Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

democrats have so thoroughly internalized the idea that McConnell is some kind of political mastermind that they've ceded all power to him and in doing so, fulfilled their own prophesy

I am in awe of their acumen

and also their a cum on

we can never defeat McConnell, better just surrender and pray he's merciful.

Meanwhile, McConnell is actively dying of five plagues and probably called his wife his nurse this morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Pussy Boss posted:

Is there one goddamn democrat in congress who will fight for working people. Not just make tweets but actually stand up to leadership.

working people don't give them big checks, so no

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
meanwhile, it seems HR1 does exactly what it's meant to do, gently caress over anyone but political power brokers.

https://www.gp.org/hr1

quote:

HR 1 is sold as a way to get money out of politics and to protect voters but it contains a poison pill for democracy and opposition parties like the Green Party. HR1 quintuples the amount of money Green presidential campaigns will be required to raise to qualify for federal matching funds: from $5,000 in each of 20 states to $25,000 per state.

The Green Party stands opposed to this bait-and-switch legislation that claims to improve access to voting while actually dismantling everyone's right to organize electorally against the parties of War and Wall Street. In a recent Gallup poll, a record 62% of US voters said we need a new major party.

In addition to quintupling the money presidential candidates must raise to access presidential primary public matching funds, HR1 will:

Abolish the general election campaign block grants that parties can access by winning at least 5% of the vote in the previous presidential election. HR1 will eliminate this provision that was created to give a fair shot to alternative parties that demonstrate significant public support

Replace the general election block grants (where each qualified candidate receives a set, lump sum of public funding for campaign expenses) with matching funds through Election Day — a huge step backwards for public campaign finance reform — using the above-mentioned criteria designed to squeeze out alternative parties and independent candidates

Eliminate the limits on donations and expenditures candidates can receive and make — what kind of campaign finance reform is that?

Inflate the amount of money national party committees can give to candidates from $5000 to $100 million, an astonishing increase of 1999900% that would give party bosses virtually unlimited power to flood elections with big money
Instead of trying to fool American voters and eliminating minor party voices, the Green Party calls for real reforms to democratize elections:

The Fair Representation Act, introduced in 2018 and 2019, would enact Ranked-Choice Voting (RCV) and multi-member districts for Congressional elections, giving voters more power and more choice

Individual state governments should enact RCV for their elections, including the presidential election

Fully-public campaign finance for every federal, state and local office through the Clean Money/Clean Elections model now used in Arizona and Maine

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Goddamn imagine these people if trump won again

they'd be so happy, they could ignore politics again and just tweet 'orange man bad' level poo poo every day or find some obscure and meaningless 'Bruce Gunch met with Vladimir Sacklico at a Moscow convention hall in 2007, and I think we all know what THAT means, tick tock Trump!!!!' conspiracy poo poo to obsess over. Now they have to watch the news and care about cabinet poo poo and it must be loving miserable.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the tears will never end, even after Joe dies (so like, next year I guess) these perverts will be bursting into poo poo all "WE STILL REMEMBER WHAT YOU DID TO NEERA!!!!!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Nobody I know irl knows who neera even is lmao

it's so loving funny how every one of these freaks have 100% told leftists 'nobody outside twitter cares about this' about poo poo like minimum wage and M4A but now they think the nation is reeling from some lady nobody knows being denied a job nobody gives a poo poo about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Chris James 2 posted:

It's literally just as much a cult as Trump's fans

way more, the Trump cult obsesses over Carter Page and poo poo but they at least are actual right wing media figures, Neera barely actually goes on shows and poo poo to get wormed into these people's brains!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

Isn't the VP asian american

Kamala knew the rule, you let your fans harass and be racist for you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MysteriousStranger posted:

Monica had a Ted Talk or something where she was all "most women my age have affairs with some nobody, I had an affair with the president of the united states!". She's been rather open that she was happy to bag "the president" and was more pissed off she was portrayed as some twit twat victim in this who didn't know any better and got suckered into rather than "yeah I bonked the president go me".

The whole thing was stupid, especially when the Clinton lead penis chasers like Gingrich were getting blow jobs in their cars while their wives had cancer. And Monica wasn't some dunce who fell off a turnip truck and wandered into the White House.

The notion that women can't be predatory and initiate things and brag about it to their friends has always been moronic.

some what now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
extremely mayor pete voice: twit twat

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

How dare the left do this to a proud woman of color whose only crime was just posting

really my only problem with this is that we're letting people forget she literally wanted to do trump's 'keep the oil' thing like four years before he did.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think I may never vote Dem again after this, I can't even justify voting for dem congresspeople like I did last time if they're going to just loving give up like this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

im definitely not, even if they align with me on a 1:1 basis after the last week im forced to assume theyre either lying or will end up giving away the farm

yea I'm not sure I can trust any dem's rhetoric again even the 'progressive' ones, just zero effort to actually walk the walk beyond some lovely tweets.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

If the choice was "start the phase out at 50k" or "speed up the phase out", I'm picking speeding it up every time.

People making over 80k do not need this as much as people making less

Imo, if someone's upset over this its because they are specifically in the small chunk that is now getting excluded. Welcome to having a high income, we shouldn't have emergency aid tailored to us.

who gives a poo poo?! Who gives a single loving poo poo?????? Who could possibly loving care???? I don't care if loving Bill Gates gets 2k that he wouldn't wipe his rear end with just give me my loving money!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also in general eat a pile of poo poo for acting like someone who MAY have been making x amount of money at the time of taxes last year clearly must be living high on the hog now and not need it, you baby brain rear end motherfucker did you notice a lot of bad poo poo happened to everyone over the past year???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'if someone thinks means testing is pointlessly cruel and does nothing but delay needed aid they must be rich' ~ some loving moron fresh from idiot-town who has never actually talked about these issues before but needs to reflexively protect the segregationist they voted for

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

I find it a little silly to have to be doing this.

But:

1) if this is what's needed to pass it then them's the breaks
2) you have to set the line somewhere
3) best structure it so as many people as possible are getting the full amount rather than changing it so more people get checks but less people get the full amount

set the line directly in my rear end in a top hat

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'we just can't give you all 2k, it'd be too much' ~ the guys who print the loving money

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Too Many Birds posted:

what if, get this, we just hand out the loving checks because money is fake made up bullshit anyway

the dollar is the MOST fake money, too! We run global finance! We can do whatever we want!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'no we can't give everyone 2k, what if the entire loving globe stops tacking their economy to the dollar suddenly for no reason??????'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
some loving bank cabal full of pedophiles in England is gonna see everyone got 2k and suddenly get spooked like a horse and destroy their nation's economy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
poor ol Japan, thought of $2000 and died

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

In the Colosseum posted:

clearly democrats should be taking their cues from people who were dumb enough to vote for clinton then trump

I literally respect those people more than the ones who voted for Clinton and then Biden, that's absolute sucker energy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Trump voters are idiots, especially ones who are nominally liberal and thought the dude who wanted to shoot all Muslims to the moon was a secret progressive, but if you looked at both Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and said 'yes this is a good parade of moral and just people who will fight for me' you are medically impaired.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WorkerThread posted:

trump actually gave people money and didn't need to spend 23 hours a day in a hyberbaric chamber!!!

the loving demented rapist who just wanted to eat hamburgers and scream racial slurs managed to get me a check! Where's Joe's excuse?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

There's a good Keynesian argument for means-testing stimulus, as income increases the % of income going towards consumption activity declines. The point of the checks are to stimulate consumer demand. If someone just puts it in a savings account it's not really doing anything useful.

https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/kdynan/files/200052pap.pdf

there's not a good Keynesian argument for loving anything you dipshit, demand based economics are literal fairy tale bullshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'we have to tailor the market to the demands of the people' ~ some idiot who probably is on his fifth monthly sock subscription box of the year

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

fun fact: keynes somehow actually thought that working people could have a 3 hr workday under capitalism

fuckin rube

I do wanna say I'm sorry for getting aggro on you specifically when I could spend this energy cyberbullying Joe Biden

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Too Many Birds posted:

dems literally campaigned their senate majority on getting these checks out and now they are shaving away that money as much as they possibly can.

meanwhile i guarantee there is language in this bill that is going to give israel new sniper rifles they will use on pregnant palestinians.

Remember the day of the runoff when Joe literally said 'we're going to get $2000 out the door day one' and then as soon as they were over said 'I actually meant $1400 and you're an idiot if you disagree'?

Cool time!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

Give me money that expires then if that is the issue I will buy something.

yea if the issue really is this dumbass worldview then give me a check that auto-explodes in four months or something Inspector Gadget style! I'll spend that poo poo, I'll buy so many Steam games I don't need! Just give me my drat money!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nix Panicus posted:

Supply based economics are also literal fairy tale bullshit.

Theres a conclusion here that should be easy to reach

clearly the answer is we need both sides of this debate to swap off the reigns of power every few years until a perfect middle forms.

Any year now...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

the highest hope i had for national dsa was when the bernie or bust resolution passed.

That hope did not last long unfortunately lol. national is a disgrace.

baltimore's local is pretty goddamn good though, I'll rep dsa for their sake.

yea some locals are still legit but I was also incredibly sad to see the national form of the party just happily become a vestigial growth of the DNC

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Substandard posted:

Why would that ever be the choice? Where are the people who are voting against a 1.9 trillion dollar relief bill but are all in on a 1.78 trillion dollar relief bill? Also, all of this stupid means testing is based on pre-COVID income. So some number of the 80k folks are probably jobless now.

seriously I need to see SOMEONE drill these fuckers on this. Ask every single moderate Dem 'did you at any point ever even hint that you'd not support a 1.9 trillion bill, but were fine with a 1.7 one?' We all know the answer is no but I want loving record proof that this fantasy land poo poo is a complete lie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if we had any actual press in this country 'getting to the bottom of who made them add means testing in this bill meant to save lives' would be priority 1 for every outlet. Like, journalists getting into loving fist fights over who can get the scoop level.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I saw DSA best described as the Dems' youth outreach org.

pretty much yea, DSA in most places are where the cool and slightly more diverse youth ends of the DNC go 'hey M4A is cool but you know what's REALLY cool? Medicare for all who want it'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's my money and I want it now!!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

he's gonna try to do a coup like trump's piss baby one isn't he

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Willa Rogers posted:

this is the exact same excuse biden used when called out last year, lol.

ah, those irish & italians with their eagerness for physical affection!

I'm sure if I, a large male presenting queer, were to come up to them and grab at them and kiss them they'd be very friendly with my clearly normal way to greet someone, especially a stranger I have no relationship with! It's all very normal, Willa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I assume D&D is declaring this as brilliant statecraft from the Biden administration?