren at one point had a photograph of a living dog.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

lmxo

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also the best take on the checks is that they should be $2000/month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

Alsonrhe entire Bernie Bro thing (recycled from the Obama Boys) was about Taintrunner which is why he shouldn't have been nominated.